Author Topic: Washing Your Hands After You Use The Can  (Read 12284 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Washing Your Hands After You Use The Can
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »
I use a paper towel if I have to grab the door handle, otherwise I just push it open with a non-food touching part of my body like my foot.

Exact same here.  Sometimes I can find an edge towards the top of the door if it doesn't shut all the way.  Also I count to 20 before washing the soap off of my hands.  

This got me to thinking.

When you decide to #1 at a #2 station -  or are using a toilet at a friends house or something - and see that the toilet seat has been left in the down position, what do you do or what do you use in order to get it back up?

I, Paul, lift the toilet seat with my foot. I will even flush with my foot if the flusher is long enough to take a reverse leg drop.

Do any of you ninnies lift the underneath part of the lid with your hands? That's so freaking nasty if you do.
i generally will attempt to lift with foot, if possible.  if i can't lift with foot then i'll go ahead and lift with hand, having complete confidence in my ability to wash my hands and have them cleaner than a brain surgeon when i'm done.

sidenote:  during a recent trip to mexico i discovered that they all use flushers that you flush with your foot.  incredible. made me feel incredibly devolved.

If you can't lift with foot, F it.  Don't ever touch it, just try not to piss on it.  The only reason to lift the seat is so you don't hit it and that trade off is not worth touching someone's under rim dung.

as far as washing after #1, depends on the bathroom and depends on my current hand situ.  If they needs a washing anyway, sure.  If they are in good shape, touching my dong won't mess them up.  

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »
Ew gross. Always wash my hands, prefer the foaming hand soap from B&B easier and smells great. (japanese cherry blossom FTW)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 10:41:54 AM »
Did you David Puddy germophobe frackers ever stop to think that part of the reason door handles are so disgusting is because you put the soles of your shoes on them?

It's interesting how David Puddy is the Danny Tanner of our generation.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2010, 10:47:30 AM »
Oh I still drop Danny Tanner as well, but in a different context.  Like if I'm about to have a very serious talk with someone (rarely happens btw because serious talks are for gay people), I'll say, "I don't mean to get all Danny Tanner on you, but . . . "   *commence serious heart-to-heart*
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 10:51:01 AM »
The Danny Tanner talks didn't work for daughter Stephanie  :cry:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:34 AM »
I am no where near a germaphobe, but I follow all the bathroom etiquette because some of you nut jobs will go bonkers if I don't.  It's just good work place diplomacy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 10:59:16 AM »
I do what is neccessary.  I wash afterwords no matter what.  However I am not one of those, wash, go back to office, get out germophobe hand gel, bathe in that and freak out entirely about it. 

That's part of the problem we've got so many germophobe freaks running around, they're only making the actual germs that much more powerful and resistant.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
I do what is neccessary.  I wash afterwords no matter what.  However I am not one of those, wash, go back to office, get out germophobe hand gel, bathe in that and freak out entirely about it. 

That's part of the problem we've got so many germophobe freaks running around, they're only making the actual germs that much more powerful and resistant.

What's your policy on toilet seat lifts?

So far we've got foot, hand, and 'just pee still' as possible solutions.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »

I srsly worry almost more about this than the actual feces germs that may be on my hands/southeast Asian sandals.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »
 As others have stated the toilet seat scenerio when faced with it does produce a quandry.

I have a Size 15 foot, so the foot lift can be cumbersome, but effective depending on design.   I usually survey the scene and then act accordingly.   If it's totally gross what does it matter at that juncture?? 

Rex agreed . . . again, do what is necessary and not more.   A shot of soap, a quick, but complete scrub using warm water, towel dry . . . done.   Unless the door handle appears to be a long lost science experiment what does it matter if you touch it??  Particularly in a public place??   Someone I am familiar with spends their entire life on the road shuttling cars about the country for rich people, he is also a furloughed airline employee who can fly stand by for free anywhere in the world . . . he lives in public places, literally.   He follows simple, standard cleanliness procedures, nothing more, and is rarely if ever sick.   

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 11:19:15 AM »
So far we've got foot, hand, and 'just pee still' as possible solutions.

foot when possible.  hand protected with paper towel or 4 or more folds of toilet paper if not.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »
Mythbusters proved that the toilet seat is one of the cleanest objects in the house.  Much cleaner than the telephone.  So if you've ever talked on the phone, you might as well lift the toilet seat with your mouth.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2010, 11:24:17 AM »
Mythbusters proved that the toilet seat is one of the cleanest objects in the house.  Much cleaner than the telephone.  So if you've ever talked on the phone, you might as well lift the toilet seat with your mouth.

or fart into the phone  :dunno:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »

I have a Size 15 foot

:surprised:

Mine's 14

and you know what they say about large feet and schlong size :fatty:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 11:28:03 AM »

or fart into the phone  :dunno:

that is essentially what I do for a living....

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 11:35:58 AM »
I hate it when someone pisses on the toilet seat before me and I know people that will be using it after me.  Don't want them to think I pissed all over the seat, which is a natural assumption.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »
I hate it when someone pisses on the toilet seat before me and I know people that will be using it after me.  Don't want them to think I pissed all over the seat, which is a natural assumption.

I was effectively forced to clean a microwave at work for this exact reason. Really pisses me off, too.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2010, 11:51:48 AM »

I was effectively forced to clean a microwave at work for this exact reason. Really pisses me off, too.

Someone pissed in the microwave?  :surprised:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »

Someone pissed in the microwave?  :surprised:

If they did, I swear it would be more sanitary than the usual conditions for the office kitchen. There's an Asian guy preserving what appears to be a stool sample in our crisper.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 12:11:44 PM »

If they did, I swear it would be more sanitary than the usual conditions for the office kitchen. There's an Asian guy preserving what appears to be a stool sample in our crisper.

You have a crisper?!?   :runaway:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »

You have a crisper?!?   :runaway:

See? You never appreciate what you actually have.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120921191

Someday that will happen to people afraid of public restrooms

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2010, 03:18:44 PM »
Anyone ever just taken a shovel outside and done their business into a hole and buried it?  Such as when the toilet is on the fritz or something?  Not saying I've done it before.  Just curious what the reactions around here would be.  I have used one of those old time outhouses before with a pit in the ground, though.  Pretty cool really.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
Anyone ever just taken a shovel outside and done their business into a hole and buried it?  Such as when the toilet is on the fritz or something?  Not saying I've done it before.  Just curious what the reactions around here would be.  I have used one of those old time outhouses before with a pit in the ground, though.  Pretty cool really.

I saw a cat do that without a shovel once