Author Topic: Burger King, eh?  (Read 8488 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Burger King, eh?
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2014, 10:39:28 PM »
EVENT, October 10, 1981 -- The funeral of assassinated Egyptian President Anwar Sadat.

Next time, instead of copying and pasting all that from HuffPo, you could just link to the HuffPo article, like this. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/if-youre-upset-about-obam_b_5712511.html

Also, please stop comparing Obama to Reagan. Obama couldn't carry Reagan's jock strap.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 10:41:05 PM »
some type of pun on whopper

Have it Your Eh

Nice. I wonder if BK will start putting mayo on all its burgers, and serving its soft drinks without ice?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2014, 11:57:22 PM »
A president spending lots of time at leisurely activities and he and his family racking up millions in travel expenses for personal vacations is perfectly fine:  As long as they're Democrats.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:10:59 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2014, 12:11:20 AM »
A president spending lots of time at leisurely activities and he and his family racking up millions in travel expenses for personal vacations is perfectly fine:  As long as their Democrats.

It's fine when republicans do it too

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2014, 12:23:36 AM »
I don't have a problem with presidents taking time off, but some entities via FOIA requests are uncovering that some of these mostly pleasure trips are quite expensive, and not really necessary.   I do have a problem with that.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2014, 12:31:22 AM »
EVENT, October 10, 1981 -- The funeral of assassinated Egyptian President Anwar Sadat.

Next time, instead of copying and pasting all that from HuffPo, you could just link to the HuffPo article, like this. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/if-youre-upset-about-obam_b_5712511.html

Also, please stop comparing Obama to Reagan. Obama couldn't carry Reagan's jock strap.

Especially when it comes to napping
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:45:16 AM by Paul Moscow »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2014, 12:36:50 AM »
some of these mostly pleasure trips are quite expensive,

:surprised:

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2014, 12:37:07 AM »
I don't have a problem with presidents taking time off, but some entities via FOIA requests are uncovering that some of these mostly pleasure trips are quite expensive, and not really necessary.   I do have a problem with that.

haha, ok dax. what are these pleasure trips (are they exclusive to obama?) and what cost is left to the taxpayer that wouldn't be already? we have a multi-trillion dollar deficit and you really want to discuss presidential vacations?

btw, "pleasure trips" are paid for by the president - lodging, meals and incidentals. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2014, 12:57:04 AM »
I wasn't talking about just Obama. 

But really? Michelle's trips to Europe, to China etc. etc.   That's just the latest example of unnecessary expense.   

When you talk about the entirety of our massive bureaucracy then a few million of unnecessary expenses by this unit there, by that unit over there and on and on . . . adds up to hundreds of millions every single year.   So don't give me that strawman copout about our deficit and how insignificant the unnecessary trips our executive branch takes is in the grand scheme.  It all matters.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2014, 01:04:04 AM »
What first lady hasn't taken a European trip. Good grief, it's a perk of the job.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2014, 01:27:14 AM »
But this isn't Jackie-O jetting off with a few friends and couple of secret service guys in 1962.   Even if a significant portion of these trips is paid for out of pocket (but even that's up for debate as FOIA requests are either just now being responded to, or pending), we live in a post 9-11 world and the security detail and all that goes with it is very expensive.   The Spain trip cost nearly $500K of taxpayer money for security detail, the Air Force Jet and housing the crew and the like.   In a post 9-11 world it's much harder to get that information, and suffice it to say it's 1A:  Security Concerns.  1B:  Political image concerns.   

The information on many other trips has proven very difficult to ascertain, but if estimates on the cost of pre 9-11 trips to the same places are carried forward to relative costs in 2014.    It's costing a ton.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2014, 02:21:06 AM »

That post comparing the two presidents was made less than two hours after you made this post

Seems ironic that Republicans are saying the U.S. should emulate Canada. Yes, it is ironic that Canada has better corporate tax policy than we do. Not sure what the "Republican" part is all about.

But it's also ironic that Republicans are suing Obama over implementing something they wanted to happen. It has nothing to do with the particular law. Republicans are suing Obama for changing a law in blatant violation of the Constitution he took an oath to uphold and protect. That's not ironic - it's Civics 101, and it's sad that a Court ruling is necessary to define the seperation of powers.

