Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110941 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2015, 11:04:40 AM »
Peterson Farm Bros are throwing in their support!

https://www.facebook.com/PetersonFarmBros/posts/970219779666879

From all sides, this is activism at its finest. :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2015, 11:05:49 AM »

I def agree that we should all start calling those phone numbers with our respective messages.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2015, 11:11:26 AM »
Honestly?  KU filed a formal complaint?  How small timey and low self esteem can you get if true?   

The contradiction of a regressive conservative state that has people who apparently see penises everywhere. 

Thanks KU!

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2015, 11:13:39 AM »

Quote from: Peterson Farm Bros
We were all at the game on Saturday and this was Greg's perspective after the game:

-I was at the game yesterday sitting with my brothers in the student section across the aisle from the marching band. As with any season opener, the student section and the band were filled with excitement throughout pre-game and the first half. The band had just been named as the top band in the country and I believe they were anxious to back that up this season.

-Halftime came and the band did their performance. Nathan’s roommate had been hyping the show all week and said it was going to be epic. It was Star Trek/Star Wars themed and the band did several songs and formations that were pretty awesome. Then announcer said something about a “space monster” and then the “spaceship” the band had formed smashed into the “space monster” AKA jayhawk. I did not hear a single comment from anyone in the student section on the formation. It was simply an awesome halftime show. We cheered and moved on.

-It took about an hour for the controversy to hit social media. Without the internet, this fades away with maybe a handful of people thinking those thoughts. However, somebody must have thought to post it to social media. Of course, something of that nature is going to spread like wildfire and soon it was all over the place. Soon we noticed that Dr. Tracz had left from directing the band. By the 4th quarter, the excitement level of the band had decreased drastically. Everyone seemed uneasy and they played the songs without their typical enthusiasm. Dr. Tracz returned looking devastated, like he was about to cry. I know Dr. Tracz and he loves K-State so much, if he ever knew he had done something to harm the reputation of the school he would be sick. He was in discussion for the rest of the game with a guy who looked like the social media manager (he was constantly looking at his phone) and another lady who I’m guessing was the communicator between him and K-State leadership. They looked very upset.

-I minored in music at K-State and spent 4 years as somewhat part of the music department. All of the directors (choir and band) are huge K-State fans, especially Dr. Tracz. They are also quality, upstanding individuals and impactful leaders. Dr. Tracz has mentored and influenced thousands of students over his time at KSU and he is so passionate about what he does. The culture of the music department at K-State is so far opposite of what is being said about them online and in the news.

-I believe 100% that they would never intentionally portray what some sick-minded people thought they portrayed. Think about all the hours spent working on a performance in 90-100 degree heat. Think about all the freshman out on the field experiencing their first game. Think about the honor and pride the band would feel after winning that award. Why in the world would anyone involved with that program put all of that at risk to do something as offensive and inappropriate as what is being claimed? It is absurd to think that someone would be stupid enough to A) Plan that on purpose B) Get the okay from leadership to go through with it during the game and C) Not realize that something of that nature would be devastating to K-State’s reputation as a family friendly school.

-No, I don’t think it was necessary to bring KU into the halftime show when we were playing South Dakota. Especially when KU fans were already beaten down from losing to an FCS school that afternoon. Not necessary. However, the concept makes sense, if you are going to blow something up with a spaceship, you’d want it to be the villain that the stadium will recognize. Would the students recognize a coyote? Anything else? The Jayhawk was definitely identifiable. If the innuendos wouldn’t have been brought up, this would not have been a big deal at all. It’s a rivalry and this would have all been in good fun. I wish they wouldn’t have involved KU, but they did and now some (not all) KU fans are calling K-State classless, unsportsmanlike, and are calling for Dr. Tracz to be fired.

-How do you think this makes these band members feel? These students worked tirelessly for many hours to make that program possible and were feeling so much pride in their work because of the award they received. Many of them were living out their dream of marching as part of the KSU band for the first time. Now? They are devastated. How do you think this makes Dr. Tracz feel? He has been working for years to build the band up to wear they would receive an award like that. He is one of the biggest KSU fans and university contributors out there and now people are calling for him to be fired? I feel for everyone involved in all of this. I truly believe they meant no harm.

