Author Topic: So it turns out we do negotiate with terrorists  (Read 37366 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So it turns out we do negotiate with terrorists
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2014, 04:27:18 PM »
Would more or less Americans have died from 9/11 until today if we had not declared a war on terror?
Do you think we should have kicked back during the WW's? I mean, eff it!

Germany probably should have.
So you think Germany was todays U.S.? :runaway:

No, I'm saying you shouldn't start wars you aren't going to win.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
I'll never understand the "sit back and take it" response to terroism. I mean, wtf ppl?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
This fight has been going on a long time and will continue through our lifetimes.

Before the United States achieved independence from Britain, American merchants ships were protected on the high seas by Britain's Royal Navy. But when the young nation was established its shipping could no longer count on British warships keeping it safe.

In March 1786, two future presidents met with an ambassador from the pirate nations of North Africa. Thomas Jefferson, who was the US ambassador in France, and John Adams, the ambassador to Britain, met with the ambassador from Tripoli in London. They asked why American merchant ships were being attacked without provocation.

The ambassador explained that Muslim pirates considered Americans to be infidels and they believed they simply had the right to plunder American ships.

The US government adopted a policy of essentially paying bribes, or tribute, to the pirates. Jefferson objected to the policy of paying tribute in the 1790s. Having been involved in negotiations to free Americans held by North African pirates, he believed paying tribute only invited more problems.

We should have just paid them like everyone else was doing.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
I'll never understand the "sit back and take it" response to terroism. I mean, wtf ppl?

We can find a gap between "Sit back and take it" and "Drop bombs on civilians in foreign countries", don't you think?

And you still don't seem to want to address the real issue here: Why are we being targeted?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »

We can find a gap between "Sit back and take it" and "Drop bombs on civilians in foreign countries", don't you think?

And you still don't seem to want to address the real issue here: Why are we being targeted?

You missed the part about Americans being infidels. You don't have to do anything to be targeted, we just happen to be the highest profile infidels.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2014, 04:40:03 PM »

You missed the part about Americans being infidels. You don't have to do anything to be targeted, we just happen to be the highest profile infidels.

You missed the part about how we weren't paying like everyone else was. It had nothing to do with being American.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »

Well, ya. I agree with that.

I liked this:

We aren't ever going to leave them alone.
And vice versa. I mean we're their #1 target. Should we just wait for them to plan another crap event? #justsaying

Why do you think we're their #1 target?
Because of our support for Israel.

They've had a hard on for us for quite sometime. Maybe we're not their "#1 target" anymore, but it's a rough ridin' radical group causing hell and turmoil. I know the war is "over", but what's next?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
You will never take their bombs away.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »

You missed the part about how we weren't paying like everyone else was. It had nothing to do with being American.

You missed the part about why they thought they had the right to pillage all non-muslims - because they are infidels.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »

You missed the part about why they thought they had the right to pillage all non-muslims - because they are infidels.

You missed the part about never taking their bombs away.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2014, 04:55:45 PM »

Well, they also thought they had the right to pillage everyone because they were pirates.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2014, 05:07:41 PM »

Well, they also thought they had the right to pillage everyone because they were pirates.

They were only called pirates because they were on the water.  :whistle1:

In March 1786, two future presidents met with an ambassador from the pirate nations of North Africa. Thomas Jefferson, who was the US ambassador in France, and John Adams, the ambassador to Britain, met with the ambassador from Tripoli in London. They asked why American merchant ships were being attacked without provocation.

The ambassador explained that Muslim pirates considered Americans to be infidels and they believed they simply had the right to plunder American ships.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »
Radical Muslims have been murdering and raping people unprovoked for centuries.  How anyone thinks this would stop if we just quit retaliating is beyond me.  Is someone actually proposing we pay them to stop? Because that is rough ridin' insane and the definition of a slippery slope. Haven't you people seen a mob movie.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2014, 05:25:39 PM »
Radical Muslims have been murdering and raping people unprovoked for centuries.  How anyone thinks this would stop if we just quit retaliating is beyond me.  Is someone actually proposing we pay them to stop? Because that is rough ridin' insane and the definition of a slippery slope. Haven't you people seen a mob movie.

Some would argue radical Christians have shaped up their act since centuries of things like the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »

Some would argue radical Christians have shaped up their act since centuries of things like the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition

Yes, radical Christians have evolved with the rest of civilization as far as "conversion by force" goes. Hopefully the same enlightenment will happen for the radical Muslims in the next few centuries.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »
Would more or less Americans have died from 9/11 until today if we had not declared a war on terror?

The adjusted death rate has continued to decline since 9/11.  Only 5,281 combat deaths since 9/11, which would be statistically insignificant compared to about 2.25 million deaths per year since 9/11.

until this is dax's desktop picture, i can't take it seriously
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2014, 06:07:15 PM »
Yes, radical Christians have evolved with the rest of civilization as far as "conversion by force" goes. Hopefully the same enlightenment will happen for the radical Muslims in the next few centuries.

The war in Afghanistan hasn't been an attempt at conversion by force? I guess we technically aren't radical christians, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_in_the_War_in_Afghanistan_%282001%E2%80%93present%29

:sdeek:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2014, 06:24:33 PM »

The war in Afghanistan hasn't been an attempt at conversion by force? I guess we technically aren't radical christians, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_in_the_War_in_Afghanistan_%282001%E2%80%93present%29

You believe we went in there to convert muslims to christians?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2014, 06:33:09 PM »

You believe we went in there to convert muslims to christians?

I don't believe that. But what do the families of all the dead muslim civilians think? :dunno:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:30:07 PM by michigancat »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2014, 08:13:45 PM »
Great job everybody, next up: World Hunger.

But hey, did the administration trade 5 bad guys for a deserter and possible traitor?

Hmmm

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2014, 08:37:09 PM »

But hey, did the administration trade 5 bad guys for a deserter and possible traitor?

Hmmm

He's a possible deserter. I think he deserves a trial. (If it even warrants a trial.)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »

Hmmm

He's a possible deserter. I think he deserves a trial. (If it even warrants a trial.)

While I appreciate the innocent-until-proven-guilty sentiment, let's get real here. The guy left a note admitting he was deserting. I am a little surprised that the military hasn't already announced their intent to try him, which makes me wonder how much pressure this administration is exerting behind the scenes to sweep it under the rug.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2014, 08:46:04 PM »

Hmmm

While I appreciate the innocent-until-proven-guilty sentiment, let's get real here. The guy left a note admitting he was deserting. I am a little surprised that the military hasn't already announced their intent to try him, which makes me wonder how much pressure this administration is exerting behind the scenes to sweep it under the rug.

You don't seem like you appreciate the innocent-until-proven-guilty sentiment at all.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2014, 08:48:58 PM »
Good news, Americans are finally wising up, even it is probably too late.

WaPo Poll: Majority believe Obama less competent than Clinton or Bush,and has made America weaker.

Sixty-eight percent say the Obama administration is less competent that the Clinton administration. Forty-eight percent say it is less competent than Bush's, compared to 42 percent who say it is more competent. [Of course, Clinton scores better because a significant chunk of Democrats join the Republicans in agreement on that. :lol:]

Fifty-five percent say that the Obama administration has made the country weaker; 35 percent say his administration has made it stronger.  :sdeek:

The poll was conducted June 1-3 by the Democratic Anderson Robbins Research and the Republican Shaw & Company Research.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »

Hmmm

You don't seem like you appreciate the innocent-until-proven-guilty sentiment at all.

Yes I do. By all means, he should be tried. But only a dumbass would ignore the fact that he left a note admitting he intentionally abandoned his post.