Author Topic: The Divorce Thread  (Read 37695 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Divorce Thread
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »
I call mrs. dave hun' like a waitress at a truckstop would call everyone. it started as a joke but then it stuck. I'm sure it sounds ridiculous to everyone that hears me say it.

Yeah, gotta be careful there.  I'm friends with a couple who started calling each other "shmoopy" in a fake-lovey way as a complete joke when they started dating, and now they're married and it's actually what they call each other.

And thanks for the good feedback, SD, RD and others.  :D  Been feeling homesick for Kansas -- kind of done with NYC -- so maybe we'll all be IRL buds someday.

I can't do the sweet lovey dovey nicknames. It feels so cheesy. I would feel super weird the first time I said it. Like, how do you even get into that habit without feeling awkward the first few times you say it?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2014, 11:00:16 AM »
I call mrs. dave hun' like a waitress at a truckstop would call everyone. it started as a joke but then it stuck. I'm sure it sounds ridiculous to everyone that hears me say it.

Yeah, gotta be careful there.  I'm friends with a couple who started calling each other "shmoopy" in a fake-lovey way as a complete joke when they started dating, and now they're married and it's actually what they call each other.

And thanks for the good feedback, SD, RD and others.  :D  Been feeling homesick for Kansas -- kind of done with NYC -- so maybe we'll all be IRL buds someday.

I can't do the sweet lovey dovey nicknames. It feels so cheesy. I would feel super weird the first time I said it. Like, how do you even get into that habit without feeling awkward the first few times you say it?

Do you call Gooch Gooch IRL?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »

Do you call Gooch Gooch IRL?

I call him Gooch when I am talking about him to gE people, but not when I am talking to him usually. I just call him by his real name.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »
Wait, I assumed everyone's gE name was their real name? Mind blown.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »

What's weird is that when my wife and I had kids, we started calling each other mommy and daddy in front of them.  You get so used to it that, on occasion, I call her that when they're not around out of habit.

I don't like it one bit.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »

No, Gooch's real name is Ignacio.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:14 AM »

I thought it was Jeremy Renner.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2014, 11:37:07 AM »

I thought it was Jeremy Renner.

That's his stage name.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »
:whistle1:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »

Good ol' nacho
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2014, 12:36:20 PM »
My GF's fam (its obnoxious to say fiancee) always told her that if we don't get engaged within a year of dating it will never happen.  They average 2.3 marriages apiece and I had to convince my GF they didn't know crap.  Getting married young may be fine for some people.  Knowing people like KK and SD and how thrilled they are with their spouse definitely speaks to it.  When I was the ages that they got married at, I personally wouldn't have been ready for it.  People thinking their personal experience must be some universal truth are idiots.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2014, 01:38:32 PM »
My GF's fam (its obnoxious to say fiancee) always told her that if we don't get engaged within a year of dating it will never happen.  They average 2.3 marriages apiece and I had to convince my GF they didn't know crap.  Getting married young may be fine for some people.  Knowing people like KK and SD and how thrilled they are with their spouse definitely speaks to it.  When I was the ages that they got married at, I personally wouldn't have been ready for it.  People thinking their personal experience must be some universal truth are idiots.

:thumbs:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »
I have heard some people say that there's a switch in your brain and it's time based and when it goes off you marry the girl you're dating at the time.  I don't think that's true but some people say it. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2014, 01:56:07 PM »
Marriage can be a hot potato.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2014, 02:05:23 PM »
Marriage can be a hot potato.

Yep. Marriage, man. Sometimes it can be really rewarding. And sometimes it isn't, at all. Sometimes you're with the one you love, sometimes you just gotta love the one your with. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Amiright, guys?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »
a veritable coin toss

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2014, 10:47:13 PM »
I have a co worker who got engaged to a women who is on a "timeline", and had already been divorced so her timeline has been accelerated even more. He complains about his fiancee a lot and he just doesn't seem that happy about it, but he's moved in with her and for him that makes it a done deal. She has also pressured him into buying a boat (had to take out a loan to do that) and buy a truck to pull the boat. I feel bad for the guy cause he's a super nice guy :frown:
I'm purple down

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2014, 10:50:49 PM »
I feel bad for him in that he's a huge dumbass

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
I have a co worker who got engaged to a women who is on a "timeline", and had already been divorced so her timeline has been accelerated even more. He complains about his fiancee a lot and he just doesn't seem that happy about it, but he's moved in with her and for him that makes it a done deal. She has also pressured him into buying a boat (had to take out a loan to do that) and buy a truck to pull the boat. I feel bad for the guy cause he's a super nice

guy :frown:

Is she dragging his ass to lake perry every weekend?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2014, 11:05:47 PM »
I feel bad for him in that he's a huge dumbass

sometimes like pretty much every time, steve dave just puts it perfectly
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2014, 11:13:36 PM »
my lovely girlfriend of ten years stopped by tonight to take a twin bed up to her grandmas house

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2014, 11:18:24 PM »
I have a co worker who got engaged to a women who is on a "timeline", and had already been divorced so her timeline has been accelerated even more. He complains about his fiancee a lot and he just doesn't seem that happy about it, but he's moved in with her and for him that makes it a done deal. She has also pressured him into buying a boat (had to take out a loan to do that) and buy a truck to pull the boat. I feel bad for the guy cause he's a super nice

:sdeek: so you know this guy?
I'm purple down

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2014, 11:31:22 PM »

Nope, but I'm moving to your general hood and have come to understand that lake perry is the go to place you go to the lake and seeing as this woman made him get a boat it was just an educated guess. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2014, 11:59:53 PM »

Nope, but I'm moving to your general hood and have come to understand that lake perry is the go to place you go to the lake and seeing as this woman made him get a boat it was just an educated guess.

look man, you need to get another job.  you can't move to topeka.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2014, 02:50:08 AM »
I feel like I'm too immature to get married. When do I grow out of that?