-This whole situation makes me sad for 3 reasons. One, it shows how perverted our culture is and how corrupt our media is for stirring the pot as much as they did just to get ratings and response. Two, it has caused extreme damage in reputation to a school and (>95% of the) fan base that has one of the most positive, family oriented cultures out there. And finally, it overshadows K-State winning their season opener, LHC Bill Snyder being inducted into the hall of fame, Nelson, Scott Sproles, Bishop being inducted into the ring of honor, a new stadium addition, and a marching band that is one of the best in the country. I believe no one intended for any of this to happen and I hope everyone can understand that.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2015, 11:15:25 AM »
when Greg Peterson speaks, people stop what they are doing and listen

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2015, 11:16:29 AM »
This entire thing blows my mind.

KU, our amateurish response, our total lack of awareness toward giving legitimacy to issues that are completely insignificant.  It all blows my mind.

But, I guess if ChickenWing Gate taught us anything, it's that we are completely clueless in how to play the PR game.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2015, 11:17:33 AM »
:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2015, 11:17:43 AM »

KU, our amateurish response, our inability to play the PR game, our lack of awareness toward giving legitimacy to issues that are completely insignificant.  It all blows my mind.

Don't let it blow your mind next time.

Offline LynchMob42

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »
Good grief!

ADJC and UPKS had better stand up and get this right. Support the band. Squash this stupid "unsportsmanlike" BS.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »

KU, our amateurish response, our inability to play the PR game, our lack of awareness toward giving legitimacy to issues that are completely insignificant.  It all blows my mind.

Reminds me of our overreaction and inability to take advantage of the viral hit that was EcoKat.

RIP EcoKat.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2015, 11:19:15 AM »
Can anybody get a confirmation that KU filed a complaint? That would be outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2015, 11:20:57 AM »
Can anybody get a confirmation that KU filed a complaint? That would be outstanding.

Are you questioning Geralyn Tracz, proud wife of Dr. Frank Tracz?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2015, 11:21:11 AM »
Those that choose to comment on the Internet websites or on social media almost universally think it was either hilarious or they can't understand who saw a dick and WTF is a matter (again) with people in Kansas. 

Thanks KU!

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »
This is incredible

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »
http://www.kctv5.com/story/29975042/fallout-from-k-state-marching-band-shot-at-jayhawks-continues

Quote from:  KCTV Sports in reference to the jayhawk
It's one of the coolest mascots if not the coolest mascot in sports.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2015, 11:23:30 AM »

Reminds me of our overreaction and inability to take advantage of the viral hit that was EcoKat.

RIP EcoKat.

It basically reminds me of EVER Y time we are faced with a public relations related issue.

We literally manufacture the crisis by legitimizing the issue every single time with the amateur hour way we manage these events.

The way it's handled is you say nothing, BECAUSE NOTHING NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED OR LEGITIMIZED or you laugh it off like William Shatner this weekend immediately by saying something humorous like "I wonder if Mother Nature needs to apologize for cloud formations with these same people".
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2015, 11:23:43 AM »
Who do we cut the $5000 check to? The Marching Band Police?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2015, 11:31:35 AM »
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:35:09 AM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2015, 11:33:14 AM »
would people please start using a NSFW when attaching articles that show these obscene pictures of the band, my 7 year old son just walked into the room while I was reading that article, now it looks like he'll be learning about fellatio today, thanks guys.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2015, 11:33:26 AM »
 :ROFL: Nobody victimizes itself better than we do.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2015, 11:34:18 AM »
A self imposed $5,000 fine? What in the eff.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »
Holy crap.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »
It is actually pretty hilarious to carry through the delusion of some of these KU folks. I'm just imagining the band at practice and Dr. Tracz yelling out "the balls need to be ROUNDER!"

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »
good grief

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »
LOL that these dumbfucks are gonna pick your next football coach.