Author Topic: Do we have a "best person in the world" thread? (aka name a con a day)  (Read 4012 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Kris kobach, great guy

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a "best person in the world" thread? (aka name a con a day)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:42:37 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »
Just following the law. What a guy!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 05:47:18 PM »
Barack Obama:  38% approval rating (Gallup) and all.

Barack Obama:  Solid, decisive leadership on the world stage.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »
This one's easy, Bob McDonnell. Stud.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
KOBACH DAY!!!!!!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
What did this stud do?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
What did this stud do?

Gonna win 'em all!
Fixed the Kansas senatorial election (not repaired)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Yep, decided the race before lunch then prob hit a super long cocktail lunch and some laser tag and pretended to shoot a bunch of brown ppl or something.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 09:47:30 PM »
This is actually pretty hilarious. Taylor's such a dumbass that he couldn't even correctly follow the law. Now he's going to have a file a lawsuit to prove that he'd be incapable of serving if he was elected. :lol:

"You're honor, let's face it - I'm a rough ridin' idiot. You'd be better off electing that potted plant over there. Seriously - I am so incompetent that I would simply be incapable of serving if elected."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »
Oh my lord, it just keeps getting better and better.

Early Thursday, Kansas Democratic Party chairwoman Joan Wagnon said her party's legal plans were still under review. But she asid Kobach has injected himself into the ballot dispute.

"He is partisan, and mean, and he has made an unmitigated mess of our electoral system," she said.

:roflol:

HE'S A MEANY!!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
OH MY LORD

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »
Liberals are afraid too many dumb asses will vote for the democrat.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 11:11:52 PM »
Oh my lord, it just keeps getting better and better.

Early Thursday, Kansas Democratic Party chairwoman Joan Wagnon said her party's legal plans were still under review. But she asid Kobach has injected himself into the ballot dispute.

"He is partisan, and mean, and he has made an unmitigated mess of our electoral system," she said.

:roflol:

HE'S A MEANY!!!

What does asid mean?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
only way you leave the primary election ballot is in a box

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 11:09:41 AM »
Just read a few articles on the Kansas issue, doesn't sound like Rocket Surgery, why don't some people seem to understand that you can't just up and decide you don't want to run anymore once you reach a certain point?   Why can't some people understand that all kinds of shenanigans can go down (for either side) if you just let candidates withdraw any old way they want for any reason they want . . . once you reach a certain point in the process?

Oh wait, the outrage is because Kobach (not a fan) is a Republican and the candidate in question is a Democrat.   Political paradigm much?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 11:32:01 AM »
Just read a few articles on the Kansas issue, doesn't sound like Rocket Surgery, why don't some people seem to understand that you can't just up and decide you don't want to run anymore once you reach a certain point?   Why can't some people understand that all kinds of shenanigans can go down (for either side) if you just let candidates withdraw any old way they want for any reason they want . . . once you reach a certain point in the process?

Oh wait, the outrage is because Kobach (not a fan) is a Republican and the candidate in question is a Democrat.   Political paradigm much?

The outrage is because Taylor withdrew before the deadline and Kobach decided not to let him.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 11:51:36 AM »

The outrage is because Taylor withdrew before the deadline and Kobach decided not to let him.

According to the articles I read in Kansas newspapers, you can't just withdraw at this point.  A candidate must state that they are incapable of carrying through with the duties of the office if elected.   

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Not gE'ing.....why would someone be stopped from withdrawing? Seems dumb. If he doesn't want to run, then let him quit.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »

According to the articles I read in Kansas newspapers, you can't just withdraw at this point.  A candidate must state that they are incapable of carrying through with the duties of the office if elected.   

If you don't want to be on the ballot, I would say that makes you incapable. Pretty hard to perform a job you refuse to do.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 12:10:47 PM »
It makes perfect sense that you can't withdraw after the primary.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
The article I read this morning said Taylor called the elections office and asked specifically what his letter had to say to withdraw, drafted his letter, called the office back, went over the wording and specifically asked if that covered all it needed to, was told it did, submitted the letter on the last day to withdraw from the election, then Kobach reviewed the letter the next day and said it technically didn't cover everything.  Kobach's office either misled taylor, is playing some semantics games, or something of the like. 

"Yesterday afternoon, I contacted Brad Bryant, Director of Elections and Legislative Matters for the Kansas Secretary of State’s Office, to inquire about the requisite steps needed to terminate my candidacy for United State Senate and to withdraw my name from the ballot," explained Taylor. "Mr. Bryant provided explicit instructions as to the information required in the letter to remove my name. I proceeded to draft and deliver a letter to the Kansas Secretary of State’s Office of Elections, giving notice of my withdrawal from the United States Senate race. I specifically asked Mr. Bryant if the letter contained all the information necessary to remove my name from the ballot. Mr. Bryant said, 'Yes.'"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/09/04/kansas-secretary-of-state-says-taylor-cannot-be-removed-from-ballot/

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 12:22:41 PM »
Just because the person that answered the phone didn't know the specific statute doesn't excuse him from following the law.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »
Just because the person that answered the phone didn't know the specific statute doesn't excuse him from following the law.

I agree, Mr. Kobach, but there is something to be said for "the person" being the Director of Elections and Legislative Matters.  If there is one guy in the state that should know the process, protocols, and laws regarding elections, it should be this specific person who answered the phone.  So, either the director of the process is completely incompetent, or the statement that there is no political agenda is pretty stupid.