Author Topic: Israel - Hamas peace process  (Read 59785 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2014, 12:54:32 PM »
No it wasn't, but it's fine.  You do you

I figured righteousness would give it away.  Dense crowd.

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »

Posting what you truly believe isn't trolling

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »

can't decide if parody so am disengaging

Before disengage suggest an alternative?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »
Also, Gaza from space:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »

Emo, where should the Palestinians go?

They can stay right where they are and live in peace. 

Ha. No, silly. I mean to avoid the bombs. And isn't it weird that Gaza is able to have several minutes of warning but Israel only has 15 seconds? Also, from your description, it sounds like Israel would be better off letting Hamas import some safer, more accurate rockets.

As long as their a half-mile (conservative) from the launch site of the rockets I'd say they're safe.  Gaza is probably bigger than 100 square miles so plenty of space to move about. 

I don't care to debate specifics down to the second, but it's safe to assume the time as I detailed it earlier means that someone living in Gaza gets an order of magnitude more time than someone living in Israel.  It might be minutes compared to seconds, or many minutes compared to much fewer minutes. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »
Also, Gaza from space:

I would move to one of the areas without light.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2014, 02:01:56 PM »
Imagine the prosperity and propping up by outside entities like the U.S. (who I believe just gave the Palestinians something like $47 million bucks) the Palestinians would get if they, you know, tossed out Hamas, renounced the destruction of Israel and was, you know, cool.

But, they opt to be controlled by outside influences, many of them who work out of high rise hotels in Dubai, and fly around in private jets wearing Armani suits.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »
Israel should hit them where it hurts and bomb Armani.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »
Imagine the prosperity and propping up by outside entities like the U.S. (who I believe just gave the Palestinians something like $47 million bucks) the Palestinians would get if they, you know, tossed out Hamas, renounced the destruction of Israel and was, you know, cool.

But, they opt to be controlled by outside influences, many of them who work out of high rise hotels in Dubai, and fly around in private jets wearing Armani suits.
Interesting if this is true.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »

Can't we just have Israel use the money we give them to get rid of Hamas? We need to see a return on that crap.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2014, 02:57:41 PM »

Ha. No, silly. I mean to avoid the bombs. And isn't it weird that Gaza is able to have several minutes of warning but Israel only has 15 seconds? Also, from your description, it sounds like Israel would be better off letting Hamas import some safer, more accurate rockets.

As long as their a half-mile (conservative) from the launch site of the rockets I'd say they're safe.  Gaza is probably bigger than 100 square miles so plenty of space to move about. 

I don't care to debate specifics down to the second, but it's safe to assume the time as I detailed it earlier means that someone living in Gaza gets an order of magnitude more time than someone living in Israel.  It might be minutes compared to seconds, or many minutes compared to much fewer minutes.

They're bombing all of Gaza, Emo. And the borders are blockaded. And why does Gaza have a better early warning system than Israel?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »

They're bombing all of Gaza, Emo. And the borders are blockaded. And why does Gaza have a better early warning system than Israel?

Are they carpet bombing?  No, they are targeted. 

Gaza has a superior early warning system because they can see the rockets rolling into town.  That's when they relocate half mile down the road, when those fuckers are setting them up getting ready to launch.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2014, 03:05:29 PM »

Are they carpet bombing?  No, they are targeted. 

Gaza has a superior early warning system because they can see the rockets rolling into town.  That's when they relocate half mile down the road, when those fuckers are setting them up getting ready to launch.

And also because the IDF usually warns them ahead of time. That's really nice of them. I'm sure Hamas would do the same except for the blockade and stuff...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »
You really believe they "see the rockets rolling into town"?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »
Do you think the IDF strikes would be more effective if they simply targeted all the schools and hospitals? Those seem to be the armories of choice for Hamas.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:23:26 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2014, 03:22:06 PM »
Do you think the IDF strikes would be more effective if they simply targeted all the schools and hospitals? Those seem to be the armories or choice for Hamas.

I think that post just kind of speaks for itself.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
You know who thinks Israel's response should be "proportionate"? This guy, that's who!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »
I think it is really weird that you choose to troll after seemingly being engaged in discourse earlier (and even learning something!).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2014, 03:37:32 PM »
Not trolling, just having a little laugh at all the armchair generals who believe that Israel doesn't know the best way to go about this.

The "proportionate response" crowd (I think our venerable John Kerry has been playing that up a lot lately) is pretty absurd on its face. Does that mean Israel, instead of a targeted ground invasion, should just hurl rockets into Gaza without warning, the same as Hamas?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
Not trolling, just having a little laugh at all the armchair generals who believe that Israel doesn't know the best way to go about this.

The "proportionate response" crowd (I think our venerable John Kerry has been playing that up a lot lately) is pretty absurd on its face. Does that mean Israel, instead of a targeted ground invasion, should just hurl rockets into Gaza without warning, the same as Hamas?

no one but you has mentioned "proportionate response"

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2014, 03:51:16 PM »

I would think that if Israel knew the best way to go about this, then the conflict would be over by now.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2014, 04:18:14 PM »

I would think that if Israel knew the best way to go about this, then the conflict would be over by now.

That's assuming that the best way to go about this would 1) end the conflict, and 2) not piss off people they can't risk pissing off. 

I've mentioned before that I believe that nothing that Israel is capable of doing by itself can end the conflict.  Still waiting for someone to suggest something (going on several pages now).

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »

Two points and then I think I'm done for awhile:

1)  The "armchair generals" talking point is lobbed out there to stifle any further discussion.  To say that no one can have a valid opinion on the matter besides the Israeli government and that there is no criteria by which any decision the Israelis make can be evaluated because we have either insufficient information, insufficient moral standing to evaluate their actions or both.  If that is your position, that's fine, but then the onus is on you to stop participating and not anyone else.  I mean imagine if someone said "You can't discuss any Israeli concerns unless you have had your house bombed by the IDF because you can never understand what a Gazan is thinking."

2)  You have said almost nothing about what the long-range strategy is.  Let's assume Israel completely defeats and disarms Hamas.  Will there be peace?  If not, then what can Israel do?  What should Israel do?  I mean I assume almost everyone on here strategically wants similar things once the time horizon is moved out far enough.  If that is the case then the endless discussion of tactics is only relevant in whether it gets Israel closer or further away from that goal.  Equivocating on the moral standing of specific tactics or looking at some sort of immediate tactical victory is all you are wanting to argue about, then I guess that is all you will see. 

As was just said, if tactical victories resulted in strategic and political ones then we wouldn't be talking about this at all. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
The US could end it by cutting off the money and restricting all travel.  But they will never do that.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2014, 04:31:40 PM »

That's assuming that the best way to go about this would 1) end the conflict, and 2) not piss off people they can't risk pissing off. 

I've mentioned before that I believe that nothing that Israel is capable of doing by itself can end the conflict.  Still waiting for someone to suggest something (going on several pages now).

I asked if you thought Israel should do something about West Bank settlements. Not saying stopping and removing existing settlements would fix things, but maybe be a nice, fair step to some form of peace?