Author Topic: So it turns out we do negotiate with terrorists  (Read 36758 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: So it turns out we do negotiate with terrorists
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2014, 11:06:34 AM »
we traded 5 losers for 1 loser.  That's the only bad part.  It's a Dayton Moore-esque trade
The difference is, their losers still want to kill us and our loser has a mushy brain and will be in a psych ward the rest of his life.

We know where their losers are at all times.  they will get droned sooner or later.

Do you really think we're that competent? What makes you think we're that competent? I have zero confidence that these guys are under anything close to 24 hour surveillance by us or anyone we can trust.

If you don't think we put something in them to track these fellas in the 12 years we had them at GITMO, you are giving the gov too much credit.  they track everyone

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 13, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »

we're back to not negotiating at all felix

Frankly, I'm on board with this now.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »
President George W. Bush, for example, made his position on negotiating with terrorists crystal clear. On April 4, 2002, he said, “No nation can negotiate with terrorists. For there is no way to make peace with those whose only goal is death.” Bush said that the United States would work for the return of kidnapped American military personnel and civilians, but will not pay any ransom: “We, of course, don’t pay ransom for any hostages,” he stated firmly.

In fact, a month earlier in March 2002, the Bush White House had helped arrange a ransom payment to the radical Islamic group Abu Sayyaf. ABC News reported that the U.S. government helped pay $300,000 in cash to the group, known to be part of Osama bin Laden’s Al Qaeda network. The ransom was arranged to secure the release of two American missionaries, Martin and Gracia Burnham, taken hostage at a resort in the Philippines on May 27, 2001. The Burnhams were Protestant missionaries who traveled widely handing out Bibles and spreading the gospel. The ransom was paid, but the hostages were not released; one was later killed.

http://news.discovery.com/history/us-history/negotiating-with-terrorists-whats-the-big-deal-140604.htm

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:51:55 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »
Nothing to see here

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2014, 01:08:42 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2014, 01:12:56 PM »
Nothing to see here
I'm sure that's what Obama said too.  :lol:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2014, 01:13:38 PM »
So when does this guy get his trial?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 10, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »
Hmmmmm

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/storyline/bowe-bergdahl-released/bergdahl-pictured-smiling-taliban-while-captivity-n152466

Best friends! :cheers:

Which one is Bergdahl?

This picture is just begging for a caption, by the way. I'll start: "What do you say, Mr. President, 5 of my buddies for this guy?"
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »
So when does this guy get his trial?
Great timing. This just popped up on MSN.

Bowe Bergdahl Could Leave Texas Military Base Within Days

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the American soldier held five years by the Taliban, is almost finished with his medical reintegration and could leave Fort Sam Houston in Texas within days, an Army source told NBC News on Thursday.

Bergdahl will be sent to another military station, though Army officials have said they don’t yet know where. He is expected to take some leave after that. The military investigation into the circumstances of his disappearance from his post in Afghanistan in 2009 will continue. Bergdahl will be the last person questioned before the military decides whether he should be charged with desertion. Bergdahl, who was returned to the United States in May in exchange for five Taliban prisoners held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, has been receiving outpatient medical and psychological care at Fort Sam Houston.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 10, 2014, 01:20:22 PM »
I especially like the secret Taliban gang symbol that the terrorist is making with his hand. I think that means "pussy" in Pashto.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2014, 01:23:25 PM »
I especially like the secret Taliban gang symbol that the terrorist is making with his hand. I think that means "pussy" in Pashto.

They twitch their fingers to communicate with other terror cells. Haven't you seen Homeland?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »
Looks like Berghdal had it made

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2014, 06:21:52 PM »
Looks like Berghdal had it made

Quite the lucky dude
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2014, 12:50:14 PM »
What a waste

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2014, 01:33:47 AM »
What are they hiding? http://thehill.com/policy/defense/220403-army-wont-release-bergdahl-review
I'm shocked that you find it appropriate to release an unfinished report. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2014, 09:44:46 AM »
What are they hiding? http://thehill.com/policy/defense/220403-army-wont-release-bergdahl-review

The report is finished. They just haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Army Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl completed a review of this case this week, but Hall declined to set a timeline for a final decision.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 12, 2014, 10:20:11 AM »
I don't think they are hiding anything.  I think they just don't want to come out and say what just about everybody already knows.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 12, 2014, 05:04:21 PM »
 :comehere: :ksu:

Army Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl completed a review of this case this week, but Hall declined to set a timeline for a final decision.

“At this time, it would be inappropriate to speculate on the potential results or the amount of time the review process will take to complete," Hall said

Once again, the review isn't complete.  "A" report maybe done, but the process isn't.  Ya know, that whole due process thing, I know its something you hate. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 12, 2014, 05:33:41 PM »

“At this time, it would be inappropriate to speculate on the potential results or the amount of time the review process will take to complete," Hall said

Once again, the review isn't complete.  "A" report maybe done, but the process isn't.  Ya know, that whole due process thing, I know its something you hate.

And once again, you said the report is incomplete. It isn't. The "review" is not complete in that they haven't decided yet how to break the news that Bergdahl was a deserter who possibly committed treason.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 12, 2014, 05:40:25 PM »

And once again, you said the report is incomplete. It isn't. The "review" is not complete in that they haven't decided yet how to break the news that Bergdahl was a deserter who possibly committed treason.

distinction between review and report.  the story makes it plainly obvious to people who don't have an agenda in this case.  once again, I know you guys have trouble with due process.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2014, 06:36:49 PM »

distinction between review and report.  the story makes it plainly obvious to people who don't have an agenda in this case.  once again, I know you guys have trouble with due process.

You seem to have a problem with basic English and reading comprehension. Start with that, and then we'll get to "due process."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile