Author Topic: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread  (Read 318488 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1025 on: December 16, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »
are Iowa fans just as bad or worse than ISU fans?  Ferentz has been there a million years and makes a ton of money and hasn't won crap.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 16, 2014, 01:46:03 PM »
I can't believe how many Bo defenders are on this board. He was a drooling pants pisser on the sideline who embarrassed the institution that employed him on a weekly basis and he couldn't win a meaningful football game.

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 16, 2014, 01:50:31 PM »

Snyder tends to lose to better teams, and beat lesser teams.  KSU performs basically as would be expected for a team that is ranked 10-15.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 16, 2014, 01:51:08 PM »
are Iowa fans just as bad or worse than ISU fans?  Ferentz has been there a million years and makes a ton of money and hasn't won crap.

Are you kidding? Iowa is in a bowl every year. There is no comparison to ISU. Ferentz has an absolutely massive buyout, biggest in the Big Ten, possibly biggest in the country. Anyway, he has a greater percentage of his fans that want him out than Rhodes does. Iowa fans also want to fire their ad.

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 16, 2014, 01:52:37 PM »

Bo fields a losery team that doesn't project in the top 25.

Offline signature move

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 16, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »

don't be an idiot. he is 115–84 (.578) at iowa. what the hell are you supposed to win at iowa?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 16, 2014, 02:14:14 PM »

don't be an idiot. he is 115–84 (.578) at iowa. what the hell are you supposed to win at iowa?

when you play in a garbage division and your coach has been there for 16 freaking years, you think you'd be rolling and contending for division titles at least.  In his last 5 years he's 19-21 in a garbage league, yet Iowa people I work with continue to call him Captain Kirk and seem to think they can't do any better.  Very ISU'ey.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 16, 2014, 02:42:25 PM »

when you play in a garbage division and your coach has been there for 16 freaking years, you think you'd be rolling and contending for division titles at least.  In his last 5 years he's 19-21 in a garbage league, yet Iowa people I work with continue to call him Captain Kirk and seem to think they can't do any better.  Very ISU'ey.

Do they live in Iowa? Most Iowa fans I know are either mad or are just okay with his results (this is what I was warning about when we discussed expectations of our program), I don't know anyone who loves Ferentz.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 16, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »
I could very much see us turn into Iowa. I also think Nebraska will be very iowa-y.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 16, 2014, 03:28:38 PM »

Do they live in Iowa? Most Iowa fans I know are either mad or are just okay with his results (this is what I was warning about when we discussed expectations of our program), I don't know anyone who loves Ferentz.

no, they live in KC.  they are probably just scared of the unknown, I mean 16 years, wow.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 16, 2014, 03:45:03 PM »
I enjoyed that Iowa team with Brad Banks.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 18, 2014, 02:11:27 PM »
Some woman at my office has a husband who works for a company that makes cabinets, her husband was a towny and she claims to be good friends with Sean. She said today that Bill is retiring, wants Sean to be the next guy but Sean doesn't want to. She says Bill will announce after the Alamo Bowl. I don't believe her at all, but she seemed pretty confident in her statement

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 18, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
"I'm not going to be the next Head Coach of the KSU Cats, and you can't make me dad", exclaimed Sean as he stomped off to his room. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1038 on: December 18, 2014, 02:23:15 PM »
"I'm not going to be the next Head Coach of the KSU Cats, and you can't make me dad", exclaimed Sean as he stomped off to his room.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 18, 2014, 03:29:52 PM »

:)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 18, 2014, 04:59:41 PM »
Some woman at my office has a husband who works for a company that makes cabinets, her husband was a towny and she claims to be good friends with Sean. She said today that Bill is retiring, wants Sean to be the next guy but Sean doesn't want to. She says Bill will announce after the Alamo Bowl. I don't believe her at all, but she seemed pretty confident in her statement

Residential cabinet contractors are usually HAF, in my experience.   :dunno:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 18, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »
Panjam and meow totally luked felix
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1042 on: December 20, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »

no, they live in KC.  they are probably just scared of the unknown, I mean 16 years, wow.

Iowa has had only two football coaches since 1979.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 20, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
Panjam and meow totally luked felix

It's hard to stay on top of this stuff.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 20, 2014, 01:25:02 PM »
What about mark Hudspeth? :dunno:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 20, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »
What about mark Hudspeth? :dunno:
in two years maybe

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 20, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »
36 wins in 4 seasons. Pretty good.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 20, 2014, 01:35:30 PM »
36 wins in 4 seasons. Pretty good.
other coaches players same oline for 4 years ect ect

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 20, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »
 Some of you need to stop thinking Iowa state and think kstate

Big difference

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 20, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
Hudspeth would be fine.  He had an extremely strong program at North Alabama and went deep into the playoffs almost every year.  He's won four straight bowl games and has really kicked a lot of ass in the Sun Belt.

If the last few offseasons have taught us anything, it's that you're going to be underwhelmed by who you hire.  Look up Hudspeth and where he was before ULL.  He's been pretty excellent everywhere.  That's a more impressive resume than what I think we'll ultimately be able to pull.

To me, his only knock from coaching here is that he's never really been in the Midwest. He's almost coached exclusively in SEC territory.  But I'd be happy with him for sure.