Author Topic: Because inside every Syrian . . .  (Read 14036 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Because inside every Syrian . . .
« on: November 21, 2014, 03:09:28 PM »
is an American trying to get out!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-weighs-expanded-cia-training-arming-of-syrian-allies-struggling-against-assad/2014/11/14/227abfe4-6c17-11e4-9fb4-a622dae742a2_story.html

U.S. officials said their vetting efforts will focus on identifying recruits who are willing and motivated to fight the Islamic State, but they acknowledge that enforcing that agenda may prove difficult once the fighters leave CIA and U.S. military camps.
  :lol:

Hey Mr. Moderate Syrian Freedom Fighter, you horny for some ISIS blood or some Syrian Army Blood . . . and kittens, you like kittens right?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Because inside every Syrian . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 08:18:57 AM »
What a crap show, but Orange Man Bad!

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 12:15:11 PM »
 :bwpopcorn:

but yeah bailing on the kurds is super shitty
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:21:26 PM by LickNeckey »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 12:41:54 PM »
You didn’t give two shits about the Kurds until 2 days ago.   Plus you’re leaving out the details of the Kurdish incursions into Turkey over the years. 

Turkey has been attacking the Kurds since your guy was in office but strangely, nary a peep from Lick until now. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »
thank you for exposing the double standards in every single post dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 12:49:37 PM »

When resident LibBots finally admit that your guy created a complete crap show in Syria then we can talk about double standards.  But you’re not capable of admitting that.

LOL at being pissed about Trump taking credit for rolling back ISIS, the true roll back of ISIS did not start until after he took office. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 01:03:52 PM »
You didn’t give two shits about the Kurds until 2 days ago.   Plus you’re leaving out the details of the Kurdish incursions into Turkey over the years. 

Turkey has been attacking the Kurds since your guy was in office but strangely, nary a peep from Lick until now.

Catalonia probably gets there first. I think the attempt at Federalized voter suppression hurt Spain's case in the court of public opinion globally.

Not sure if Catalon independence would make the path to independence harder or easier for the Basques.

Kurds probably deserve it first but have both Iran and Turkey working tirelessly against them

without further research my general recollection is that most of our support for regime change occurred prior to Russia's formal involvement

by the time Russia joined the fray it seemed we had moved more towards the balance of supporting the Kurds against DAESH and pacifying Turkey about this support

Dax what would be the preferred response in your opinion.

Honest question.

Leaning on the Kurds to beat ISIS and immediately bailing so Turkey can roll on them is shady af.

The Kurds have been a far more reliable as of late.

no real problem.

just hope we dont completely eff over the Kurds again.

any real victory over ISIS belongs to them

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 01:09:47 PM »

When resident LibBots finally admit that your guy created a complete crap show in Syria then we can talk about double standards.  But you’re not capable of admitting that.

LOL at being pissed about Trump taking credit for rolling back ISIS, the true roll back of ISIS did not start until after he took office.

who's my guy?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 01:11:48 PM »

who's my guy?

Your guy is always Obama. Even if he's not. 

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 01:55:50 PM »

Catalonia probably gets there first. I think the attempt at Federalized voter suppression hurt Spain's case in the court of public opinion globally.

Not sure if Catalon independence would make the path to independence harder or easier for the Basques.

Kurds probably deserve it first but have both Iran and Turkey working tirelessly against them

without further research my general recollection is that most of our support for regime change occurred prior to Russia's formal involvement

by the time Russia joined the fray it seemed we had moved more towards the balance of supporting the Kurds against DAESH and pacifying Turkey about this support

Dax what would be the preferred response in your opinion.

Honest question.

Leaning on the Kurds to beat ISIS and immediately bailing so Turkey can roll on them is shady af.

The Kurds have been a far more reliable as of late.

no real problem.

just hope we dont completely eff over the Kurds again.

any real victory over ISIS belongs to them
:bwpopcorn: :lol:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 01:59:37 PM »
Lick tapping out quicker than usual. Sad, but not surprising at all.

- Dax
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 02:05:22 PM »
The Big Dummy, dumber than he was dumb yesterday.  Sad.   - dax

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2019, 04:59:18 PM »
Maybe the Kurds should agree to investigate Joe Biden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2019, 08:23:05 PM »
Hey good for Lick, I'll admit Lick has a 2 liter bottle cap depth of intelligence, unlike the rest.

Of course what Lick is leaving out is the fact that Turkey has been attacking the Kurds (with U.S. made weapons for years) dating well back to his guy being in office.   

What Lick is also leaving out is the the YPG (PKK who is Banned in Turkey) has eyes on making part of Turkey their own, along with areas in Syria and Iraq.   In that regard Turkey is acting no differently than another nation state of any merit would act.  We're literally talking about a Ethnic/Political movement talking about making part of a NATO country their own net new sovereign country.   Gosh, I just can't think of any time in history when the taking of territories in such a (similar) fashion have ever been the launching pad for a future armed conflict. 

