Author Topic: KSU cannot win must wins  (Read 8653 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: "I really want KSU to win the Title"
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 09:58:31 AM »
I have champagne that needs drinking/spraying

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 10:03:34 AM »

:frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »
You have to win a crap load of must win games to even have the type of must win games being discussed. I guess in short every college football game is must win, and it doesn't suck to win enough to have games that are important like this week's.

It's kind of like when announcers say "that was a touchdown-saving tackle". Yeah, every tackle is a touchdown saving tackle.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »
You have to win a crap load of must win games to even have the type of must win games being discussed. I guess in short every college football game is must win, and it doesn't suck to win enough to have games that are important like this week's.

It's kind of like when announcers say "that was a touchdown-saving tackle". Yeah, every tackle is a touchdown saving tackle.

Except the ones where the guy is super close to the endzone and gets tackled as he scores a touchdown, but other than that you are correct.

bears are fast...

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »

Except the ones where the guy is super close to the endzone and gets tackled as he scores a touchdown, but other than that you are correct.

Also if a PAT gets blocked and the blocking team picks it up and tries to run it back but is then tackled it's not touchdown saving because only 2 points.  :blah:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »

Lockett was our second best receiver but agree it hurt
Lefty is the guy who believes that Chris was our fourth best receiver. It's a shame that anyone takes him seriously.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »

Lefty is the guy who believes that Chris was our fourth best receiver. It's a shame that anyone takes him seriously.

For the record I wrote that before start of Harp's Senior year. I've also eaten crow sense and admitted the hilarity in that post.
elitist since 1994

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 11:59:35 AM »

Also if a PAT gets blocked and the blocking team picks it up and tries to run it back but is then tackled it's not touchdown saving because only 2 points.  :blah:
:thumbs:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 12:10:34 PM »

For the record I wrote that before start of Harp's Senior year. I've also eaten crow sense and admitted the hilarity in that post.
"hilarity" you make me sick.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »

gotta do it cuz lefty sucks
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2014, 12:20:20 PM »
Thanks for that reminder bubbles4ksu, what an idiot
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2014, 12:22:03 PM »
I personally think winning a NC would be depressing, what else would there be to root for after that? I would probably stop being an Cat fan because our bandwagon would be so big and it wouldnt be fun.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2014, 12:30:48 PM »
I personally think winning a NC would be depressing, what else would there be to root for after that? I would probably stop being an Cat fan because our bandwagon would be so big and it wouldnt be fun.

Bubbles4ksu, add this loser to your idiot dossier
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »

Well that isnt very nice. Am i not allowed to have an opinion?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2014, 02:10:47 PM »

You can have an opinion, but it may get you Judged
:adios:

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 02:18:17 PM »

Thats fair, for the record I was showing how stupid this thread was. Like we all dont want to win a Natty? That goes without saying.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 02:31:13 PM »

true, but please have a better opinion than that one

Offline 75cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »
Winning a NC would be kind of like winning an Oscar. What has Whoopi Goldberg or Cuba Gooding Jr. done since they won an Oscar but still they are listed in the promos today as "Oscar winner Whoopi Goldberg or Oscar winner Cuba Gooding, Jr." no matter what dumpster fire movie they are appearing in.  So twenty-five years from now it would be "former National Champion Kansas State University" no matter what the record has been in those 25 years

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 06:22:25 PM »
Winning a NC would be kind of like winning an Oscar. What has Whoopi Goldberg or Cuba Gooding Jr. done since they won an Oscar but still they are listed in the promos today as "Oscar winner Whoopi Goldberg or Oscar winner Cuba Gooding, Jr." no matter what dumpster fire movie they are appearing in.  So twenty-five years from now it would be "former National Champion Kansas State University" no matter what the record has been in those 25 years

This is pretty much the only benefit to winning a natty, IMO.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2014, 06:57:10 PM »
Whoopie is a goddamn national treasure, you keep her name out of your goddamn mouth. 

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KSU cannot win must wins
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 02:47:06 AM »
Elephant still just sitting over there. TCU loss was somewhat similar to other big games we've pissed down our legs before. Perhaps it's the fact Waters' shoulder is ruined. Perhaps it's that we have too many 5 hearts. Perhaps it's that Snyder demands and expects too much out of our players.

An overly complicated system is sometimes overly complicated.
elitist since 1994

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2014, 07:09:57 AM »
i don't understand why we can't win every game like everyone else does, it's infuriating

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »
if you want to get to the CFP, every game is a must win, so pretty much we're 7-2 in must win games this year, not bad.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »

Have you drank your champagne yet? 

It might go bad if you're waiting for a natty.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2014, 02:27:33 PM »
Elephant still just sitting over there. TCU loss was somewhat similar to other big games we've pissed down our legs before. Perhaps it's the fact Waters' shoulder is ruined. Perhaps it's that we have too many 5 hearts. Perhaps it's that Snyder demands and expects too much out of our players.

An overly complicated system is sometimes overly complicated.

I bet you have bad breath