Author Topic: Israel - Hamas peace process  (Read 59804 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2014, 10:35:43 AM »
the israeli strategy of killing them into submission should pay off long term

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2014, 10:39:25 AM »
If you sneer the wrong way at some guy, and he beats the crap out of you and puts you in the hospital, you shouldn't sneer at him again the next time you see him.

disproportionate response! K-S-U! It was said again!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »
If you guys don't think we'd roll in and completely flatten ciuidad juarez if the cartels started launching rockets into el paso or whatever then I don't even know.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »
FWIW, I don't care about disproportionate response in this situation.  I'm a supporter of it. 

Now in my example if I had sneered at some dude and he rushed me and I threw my toddler at him to protect myself and my toddler is killed and I think it's his fault then I'm an bad person. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2014, 10:54:44 AM »
If you guys don't think we'd roll in and completely flatten ciuidad juarez if the cartels started launching rockets into el paso or whatever then I don't even know.

Why would the cartels do that?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:45 AM »
I don't know.   I don't know why Hamas does it either

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
Serious Question that I don't know the answer to:

Generally, do the Palestinian people dislike Hamas and desire more moderate representation, but have no means by which to change anything...or do they support Hamas as their representation?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2014, 11:01:26 AM »

Because Americans were coming across the border and buying property and inflating values and contributing to the local economies?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2014, 11:02:43 AM »

if there's one clear cut way to determine the morality or merit of a military campaign it's "what would the americans do in this situation?". that's for rough ridin' sure.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2014, 11:19:25 AM »
I'm not making a moral judgement I'm just saying that anyone that violently attacks a 21st century military power you are going to get big bombs dropped on your face.   It's going to happen.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2014, 11:32:19 AM »

Because Americans were coming across the border and buying property and inflating values and contributing to the local economies?

I think the occupation as economic stimulus troll is by far the best troll of the entire thread.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 31, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »
Well this thread has been a real treat so far. Good job, everyone.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2014, 11:59:33 AM »

I think the occupation as economic stimulus troll is by far the best troll of the entire thread.

Jews patronize Arab businesses in Jerusalem all the time.

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »

Generally, do the Palestinian people dislike Hamas and desire more moderate representation, but have no means by which to change anything...or do they support Hamas as their representation?
couple of thoughts.  Similarly to the Muslim brotherhood in egypt, Hamas became the only body to offer services to the general population.  With Israel's seige on Gaza over the last few years they became more entrenched with more political and social authority to shift the population to a more extreme position.  Because Israel refuses to have meaningful conversations with moderates in orgs like Fatah moderates, the only option becomes more radicalized.  The population does have some ability to create moderate leadership, but they have no services to garner patronage and no one to interface with to work on solutions.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »
Don't fire rockets, don't tunnel, throw out Hamas, disavow all ties to the "Destruction of Israel" contingent.   See what happens.   

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »
Don't fire rockets, don't tunnel, throw out Hamas, disavow all ties to the "Destruction of Israel" contingent.   See what happens.   

You keep saying Palestinians should "throw out Hamas", dax. How do they do that?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »
what percentage of the Palestinian casualties are Hamas or actively helping Hamas? I have no idea. Is it more than 50%? What is an acceptable number?

catzacker

« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2014, 08:35:18 PM »
that part of the world is like the SEC, except with all the fans having rocket launchers.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2014, 09:18:21 PM »

couple of thoughts.  Similarly to the Muslim brotherhood in egypt, Hamas became the only body to offer services to the general population.  With Israel's seige on Gaza over the last few years they became more entrenched with more political and social authority to shift the population to a more extreme position.  Because Israel refuses to have meaningful conversations with moderates in orgs like Fatah moderates, the only option becomes more radicalized.  The population does have some ability to create moderate leadership, but they have no services to garner patronage and no one to interface with to work on solutions.

Much like the Carr Bros. thread, per the libtards, the real victim here is the psychopathic criminal.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:25:47 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2014, 10:27:29 PM »

Much like the Carr Bros. thread, per the libtards, the real victim here is the psychopathic criminal.

Maybe I should have tagged this [serious]?  The problem and this post isn't blaming the vic, criminal, or whoever else.  I'm merely calling the situation as I see it.  The reality is that there are groups which have complex goals, strategies, and missions in place in the Mid East.  If you don't know any better, and Hamas is the only group which will feed, employ, educate, and shelter you, who will you believe when politics come into play?  That is a known reality, one which Hamas exploits well, and Israel gives no fucks about interacting with to come to a workable peace.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »

Maybe I should have tagged this [serious]?  The problem and this post isn't blaming the vic, criminal, or whoever else.  I'm merely calling the situation as I see it.  The reality is that there are groups which have complex goals, strategies, and missions in place in the Mid East.  If you don't know any better, and Hamas is the only group which will feed, employ, educate, and shelter you, who will you believe when politics come into play?  That is a known reality, one which Hamas exploits well, and Israel gives no fucks about interacting with to come to a workable peace.

Ahhh, the old Obamacare conundrum.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2014, 09:39:08 AM »
what does Hamas want?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »
what does Hamas want?

Genocide of the Jews, Hitler style.  So reasonable, I just can't understand why the Jews aren't willing to negotiate with these people.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »
do they though? i don't think they do.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile