Author Topic: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread  (Read 316719 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #800 on: December 11, 2014, 11:32:54 PM »
always enjoyed that sean story, cartier

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 11, 2014, 11:37:43 PM »
always enjoyed that sean story, cartier

I've definitely gotten my miles out of it. I mean, WTF dude. I get paid $26 a game to be a glorified babysitter out here man, don't wait for me in the parking lot. I want to go home and eat a totinos and watch TV sheesh.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 11, 2014, 11:46:03 PM »
That's pretty good money

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 11, 2014, 11:54:49 PM »
Sean Snyder is a small man, who couldn't coach a little league baseball team effectively (I watched it in person as an umpire). He is extremely insecure and overcompensates constantly. He waited in the parking lot for me and my partner in the parking lot after a game to yell at us. The game was played by 12 year olds, and the calls in question were called correctly.

You might ask "So you watched him coach his kid in baseball, that doesn't mean he can't coach college football right?"  I would contend that the character flaws and insecurities I witnessed are deep in him, and will surface if he gets the head coaching job.

Pray that sean snyder is never the head coach at Kansas State in football.

Well there's one way he's not like his dad, he's actually participating in the lives of his children.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 11, 2014, 11:55:21 PM »
I'm at the point where I'd be okay with an internal hire. Someone who can keep the player development program going while continuing to get young stud coaches that kick ass on the recruiting trail.  We're starting to establish a fairly high floor (6-6/7-5) but 10-2 feels like our ceiling right now. If Dana or Sean can go 8-4, 9-3 and make a run at it every 3 or 4 years, that's a home run.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 11, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »
Sean Snyder is a small man, who couldn't coach a little league baseball team effectively (I watched it in person as an umpire). He is extremely insecure and overcompensates constantly. He waited in the parking lot for me and my partner in the parking lot after a game to yell at us. The game was played by 12 year olds, and the calls in question were called correctly.

You might ask "So you watched him coach his kid in baseball, that doesn't mean he can't coach college football right?"  I would contend that the character flaws and insecurities I witnessed are deep in him, and will surface if he gets the head coaching job.

Well there's one way he's not like his dad, he's actually participating in the lives of his children.
:D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 12, 2014, 12:14:18 AM »
I'm at the point where I'd be okay with an internal hire. Someone who can keep the player development program going while continuing to get young stud coaches that kick ass on the recruiting trail.  We're starting to establish a fairly high floor (6-6/7-5) but 10-2 feels like our ceiling right now. If Dana or Sean can go 8-4, 9-3 and make a run at it every 3 or 4 years, that's a home run.

I spent a great deal of time convincing myself I'd be good with an internal hire, then I realized it has absolutely no chance of happening.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 12, 2014, 12:23:25 AM »
I just hope we get the DoD 1.0 band back together at some point in the next decade or two.  Even if it is just BV and some former players it would be crazy fun.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 12, 2014, 01:03:32 AM »

I'll never forget Bill's reaction to Whitney getting engaged during a time out.  :lol:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 12, 2014, 06:33:33 AM »

How can you say that?  He's basically with Sean everyday, and sees Whitney on Christmas morning.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: December 12, 2014, 07:27:11 AM »
Well if Sean is actively being a Dad then I definitely don't want him. I mean we're talking k-state football here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:34:04 AM by Benja »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 12, 2014, 07:37:26 AM »
Mangino was banned from HS football games and then took KU to the Orange Bowl. SEAN FOR KSU!!!!!!!!!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 12, 2014, 07:37:44 AM »
Just jk

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 12, 2014, 07:38:51 AM »
good posts slobber.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 12, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »
that's a good story cartier

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 12, 2014, 07:53:42 AM »
I also read CF3's story and immediately thought of Mark Mangino.   I guess I just don't get it, why act that way in a place where your family name is revered and you are a part of a family dynasty worth millions.    But hey, they make TV shows about that kind of stuff.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 12, 2014, 08:12:18 AM »
Well, Urban Meyer almost worked himself into the grave. Snyder, we know his eccentricities. The list could go on and on. Maybe a little craziness is a good thing?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 12, 2014, 08:15:03 AM »

How can you say that?  He's basically with Sean everyday, and sees Whitney on Christmas morning.

plus that game where ross got like ten carries

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 12, 2014, 08:54:02 AM »
I can't fathom turning the keys over to someone who's never coached anywhere else but KSU, regardless of the last name.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 12, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »
I've been an umpire supervisor for little league games in the past.

That happens ALL the time.

basketball is 100 x worse.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 12, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »
You guys, If Sean has been doing everything the last two years, he's 17-8 as a HC so far.  :Wha:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 12, 2014, 09:02:49 AM »
I can't fathom turning the keys over to someone who's never coached anywhere else but KSU, regardless of the last name.
Why?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 12, 2014, 09:05:04 AM »
You guys, If Sean has been doing everything the last two years, he's 17-8 as a HC so far.  :Wha:
That's great with the established coaches, but what happens if he gets the HC job?
Do most of staff run for the hills.  Who would he get to stay and who could he bring in.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 12, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
Tate Awaits

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 12, 2014, 09:14:44 AM »

Big difference between running the program, administrating, and running the schedule versus doing the actual scheming, play calling, evaluating talent, making adjustments, convincing assistants to work for a coach with no HC, OC, or DC experience, and being the closer in recruiting
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls