Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 299577 times)

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #1625 on: August 30, 2021, 10:02:21 AM »
Will they fire him immediately after OU puts 70 on them or wait until they lose to Buffalo?

I think Scott might find a closet to hide in during that game.

My money is on "COVID protocols" will keep him off the sideline that game. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 30, 2021, 10:57:18 AM »
Will they fire him immediately after OU puts 70 on them or wait until they lose to Buffalo?

I think Scott might find a closet to hide in during that game.

I think they were looking ahead to the OU game vs Illinois, that was an upset and Illini got lucky  :peek:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1627 on: August 31, 2021, 02:45:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/mycoskie/status/1432790946840817668?s=19

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 31, 2021, 02:49:04 PM »

lol, how small dicked is that? I'm certain that money could have been better spent on those "disadvantaged youth."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 31, 2021, 02:50:26 PM »
The streak for punishing disadvantaged youth is way longer than since 1962
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: September 04, 2021, 10:17:03 PM »

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: September 04, 2021, 10:48:35 PM »

lol, how small dicked is that? I'm certain that money could have been better spent on those "disadvantaged youth."
I really don't know, but feel like I've seen this several times before where all empties get bought up to keep the steak alive....that right?

Also, yes. They could have helped kids much more with the same cash, but you know, the streak
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 04, 2021, 10:55:51 PM »
You have to wonder if they actually paid face value for those tickets, or were they sold at a "volume discount", like a buck a ticket.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 04, 2021, 11:25:23 PM »
You have to wonder if they actually paid face value for those tickets, or were they sold at a "volume discount", like a buck a ticket.
I always wondered if some of that was card game and the donor got hella whatever their version of Ahearn points or if they have business sponsorship that those ticket buys level out with other financial deals on the sponsorship end. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: September 05, 2021, 11:08:24 AM »
If they had any foresight, the Corn woulda joined the PAC. Women's volleyball, baseball and crappy football.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 14, 2021, 10:01:12 AM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 14, 2021, 10:27:13 AM »
That screams "obvious troll" and I like it
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 14, 2021, 08:19:05 PM »
That screams "obvious troll" and I like it

What's the troll here?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 14, 2021, 08:23:14 PM »
yeah you could probably put 5 more schools on that list and not many folks would think you're crazy. Tennessee, Michigan, Penn State, aTm, LSU off the top of my head.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 14, 2021, 08:32:04 PM »
Lol at that list.

I’d have Oregon, Wiscy, Iowa, Minnesota, basically any Big Ten west team outside nubb. Those schools will love you forever and pay you piles of money for a modicum of success, and they have the resources to do it. Oregon isn’t the same, but it’s Oregon.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 14, 2021, 08:34:17 PM »
Lol at that list.

I’d have Oregon, Wiscy, Iowa, Minnesota, basically any Big Ten west team outside nubb.

WTF? lol

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 14, 2021, 09:00:06 PM »
Lol at that list.

I’d have Oregon, Wiscy, Iowa, Minnesota, basically any Big Ten west team outside nubb.

WTF? lol

Prob shows my work ethic (or lack of it), that I always think the best jobs are ones where it is easy to do pretty good and people love you for it.

Best Bball jobs is easier. It’s like any big time football school: Florida, Texas, types.  Easy to win. No pressure.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 14, 2021, 09:11:12 PM »
Lol at that list.

WTF? lol

Prob shows my work ethic (or lack of it), that I always think the best jobs are ones where it is easy to do pretty good and people love you for it.

Best Bball jobs is easier. It’s like any big time football school: Florida, Texas, types.  Easy to win. No pressure.

With the exception of Northwestern and Iowa those Big 10 West schools run though coaches like crap through a tin horn, and no one is claiming Northwestern is a good job. Believe me when I tell you, whomever follows Ferentz is almost definitely getting fired and fired fairly quickly, they would have called for his ass if he lost that cyhawk game last Saturday.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 15, 2021, 12:23:25 PM »
Lol at that list.

WTF? lol

With the exception of Northwestern and Iowa those Big 10 West schools run though coaches like crap through a tin horn, and no one is claiming Northwestern is a good job. Believe me when I tell you, whomever follows Ferentz is almost definitely getting fired and fired fairly quickly, they would have called for his ass if he lost that cyhawk game last Saturday.

You think Wisconsin runs through coaches quickly?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 15, 2021, 03:12:08 PM »
Lol at that list.

WTF? lol

They're the worst offenders, they've had 4 coaches the last 9 years.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 15, 2021, 03:26:43 PM »
Lol at that list.

WTF? lol

Since 2000:

Iowa - 1 Head Coach
Northwestern - 2 Head Coaches
Purdue - 4 Head Coaches
Wisconsin - 4 Head Coaches
Nebraska - 5 Head Coaches
Illinois - 6 Head Coaches
Minnesota - 6 Head Coaches

Penn State - 3 Head Coaches
Maryland - 4 Head Coaches
Michigan - 4 Head Coaches
Michigan State - 4 Head Coaches
Ohio State - 4 Head Coaches
Rutgers - 4 Head Coaches*
Indiana - 6 Head Coaches

*Rutgers had Greg Schiano from 2001-11 and hired him again last year.  So it's 3 different coaches but 4 tenures

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 15, 2021, 10:09:58 PM »
Lol at that list.

WTF? lol

You're being extremely disingenuous and misleading.  Since 1990, Wisconsin has had four different people  coach their program.  Barry Alvarez coached from 1990-2005.  Bret Bielema coached from 2006-2012 when he left to go to Arkansas.  Barry Alvarez coached one game for the 2012 season (bowl game) after Bielema left.  Gary Andersen coached from 2013-2014 when he left because he didn't like the admission standards at Wisconsin.  This was after a season in which they made the Big 10 championship game.  Alvarez then coached the bowl game for the 2014 season.  Paul Chryst has been there since 2015.

Since 1990 their coaches have had success and then either retired or left of their own accord (not fired).  The current coach is in his seventh season.  That's not a school that goes through coaches.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 15, 2021, 10:16:51 PM »
Lol at that list.

WTF? lol

You're being extremely disingenuous and misleading.  Since 1990, Wisconsin has had four different people  coach their program.  Barry Alvarez coached from 1990-2005.  Bret Bielema coached from 2006-2012 when he left to go to Arkansas.  Barry Alvarez coached one game for the 2012 season (bowl game) after Bielema left.  Gary Andersen coached from 2013-2014 when he left because he didn't like the admission standards at Wisconsin.  This was after a season in which they made the Big 10 championship game.  Alvarez then coached the bowl game for the 2014 season.  Paul Chryst has been there since 2015.

Since 1990 their coaches have had success and then either retired or left of their own accord (not fired).  The current coach is in his seventh season.  That's not a school that goes through coaches.

I had that same thought when MIR tried to make that ridiculous claim, but I’m glad someone actually did the research for me. Question is, will he take the L on this one or will he try to know-it-all blowhard his way through it?  :bwpopcorn:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12