Author Topic: KSU cannot win must wins  (Read 8654 times)

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
KSU cannot win must wins
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:14:16 AM »
Narrative is mostly true. I really want to change this rather large Elephant sitting over there in the corner.

:popcorn:

edited to change title back

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:41:47 AM by Lefty »
elitist since 1994

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KSU cannot win the must wins
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »
I am inKleined to believe you.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 08:16:33 AM »
outside of maybe Alabama sometimes which team consistently wins their must wins? that elephant you're looking at is just college football.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »
 :buh-bye:

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:22:19 AM »
outside of maybe Alabama sometimes which team consistently wins their must wins? that elephant you're looking at is just college football.

True too. In this case though, I can't remember KSU winning any of them though. There's been smaller 'must wins' , but these next few games are the epitome of must win games. So rough ridin' tired of MY teams getting close. I need a championship for one of MY teams. I deserve this.
elitist since 1994

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 08:33:55 AM »

True too. In this case though, I can't remember KSU winning any of them though. There's been smaller 'must wins' , but these next few games are the epitome of must win games. So rough ridin' tired of MY teams getting close. I need a championship for one of MY teams. I deserve this.
Deserve has nothing to do with it, simpleton.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »
Imho, it's too early to be talking about the Baylor game.

Let's not overlook TCU.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 08:37:59 AM »
You guys remember that must win against Texas to clinch the big 12 title? That was awesome
:adios:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 08:46:40 AM »
Imho, it's too early to be talking about the Baylor game.

Let's not overlook TCU.

This guy really gets it imho, fwiw

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 08:48:27 AM »

Too much pantera has you blinded. Wade through my words and get to the point. The Elephant.
elitist since 1994

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 08:50:05 AM »
You guys remember that must win against Texas to clinch the big 12 title? That was awesome

11-0 Klein @ Baylor is conveniently forgotten here. Phil Bennet junk defense schooled us.
elitist since 1994

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 08:51:40 AM »

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 08:54:39 AM »

11-0 Klein @ Baylor is conveniently forgotten here. Phil Bennet junk defense schooled us.

False.  A freak injury to Zimmerman the week prior, coupled with TLBL spraining an ankle in the same prior game, was our downfall.  Missing the "defensive QB" who happened to be an All-Big12 safety and your best receiver had FAR more to do with the outcome of that game than Phil Bennett's defense did.

bears are fast...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 08:55:48 AM »
Lockett was our second best receiver but agree it hurt

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »
Lockett was our second best receiver but agree it hurt

Fair point.  I always saw TLBL and Harper as sort of a 1a/1b situation, but you'll get no argument here if you saw Harp as clear cut #1.
bears are fast...

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 09:03:42 AM »
Ugh, hate these threads. Look, we choked plain and simple in 98. crap happens. We got bit by the injury bug in 2012 and lost a game to a good team on the road. That wasn't a choke.

All told, the Cats have significantly overperformed under Snyder's tenure. If you're whining that we don't consistently pull upsets in important games - nobody does. We have a very good, not great, team this year. For this team to run the table in the B12 with 5 road games, 4 of them ranked, 3 of them highly ranked, would be improbable to say the least. This is not the year to whine about "deserving" a championship. Enjoy the ride.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »

That Baylor game wasn't viewed as a big game, they had a crap season and no one though they would beat us. We played 5 games that year that we're viewed as "big games" before they were played and the only loss was Oregon.

Offline 75cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
Whenever I think about that elephant in the corner I think of a score of 35-7 against the greatest college football team ever assembled!  Since we know KSU can win a football game when they are the overwhelming Underdog, this weeks +5 line does not seem so over whelming.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 09:27:20 AM »

Too much pantera has you blinded. Wade through my words and get to the point. The Elephant.
Steve Dave already addressed it. I want to address the fact that you think you deserve something.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »
Whenever I think about that elephant in the corner I think of a score of 35-7 against the greatest college football team ever assembled!  Since we know KSU can win a football game when they are the overwhelming Underdog, this weeks +5 line does not seem so over whelming.

Or at Nebraska two weeks prior to that, or against MU to put us in the BigXII title game.

We've won our fair share of must win games. 
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 09:34:26 AM »
You have to win a crap load of must win games to even have the type of must win games being discussed. I guess in short every college football game is must win, and it doesn't suck to win enough to have games that are important like this week's.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 09:39:27 AM »
You have to win a crap load of must win games to even have the type of must win games being discussed. I guess in short every college football game is must win, and it doesn't suck to win enough to have games that are important like this week's.

very true. I want this for Snyder. We've been here so many times before. It's been well documented
-Nebraska '97, '99
-OU 2000 twice
-A&M '98
-Baylor '12

elitist since 1994

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 09:45:47 AM »
This thread should just be "I really want K-State to win a national title", because that's what you mean. Snyder has won a ton (A TON) of big games for the KSU Cats over his career. He just hasn't ever won enough in one season to get to the NC game. Now we'll see if we can win enough this year to get into the 4 team Tornament.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »
We're probably the only team in America to have lost to good teams in big games.

catzacker

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 09:49:55 AM »
This thread should just be "I really want K-State to win a national title", because that's what you mean. Snyder has won a ton (A TON) of big games for the KSU Cats over his career. He just hasn't ever won enough in one season to get to the NC game. Now we'll see if we can win enough this year to get into the 4 team Tornament.

This.  It's like saying Bob Stoops has only won one "must" win.