Another thing Lick is leaving out is the fact that thanks to Barry Obama (and our DOD, more on that little operation out of Croatia and Qatar later) is home to 2 million Syrian refugees, Turkey would like to re-patriot them in Syria.   

#details

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2019, 08:32:23 PM »
Hey good for Lick, I'll admit Lick has a 2 liter bottle cap depth of intelligence, unlike the rest.
What a compliment.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 08:34:23 PM »
What a compliment.

Imagine the sting of getting owned by a guy with "2 liter bottle cap depth" intelligence  :sdeek:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 08:36:23 PM »
What a compliment.

Imagine the sting of getting owned by a guy with "2 liter bottle cap depth" intelligence  :sdeek:

I'm going to  :lol: my ass off if you're still in the Dominican posting on this board.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 09:40:05 PM »

Of course what Lick is leaving out is the fact that Turkey has been attacking the Kurds (with U.S. made weapons for years) dating well back to his guy being in office.   

What Lick is also leaving out is the the YPG (PKK who is Banned in Turkey) has eyes on making part of Turkey their own, along with areas in Syria and Iraq.   In that regard Turkey is acting no differently than another nation state of any merit would act.  We're literally talking about a Ethnic/Political movement talking about making part of a NATO country their own net new sovereign country.   Gosh, I just can't think of any time in history when the taking of territories in such a (similar) fashion have ever been the launching pad for a future armed conflict. 

Another thing Lick is leaving out is the fact that thanks to Barry Obama (and our DOD, more on that little operation out of Croatia and Qatar later) is home to 2 million Syrian refugees, Turkey would like to re-patriot them in Syria.   

#details

give me a break i have only cared about the issue for 2 days

seriously though everything you post above is accurate i wouldn't say i left it out but didn't see it relating to the issue at hand (us rough ridin' our only relaiable ally in the region.)

also you don't mention the numerous Turkish attempts to ethnically cleanse the Turkish population (a new version unfolding as we speak)

nor do you speak of the failure of the Treaty of Sevres (which promised and independent Kurdistan) and the creation of conflict borders that broke the Kurds up among 4 nations.

Ultimately I am not sure why current poicy does not favor the creation of an independent Kurdistan. 

because it will anger Turkey?

- Erdogan is a bad actor and in no way has our interests at heart.

because it will anger Iraq?

- Iraq already has little control over the Kurdish autonomous region and has always struggled to control thepopulation (see Sadaam)

because it will anger Iran?

- I doubt this is troubling to us.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 11:30:37 PM »
What a compliment.

I'm going to  :lol: my ass off if you're still in the Dominican posting on this board.
Dax, you could be in Space and you wouldn't dare miss your daily meltdown(s) in The Pit.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 06:27:08 AM »
What a compliment.

Dax, you could be in Space and you wouldn't dare miss your daily meltdown(s) in The Pit.

Nothing even remotely tops the daily Orange Man Bad meltdowns which now span years.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 06:48:52 AM »

#details

give me a break i have only cared about the issue for 2 days

seriously though everything you post above is accurate i wouldn't say i left it out but didn't see it relating to the issue at hand (us rough ridin' our only relaiable ally in the region.)

also you don't mention the numerous Turkish attempts to ethnically cleanse the Turkish population (a new version unfolding as we speak)

nor do you speak of the failure of the Treaty of Sevres (which promised and independent Kurdistan) and the creation of conflict borders that broke the Kurds up among 4 nations.

Ultimately I am not sure why current poicy does not favor the creation of an independent Kurdistan. 

because it will anger Turkey?

- Erdogan is a bad actor and in no way has our interests at heart.

because it will anger Iraq?

- Iraq already has little control over the Kurdish autonomous region and has always struggled to control thepopulation (see Sadaam)

because it will anger Iran?

- I doubt this is troubling to us.

Well, I suppose we could back another coup attempt of Erd just like Obama did (dude loved regime change).

Turkey has said they're going to do what they're doing no matter what Washington said, so unless we're looking to go to war against another NATO country or once again immerse ourselves further in the area with more troops and no fly zones etc. etc.    Which would once again place the United States on the hook for yet another endless commitment in the Middle East, it is what it is.

Unfortunately the Kurds kept poking the bear in Turkey and this is the result. 

The United States, at least the CIA and DOD is still doing some extremely eff'd up things in the Middle East, including  arming IS type factions in Syria and Yemen because they are/were fighting Iranian backed forces.   

You also can't help but note that here's another NATO "partner"involved in a Balkanization effort.   Sad

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2019, 10:16:37 AM »
Yes, let's go to war with Turkey over the Kurds.

Sounds like a very smart thing to do.

BTW embedded with the Kurds are a lot of not very good people, who were only fighting IS so as to carve out land so they could partition it for themselves.

But the drama queens don't pay attention to this kind of stuff.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2019, 10:19:57 AM »
I think Turkey would back down without going to war with us if we were to stop them from bombing the Kurds.