Author Topic: Better Late Than Never "Serial" Thread (Spoilers?)  (Read 22755 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Better Late Than Never "Serial" Thread (Spoilers?)
« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2016, 04:12:27 PM »
I don't buy his reason given for leaving camp.  He sounds like an intelligent person, but then tries to tell you that he wanted to prove to himself that he was Jason Borne. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2016, 04:14:10 PM »
I don't buy his reason given for leaving camp.  He sounds like an intelligent person, but then tries to tell you that he wanted to prove to himself that he was Jason Borne.

I didn't get that impression

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Better Late Than Never "Serial" Thread (Spoilers?)
« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2016, 04:15:00 PM »

Didn't he basically say as much when explaining in ep1?
:adios:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2016, 04:15:18 PM »

He said that, specifically. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2016, 04:16:28 PM »
yeah, but the overall context didn't seem that way

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
Koenig has returned to that a couple times now.  Restating that he was trying to cause the DUSTWUN(SP?) by being "some type of super soldier", or something to that extent.  Seems she to be trying to either reinforce it, or build us up for another twist down the road.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2016, 04:34:59 PM »
maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I thought he just wanted to run to the main base to get the DUSTWUN, not like kill a bunch of guys with his bare hands or anything. So what I'm saying, even though he said he wanted to be Jason Bourne in one of those many conversations he had with the producer guy, he really didn't seem to have any aspirations of actually doing things like Jason Bourne. I could be wrong though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »
good point. he probably should have gone with ninja, or something.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2016, 05:36:28 PM »
Totally forgot this was still going. First episode wasn't that good
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2016, 09:22:11 PM »

He said that, specifically.
I went back and relistened and it was the filmmaker that suggested he wanted to be Jason Bourne.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2016, 11:03:19 PM »
none of you were listening very well.

Bergdhal's stated reason for leaving was to trigger a DUSTWUN to get an audience with a superior to tell them how shitty the CO's were at his outpost. 

This seems like an incredibly dumb reason that lead to an even dumber plan of trying to come up with the subsequent justification once he was gone that he was going to provide some intel to mitigate the punishment.

What is interesting is that when Bergdhal attempts to explain all of this none of them seem to make a ton of sense even to him and as he's saying it, maybe it is the monotone affect (and did he have that before being captured?) you get the impression that maybe the reason was he left his post because he wanted to leave his post with no real deep reason or justification. 

He definitely does not convey any passion or deep belief in the reason for doing it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2016, 11:39:38 PM »
Yes, very boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2016, 11:57:15 PM »

Bergdhal's stated reason for leaving was to trigger a DUSTWUN to get an audience with a superior to tell them how shitty the CO's were at his outpost. 

This seems like an incredibly dumb reason that lead to an even dumber plan of trying to come up with the subsequent justification once he was gone that he was going to provide some intel to mitigate the punishment.

What is interesting is that when Bergdhal attempts to explain all of this none of them seem to make a ton of sense even to him and as he's saying it, maybe it is the monotone affect (and did he have that before being captured?) you get the impression that maybe the reason was he left his post because he wanted to leave his post with no real deep reason or justification. 

He definitely does not convey any passion or deep belief in the reason for doing it.

There was a reason he left (DUSTWUN, traitor, CIA, etc) or he lost his mind and went crazy, which it doesn't sound like his friends or anyone else thought he was in that much distress.

Like the military guys said, no one does that.  There's nowhere to go.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2016, 11:58:50 PM »

I agree with all of that except me not listening well.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2016, 11:59:31 PM »
I also think they didn't spend enough time on why he walked off. May be coming.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2016, 12:00:28 AM »
Also, I'd be monotone and unenthusiastic after being debriefed for god knows how long then having to talk with a producer/director on taped phone calls for 30+ hours or whatever it was

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 09, 2016, 12:14:59 AM »
I think his unemotional delivery makes him pretty compelling/surprising/unpredictable

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 09, 2016, 09:30:31 AM »
Maybe you are just "on the spectrum"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2016, 04:33:11 PM »
You guys been listening to the updates on Adnan's attempt to get a new trial? Kind of amazing how this thread has floundered considering all the updates recently.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2016, 04:37:45 PM »
You guys been listening to the updates on Adnan's attempt to get a new trial? Kind of amazing how this thread has floundered considering all the updates recently.

Did he get a new trial?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2016, 04:43:31 PM »
nope, it's an appeal hearing arguing that his lawyer didn't do a competent job.  Asia McClain got to testify about seeing Adnan in the library when he supposedly was killing Hae.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2016, 07:04:17 PM »

Yes, it was really good last week for those 3 short ones. Then Koening couldn't go Monday and now nothing new this week, which was disappointing.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2016, 07:07:18 PM »
Serial season 2 has been like the second season of true detective for me.  It's been disappointing but I keep listening anyway.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2016, 07:09:23 PM »
It's not as good as 1, but I still dig it.  It is no way as disappointing as true detective 2.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2016, 11:05:33 AM »

Yes, it was really good last week for those 3 short ones. Then Koening couldn't go Monday and now nothing new this week, which was disappointing.

Yeah. Was hoping she could have covered it all. I think the judhge is gonna decide over the next two weeks whether or not he gets a trial and then issue the decree in writing. How anticlimactic.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12