And I also find it ironic for Republicans to complain about golf. I think "mocking" is a more appropriate word. For example:

See? It's funny, and if you're stuck with a Dithering Weakling for another 2 years, he might as well provide some comic relief. Since we can't fix the 2012 mistake, the best thing for the country at this point would be to just continue paying Obama's salary and the Air Force One and Security tab for him to take permanent vacation until 2016.

10,000 spoons and such, I guess. I guess.

Is your memory that poor? There are doctors for that.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2014, 07:47:51 AM »
But this isn't Jackie-O jetting off with a few friends and couple of secret service guys in 1962.   Even if a significant portion of these trips is paid for out of pocket (but even that's up for debate as FOIA requests are either just now being responded to, or pending), we live in a post 9-11 world and the security detail and all that goes with it is very expensive.   The Spain trip cost nearly $500K of taxpayer money for security detail, the Air Force Jet and housing the crew and the like.   In a post 9-11 world it's much harder to get that information, and suffice it to say it's 1A:  Security Concerns.  1B:  Political image concerns.   

The information on many other trips has proven very difficult to ascertain, but if estimates on the cost of pre 9-11 trips to the same places are carried forward to relative costs in 2014.    It's costing a ton.

yeah, having a president in our current system is expensive

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »
I would golf all the time if I was president. That's one of the worst jobs ever.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2014, 04:21:30 PM »

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/many-vacation-days-u-s-presidents-take/

President Barack Obama as of Friday has spent all or part of 138 days on vacation, less time away from the White House than his predecessors. Here’s a look at how they compare. The totals exclude trips to the Camp David presidential retreat in Maryland mountains.

GEORGE W. BUSH: During eight years in the White House, spent all or part of 490 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.
BILL CLINTON: During two terms in office, used all or part of 174 days for vacation. Of those, 100 days were summers either in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, or Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
RONALD REAGAN: During two terms, spent all or part of 349 days at his ranch in Santa Barbara, California.
Traveling to home state for vacation should be pointed out. Also, if they have Camp David #'s, why not post them.
Is Obama rough ridin' golfing again today? (I hope so, it's good for business.)

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 04:23:44 PM »
I would golf all the time if I was president. That's one of the worst jobs ever.

The golfing presidents are better than me.  I would just drink a lot and watch arrested development.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2014, 04:41:40 PM »

yeah, having a president in our current system is expensive

It shouldn't cost so much - that's the problem. What really grinds my gears is when the Prez flies AF1 all over the country on the taxpayer dime to attend fundraisers, and justifies it by making a token appearance at a factory, hospital, etc.

I think we ought to limit the presidency to one term and not allow the president to attend fundraisers, period. We elect him to do a job, not spend a crap ton of taxpayer money feathering his own nest and those of his party cronies.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »
Let's not kid ourselves.  When it comes to term limits and money lost due to officials acting the fool, any one aiming at the pres before congress has an agenda.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2014, 04:56:09 PM »

The golfing presidents are better than me.  I would just drink a lot and watch arrested development.

I would go visit sick people and make their day. You know, actually use my political office to make the world a better place.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2014, 04:57:33 PM »

I would go visit sick people and make their day. You know, actually use my political office to make the world a better place.

Look at you!

Not a great way to relax, imo, but to each their own.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »

Look at you!

Not a great way to relax, imo, but to each their own.

If relaxation interests you, then you really shouldn't want to be President of the United States.

I would also get Tim Huelskamp on the phone and then promptly put him on hold as soon as he starts talking at least twice daily.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »

I'm sure your little pow wows with sick people would fix all the worlds problems

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2014, 07:45:05 PM »
Wow Regan was just out to lunch

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2014, 08:33:15 PM »
Just when exactly did his Alzheimers kick in?  I mean, he could have thought he was golfing daily for the last two yrs or something.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »
Just when exactly did his Alzheimers kick in?  I mean, he could have thought he was golfing daily for the last two yrs or something.

When world crisis are erupting and he is playing horsie that might be an indication.