Author Topic: Hacked accounts  (Read 20973 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hacked accounts
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »
it's pretty crummy and whoever hacked the stuff should get in big time troubs. but there's a small part of me that thinks this is similar to markering the face of some passed out person. crappy and i wouldn't ever do it or want it done to me but eff, you know?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:18 PM »

it's pretty crummy and whoever hacked the stuff should get in big time troubs. but there's a small part of me that thinks this is similar to markering the face of some passed out person. crappy and i wouldn't ever do it or want it done to me but eff, you know?

I guess that's the difference between you and a worthwhile individual.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2014, 10:28:41 PM »

Not that I've ever markered the face of a drunk person but it seems like that hardly raises to the level of any type of privacy invasion. I mean one of the victims said she took her picture three years ago for her husband and it was long deleted from her device when the leak happened.

What people keep forgetting in all of their silly analogies is that this hack isn't limited to celebrity nudes. It's not like they saw a file titled "Kate Upton tits" and left it at that. You know what's more common than people taking naked pictures, people taking pictures of their kids. Not that I'm stupid enough to use an iPhone, my wife is, but two years ago when my daughters took their first bubble bath we took a picture, it was cute. Do you trust that whomever hacked into icloud isn't a sick kiddie pervert or is above selling pictures to sick kiddie perverts? Is that analogous to marking on someone's face?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2014, 10:47:06 PM »

Not that I've ever markered the face of a drunk person but it seems like that hardly raises to the level of any type of privacy invasion. I mean one of the victims said she took her picture three years ago for her husband and it was long deleted from her device when the leak happened.

What people keep forgetting in all of their silly analogies is that this hack isn't limited to celebrity nudes. It's not like they saw a file titled "Kate Upton tits" and left it at that. You know what's more common than people taking naked pictures, people taking pictures of their kids. Not that I'm stupid enough to use an iPhone, my wife is, but two years ago when my daughters took their first bubble bath we took a picture, it was cute. Do you trust that whomever hacked into icloud isn't a sick kiddie pervert or is above selling pictures to sick kiddie perverts? Is that analogous to marking on someone's face?

so you agree that the people that hacked it should get into trouble and that it shares some small similarities will permanent markering on the face of a passed out person? good. glad we agree.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
i would like to see what really gets ricky d's blood boiling (besides punk kids speeding)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2014, 10:55:07 PM »

i lol'd for a good 2 min after i saw this, applies to a lot of people

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2014, 11:00:34 PM »

so you agree that the people that hacked it should get into trouble and that it shares some small similarities will permanent markering on the face of a passed out person? good. glad we agree.

Is the "get in trouble" with regard to writing on someone's face is the person waking up and mustering up 10 seconds of faux outrage? Cause again, not that I know but it seems like that's the cap on someone getting in trouble for writing on someone's face. @trim & @fily, am I on the right track here?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2014, 11:06:59 PM »
 :curse: At least I played along. Somehow Trim still hates me afterwards. :curse:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2014, 11:30:08 PM »

Is the "get in trouble" with regard to writing on someone's face is the person waking up and mustering up 10 seconds of faux outrage? Cause again, not that I know but it seems like that's the cap on someone getting in trouble for writing on someone's face. @trim & @fily, am I on the right track here?

i don't understand your post. here is my opinion...

1)someone taking nude pictures of themselves on something that is internet accessible= leaving themselves vulnerable to people looking to cause problems.

2)someone getting so drunk that they pass out and can't defend themselves=leaving themselves vulnerable to people looking to cause problems.

what is similar from there, i don't know...

marking on their face vs hacking nude photos? probably not. hacking nude photos is worse in my opinion.

putting your balls on their face vs hacking nude photos? idk. maybe. sexual assault?

putting your penis in their mouth vs. hacking nude photos? penis seems worse.

stealing their wallet if you are at a house party at their house and they pass out vs hacking nude photos? tie? seems like it.

stealing two beers from their fridge if you are at a house party at their house and they pass out vs hacking nude photos? hacking nude photos worse in my opinion.

so in my opinion, hacking these photos is basically like stealing the wallet from the passed out homeowner of a house party but not as bad as just taking two beers from him/her.

some personal responsibility for the fact that he shouldn't have passed out and the people that stole the wallet should go to jail or whatever. the people that were just drunk around 2am and drank two beers? let them go.

where people get weird and wrong in my opinion is differentiating nude photos from money or a computer or beers and a wallet at 2am and wanting these people to have some kind of death sentence or something. just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:35:04 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2014, 12:00:41 AM »
1)someone taking nude pictures of themselves on something that is internet accessible= leaving themselves vulnerable to people looking to cause problems.

2)someone getting so drunk that they pass out and can't defend themselves=leaving themselves vulnerable to people looking to cause problems.

Well here is the first problem right here. Those people had no intent of anything being on the internet, they didn't put it there, they took pictures with their phone. I'm not into victim blaming in any circumstance but in your second example the victim did something reckless before they were victimized. In 2014 your entire life in accessible on the internet, is opening a bank account to pay your bills akin to getting blacked out drunk?

