Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 236941 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #2225 on: November 26, 2014, 12:07:54 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 26, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
If this is turning into a general discussion about how much death law enforcement causes, I heard a podcast about this.  In Utah, second only to intimate partners, is death by cop when it comes to quantity of firearm killings.  That is pretty mumped up.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: November 26, 2014, 12:55:22 PM »
A truly pro-life person would be about helping minorities avoid abortions, by making other options known and available, and also be against cops shooting people without necessity.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: November 26, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »
What I mean is, a truly pro-life person wouldn't argue "Its ok for cops to shoot minorities because you get so many abortions." That would be hypocritical and foolish.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 26, 2014, 01:32:12 PM »
What I mean is, a truly pro-life person wouldn't argue "Its ok for cops to shoot minorities because you get so many abortions." That would be hypocritical and foolish.

Yet here we are

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 26, 2014, 01:52:11 PM »

Yet here we are

Huh. It doesn't seem to me that anyone is arguing that it's ok for cops to kill black people because they get so many abortions. "BlackLivesMatter" seems like a perfectly appropriate twitter handle to mention the unprecedented black genocide by abortion. When talking about the value of black lives, why are we only allowed to talk about that in the context of police shootings?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 26, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »

Yet here we are

Huh. It doesn't seem to me that anyone is arguing that it's ok for cops to kill black people because they get so many abortions. "BlackLivesMatter" seems like a perfectly appropriate twitter handle to mention the unprecedented black genocide by abortion. When talking about the value of black lives, why are we only allowed to talk about that in the context of police shootings?

The basis of those tweets seem like they are saying "You say black lives matter, yet you get tons of abortions, so shame on you" instead of "Black lives matter, lets work together to prevent mistreatment by police, and provide ways to give minorities better options during unplanned pregnancies"

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 26, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »

Yet here we are

The basis of those tweets seem like they are saying "You say black lives matter, yet you get tons of abortions, so shame on you" instead of "Black lives matter, lets work together to prevent mistreatment by police, and provide ways to give minorities better options during unplanned pregnancies"

Ok, so even if their point was, as you say, that "You say black lives matter, yet you get tons of abortions, so shame on you" - that's a far cry from saying that it's ok for cops to kill black people because they get a lot of abortions.

As for the "better options" crap - poverty is not dependent on skin color, and everyone has the same options: you have the kid and take care of him/her, you have the kid and give him/her up for adoption, or you kill the kid. Two of those options results in a living baby - the other results in a dead baby. It's quite something to argue that "we'll stop killing our babies when the government gives us more money!"
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 26, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
I'm not arguing for the government to do anything. That's almost never what I'm saying.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: November 26, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »
I'm not arguing for the government to do anything. That's almost never what I'm saying.

Oh sorry - what do you mean by the better options?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: November 26, 2014, 02:30:21 PM »
Blacks deserve reparations from the government in some meaningful form.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: November 26, 2014, 02:34:07 PM »

Oh sorry - what do you mean by the better options?

Mostly I mean that those shaming with abortion stats should look introspectively and adopt some of those kids. There are hundreds of non-profit adoption agencies etc to volunteer at.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: November 26, 2014, 02:48:44 PM »
jesus

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: November 26, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
http://gawker.com/video-cops-shot-12-year-old-two-seconds-after-arriving-1663814827/+tcraggs22

:frown:

that really rough ridin' pisses me off. this goes from kid with a real looking gun tragedy to rough ridin' murder again.

their story keeps changing from "he was reaching for a gun" to "he pulled out the gun".

they pulled up and instantly blasted that kid. that was their plan as soon as they got the call.

there was no one else around to protect, why didnt they park further away and assess the situation, or maybe try to talk to him?

indefensible.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: November 26, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »
Decided I'm not going to try to interject my Sonics issue into all this, but I'm glad that K-S-U-W showed up in support of the abortion "genocide" argument!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: November 26, 2014, 03:08:12 PM »
there was no one else around to protect, why didnt they park further away and assess the situation, or maybe try to talk to him?

Yeah, I'd think that the same perceived fear that would cause a cop to shoot a kid with a perceived gun would cause the cop to not roll up on a kid w/a perceived gun w/o first assessing what they're driving into.  But kind of cooler I guess to be a brave cop and drive into the face of danger and shoot it dead.  As royalswild would say, a badass would do that.

EDIT: mumped up the quote; of course it was puni who nailed it instead of that cancer-loving sonofabitch cf3.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:15:47 PM by Trim »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: November 26, 2014, 03:18:47 PM »
that kid was probably just exercising his 2nd amendment right to open carry. he stopped in the park to eat his chipotle before finishing his shopping list at target.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: November 26, 2014, 04:04:19 PM »
I don't know all the details of this shooting, but it sure looks like we have something to legitimately protest about now.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: November 26, 2014, 04:08:49 PM »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: November 26, 2014, 04:16:06 PM »
are black people killing their own babies so the cops can't do it first?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: November 26, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/newly-released-witness-testimony-tell-us-michael-brown-shooting/

Only 1 witness agreed his hands weren't up
What a disgusting read. What's amazing is someone seems to think the this information justifies the grand jury decision.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: November 26, 2014, 05:25:15 PM »

Probable Cause means "more likely than not." It's a low standard, but not that low.

No, it doesn't.  That's a preponderance of the evidence.  The burden of proof in a civil case.  Probable cause means a reasonable belief that the defendant has committed a crime.  It has been explicitly held to be below a preponderance.  "It does not demand any showing that such a belief be correct or more likely true than false." Texas v. Brown, 460 U.S. 730, 742 (1983).

Excellent lawyering.

You're right. Danger of posting on the fly. It still doesn't mean that one shred of evidence rebutted by significantly more evidence establishes probable cause. Has to be reasonable.

Why are you guise talking about probable cause in the context of this grand jury indictment? That's search and seizure stuff.

"The institution of the grand jury is deeply rooted in Anglo-American history.  In England, the grand jury served for centuries both as a body of accusers sworn to discover and present for trial persons suspected of criminal wrongdoing and as a protector of citizens against arbitrary and oppressive governmental action.  In this country the Founders thought the grand jury so essential to basic liberties that they provided in the Fifth Amendment that federal prosecution for serious crimes can only be instituted by ‘a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury.’ Cf. Costello v. United States, 350 U.S. 359, 361—362, 76 S.Ct. 406, 408, 100 L.Ed. 397 (1956).  The grand jury's historic functions survive to this day.  Its responsibilities continue to include both the determination whether there is probable cause to believe a crime has been committed and the protection of citizens against unfounded criminal prosecutions. Branzburg v. Hayes, 408 U.S. 665, 686—687, 92 S.Ct. 2646, 2658—2659, 33 L.Ed.2d 626 (1972)." (Emphasis added.) United States v. Calandra, 414 U.S. 338, 342-43 (1974).

:dunno:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: November 26, 2014, 05:33:31 PM »

Yet here we are

Probably because abortion is legal and not murder, unlike actual murder
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite