Author Topic: Hacked accounts  (Read 20966 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Hacked accounts
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2014, 04:03:33 PM »
Titillation overrides morality for lots of people lots of the time, so I don't see this as a particularly interesting debate about the law vs. morality. 

This is much more about the likelihood of primal urges & our social norms regarding celebrity to provide strong motivation to seek flimsy moral reasoning when our actual laws and an obvious moral case for the usefulness of a categorical imperative against invasions of privacy are very obvious.

Oh you're worried about the Tigers aren't you

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2014, 04:05:55 PM »
Reddit is calling it "The Fappening"

Pretty great turn of phrase, if you ask me.

I knew you'd appreciate it

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »
Titillation overrides morality for lots of people lots of the time, so I don't see this as a particularly interesting debate about the law vs. morality. 

This is much more about the likelihood of primal urges & our social norms regarding celebrity to provide strong motivation to seek flimsy moral reasoning when our actual laws and an obvious moral case for the usefulness of a categorical imperative against invasions of privacy are very obvious.

Oh you're worried about the Tigers aren't you

Taking a 1 game lead last night would've been nice, but the Rangers are really, really, really bad at baseball.  What can you do?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2014, 08:16:18 PM »
It was wrong to steal them and it's wrong to look at them.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »

Why is it wrong to look at them?  Do you invoke ethics or morality? Either way, be consistent with your application.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2014, 08:20:36 PM »
Kate Upton looks heavier than I would have expected. Is Jennifer Lawrence even 18?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »

Why is it wrong to look at them?  Do you invoke ethics or morality? Either way, be consistent with your application.
On moral grounds.  I think it's wrong because they're personal photos that weren't meant to be released to the public.  If someone leaked nude photos of me I would hope people wouldn't look at them.  In short, I don't think it's any of my business.

If you want to look at naked chicks on the internet then I think you should probably stick to the chicks who choose to be seen naked on the internet.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2014, 08:32:34 PM »
I saw an article on CNN about 3 mo ago that said approx 80% of the pics of chicks on the Internet are hacked/stolen from personal accts.  If accurate, this seems like the norm rather than the exception.  Just hapoens that it is a bunch of famous ppl. 

I am not saying that I agree with this being ok.  Just saying that it got hardly any attention unt it involved celebs.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »
i love dlew. he's the conscience of the board.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »
If you have nude pictures of yourself stored in a location accessible to the internet, and are complaining about people looking at them, you are the same as a person who dresses them self in front of picture window facing a busy street. You may not want anyone looking at your naked body, but you're rough ridin' unreasonable if you think they can't help but notice.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2014, 08:54:30 PM »
If you have nude pictures of yourself stored in a location accessible to the internet, and are complaining about people looking at them, you are the same as a person who dresses them self in front of picture window facing a busy street. You may not want anyone looking at your naked body, but you're rough ridin' unreasonable if you think they can't help but notice.

what if you have a flimsy lock on a window cover and someone breaks the lock and then opens the cover.  are you still unreasonable?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2014, 08:57:22 PM »

what if you have a flimsy lock on a window cover and someone breaks the lock and then opens the cover.  are you still unreasonable?

one step further, what if you left the key to unlock the door under the doormat in front of the door?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2014, 08:57:34 PM »

Sorry, not poor. What is a window cover? Is that like shutters or something?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2014, 09:01:52 PM »

what a stupid analogy

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »

it's an item that covers a window so you can't see though it, how rough ridin' dense are you, holy crap
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2014, 09:08:51 PM »

it's an item that covers a window so you can't see though it, how rough ridin' dense are you, holy crap

Oh, okay, an item that covers a window, thanks. I'll assume this item is not transparent and is at least translucent if not opaque.

Anywho, I'll stand by the analogy.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
Fwiw, I'd be cool with rounding up the paparazzi and lining them up for execution in a manner than saves bullets

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »

On moral grounds.  I think it's wrong because they're personal photos that weren't meant to be released to the public.  If someone leaked nude photos of me I would hope people wouldn't look at them.  In short, I don't think it's any of my business.

If you want to look at naked chicks on the internet then I think you should probably stick to the chicks who choose to be seen naked on the internet.

As someone who has had nude pictures of himself distributed without his consent, I can tell you I would expect that people would look at them, and I would not begrudge them the perusal thereof.  Now, duplicating and/or distributing said images is a different story, but merely being the terminus of a chain of custody does no harm.  I'm very secure with my body, though.  I've even been thinking of going into a profession where I can capitalize on selling my image and likeness. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2014, 09:36:54 PM »

I can tell you I would expect that people would look at them, and I would not begrudge them the perusal thereof. 
OK well then I don't think there's any moral issue of looking at naked pics of Sprac.  But at least some of the people who got naked photos released aren't quite as free-wheeling as you.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »

I can tell you I would expect that people would look at them, and I would not begrudge them the perusal thereof. 
OK well then I don't think there's any moral issue of looking at naked pics of Sprac.  But at least some of the people who got naked photos released aren't quite as free-wheeling as you.

I think it is unfortunate for them, but I dare not venture into the moral grounds in their defense. Child please.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2014, 09:51:54 PM »
I think it is unfortunate for them, but I dare not venture into the moral grounds in their defense. Child please.
why not? 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »

why not?

Well then, perhaps one might proffer the view that their immoral, salacious, scandalous and indecent fornications have been laid bare for the world to witness as atonement for their sins. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »

Of course this is your take. I'm not surprised, it's consistent with your usual tone; one of an antisocial pig completely unhappy with your life so you feed on the misery of others like a tick. The difference between people like you and the Elliot Rodgers of this world it's guts and motivation.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2014, 10:02:31 PM »

why not?

Well then, perhaps one might proffer the view that their immoral, salacious, scandalous and indecent fornications have been laid bare for the world to witness as atonement for their sins. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

I'll preface this with my 99% certainty that your post wasn't serious, but in case you weren't: What about the married people who took the pictures for their husbands? It's taking naked selfies a sin in the 21st century addendum to the bible?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2014, 10:06:34 PM »

why not?

I'll preface this with my 99% certainty that your post wasn't serious, but in case you weren't: What about the married people who took the pictures for their husbands? It's taking naked selfies a sin in the 21st century addendum to the bible?

I don't know, I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books.