The Big Train

« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2014, 12:10:31 AM »

Well here is the first problem right here. Those people had no intent of anything being on the internet, they didn't put it there, they took pictures with their phone. I'm not into victim blaming in any circumstance but in your second example the victim did something reckless before they were victimized. In 2014 your entire life in accessible on the internet, is opening a bank account to pay your bills akin to getting blacked out drunk?

so, having an iPhone, they had no idea this would be uploaded to the cloud?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2014, 12:11:10 AM »
LOL TIGERS

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2014, 12:16:11 AM »

you rarely make no sense. what's up?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2014, 12:50:11 AM »
I think it made sense.

Everybody's talking about how reckless it is to take pictures with something connected to the internet, but 99% of the world's cameras are phones that are connected to the internet by default.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2014, 12:53:33 AM »
I think it made sense.

Everybody's talking about how reckless it is to take pictures with something connected to the internet, but 99% of the world's cameras are phones that are connected to the internet by default.

have you ever taken a nude picture of yourself with your cellphone? if yes, are you a celebrity that people would go out of their way to get that picture? also, i'm not even saying it's THAT reckless but it kind of is and i won't accept an argument saying it isn't. it's a rough ridin' naked photo that you took of yourself! guess what? somewhat might see it and guess what? if you are known throughout the world then people might try really hard to see it.

in general, people are getting worked up because they feel these people stole something personal. a first kiss. their virginity. whatever. i get that. it sucks big time and i feel for them. the problem is, they didn't. they had a wallet or a computer or a microwave stolen.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:03:10 AM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »

so, having an iPhone, they had no idea this would be uploaded to the cloud?

Most people don't, no, same with androids. I'm tech savvy and I got suckered with the permissions from the new facebook messenger app.

in general, people are getting worked up because they feel these people stole something personal. a first kiss. their virginity. whatever. i get that. it sucks big time and i feel for them. the problem is, they didn't. they had a wallet or a computer or a microwave stolen.

I don't think that's up for anyone, other than the person affected, to determine. I certainly hope that no one that I care for is placed in this position and their feelings fall somewhere in the spectrum between getting their wallet stolen and feeling like they were raped. These people being in the public eye helps them deal with this in ways others can't. There are stories of regular people having compromising photos of them posted online and that coupled with increased scrutiny caused suicide.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2014, 01:33:02 AM »
You guys have heard about the celeb nudes trading ring, right? What got leaked from that 4chan spin off last weekend only begins to scratch the surface. That's why that lady's picture from several years ago showed up. This has been going on for sometime.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2014, 01:45:13 AM »
http://archive.cincinnati.com/article/20090322/NEWS01/903220312/Nude-photo-led-suicide
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/sexting-related-bullying-cited-in-hillsborough-teens-suicide/1054895
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/bulle/features/2010/what_really_happened_to_phoebe_prince/the_untold_story_of_her_suicide_and_the_role_of_the_kids_who_have_been_criminally_charged_for_it.html

I don't think these parents would agree with the stolen wallet analogy, in the Phoebe Prince case and previously unmentioned Erin Andrews case the law certainly didn't.

i'm baffled. were phoebe prince and erin adrews both adults who took nude pictures of themselves on an internet accessible device and then had them hacked and stolen? if not, then relavence? also, keep in mind that i want the people who hacked and stole and who are relevant to this thread to be punished.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2014, 01:46:53 AM »
You guys have heard about the celeb nudes trading ring, right? What got leaked from that 4chan spin off last weekend only begins to scratch the surface. That's why that lady's picture from several years ago showed up. This has been going on for sometime.

yeah. i do. not sure mir does.  :dunno:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2014, 01:57:16 AM »
Daris,  why are you up so late?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2014, 02:11:39 AM »

yeah. i do. not sure mir does.  :dunno:

We were talking about how you think these women, should view this as if their wallets were stolen. I am legitimately confused as to what Metalhead's post has to do with anything I've said. I don't think he was interjecting this into what we were discussing. Did I say anything about prevalence and frequency?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2014, 02:40:22 AM »
I didn't read the whole Daris and MiR discussion before posting my earlier comment.

These hackers didn't bumble around on the internet testing iCloud accounts until they stumbled across Verlander's. You make it sound like some smash and grab job. They were targeted specifically for their celebrity.

I agree with Daris. What was stolen is simply an object. Some objects have deeper personal value to their owners than others. Theft is wrong. Slut shaming is another issue entirely. These pictures were stolen from these celebrities for some sort of personal gratification, not to shame the individual.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2014, 02:42:42 AM »
We were talking about how you think these women, should view this as if their wallets were stolen. I am legitimately confused as to what Metalhead's post has to do with anything I've said. I don't think he was interjecting this into what we were discussing. Did I say anything about prevalence and frequency?

This post led me to believe that you weren't quite familiar with what was going on.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2014, 02:50:44 AM »
I mean, the internet is still real life. It seems pretty silly to me that people who take all of these precautions to keep themselves shielded from the public in other facets of their life, wouldn't take the same measures for digital content they put on the internet. I'm sorry. What happened to them sucks, but c'mon. They know that people are constantly trying to pry into their lives, because our society eats that crap up. I don't really understand how anyone is surprised here.