Author Topic: So it turns out we do negotiate with terrorists  (Read 36801 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: So it turns out we do negotiate with terrorists
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2014, 04:54:46 PM »
I've got a lot of soldiers on my FB timeline that think this guys a rough ridin' loser. Like, we lost a bunch of soldiers trying to find him and he pretty much scattered from the group. Now, we're going to great lengths to trade for him and break the way we do things for this one guy. I don't think you can call them all morons for this logic.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »
Michcat is right though

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »
How many people died trying to find him?  Why would they risk other soldiers' lives to find one?  Seems wasteful and reckless.  Poor leader soldiers there iyam.  We must find this one broldier or all of us die trying? 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »
I've got a lot of soldiers on my FB timeline that think this guys a rough ridin' loser. Like, we lost a bunch of soldiers trying to find him and he pretty much scattered from the group. Now, we're going to great lengths to trade for him and break the way we do things for this one guy. I don't think you can call them all morons for this logic.

Did you read the article? We didn't lose soliders because of him.

Even if we did, would your soldier buds prefer those soldiers died trying to save someone we had no interest in trying to save?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2014, 05:05:56 PM »
I watch the news every morning at the gym. That's where I got all my details about the story. I did not read that article, but there is plenty of rumblings out there that soldiers were lost on missions to find him. Honestly, i'd be the biggest pussy over there, so I have no clue what they were going through. However, some of his unit has some anger towards him. That's gotta mean something, right?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »
I watch the news every morning at the gym. That's where I got all my details about the story. I did not read that article, but there is plenty of rumblings out there that soldiers were lost on missions to find him. Honestly, i'd be the biggest pussy over there, so I have no clue what they were going through. However, some of his unit has some anger towards him. That's gotta mean something, right?

No

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »

No
Oh

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2014, 05:11:16 PM »
i think the real motive is that they just wanted to let these guys out of gitmo and then they looked around for an excuse and remembered this chump.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »
i think the real motive is that they just wanted to let these guys out of gitmo and then they looked around for an excuse and remembered this chump.

How dare you.  Many people were killed on the multiple missions to save this chump.  There are rumblings from army people on fb. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »
Army guys are the most WT losers on the planet so I generally believe the exact opposite of what they say

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 05:35:28 PM »
Army guys are the most WT losers on the planet so I generally believe the exact opposite of what they say

most diverse organization in america :nono:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2014, 05:47:27 PM »

Can confirm. The six years I spent living on military bases and going to military school is the only time in my life I haven't felt a part of the majority. Aside from trips to NY and parts of Colorado.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2014, 06:37:15 PM »
Most white flight/highly racially homogeneous mid-westerners couldn't deal with your typical large military community.   

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »
So Obama not only ignored the law requiring Congressional approval of transfers from Gitmo - he did it so that he could trade 5 terrorists for a confirmed deserter. I think this may be the worst blunder yet - can you even call it a blunder? I'm hard pressed to believe he could be this stupid, but the alternative is even worse.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/us/us-soldier-srgt-bowe-bergdahl-of-idaho-pow-vanished-angered-his-unit.html?_r=0&referrer=

I think you have a hard time dechiphering between a soldier and a terrorist.

We must remember that many an innocent who have been kept at Gitmo were turned in by their neighbors and enemies for a quick buck.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264834/Bush-Cheney-Rumsfield-knew-Guant-namo-prisoners-innocent-White-House-aide-tells-court.html

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2014, 08:49:29 AM »

Can confirm. The six years I spent living on military bases and going to military school is the only time in my life I haven't felt a part of the majority. Aside from trips to NY and parts of Colorado.

I didn't even know what racism was until I moved to Kansas, all my time before that of course living on military bases. 

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2014, 08:56:36 AM »

I didn't even know what racism was until I moved to Kansas, all my time before that of course living on military bases.

I think okcat may have had a traumatic encounter with a Riley dude, so now every militay person is a horrible person. He always paints with a very wide brush.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »

I think okcat may have had a traumatic encounter with a Riley dude, so now every militay person is a horrible person. He always paints with a very wide brush.

I doubt he really thinks that.  Just a shitty troll.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
Most of the racist stuff I put in the political facebook thread comes from a former army guy. The army has plenty of racist idiots.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »
per capita racists of Clark County Kansas >> per capita racists in the US military

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »
per capita racists of Clark County Kansas >> per capita racists in the US military

Perhaps - I'm guessing it's entirely based on education level. Also the Army guys are forced to have way better discipline than your random Clark County yokel

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »

Perhaps - I'm guessing it's entirely based on education level. Also the Army guys are forced to have way better discipline than your random Clark County yokel

It's way more driven by diversity than education.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2014, 11:08:01 AM »

It's been verified that 5 or 6 men died trying to find this guy.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »
Lots of Paulites on here with the "if we don't bother them they won't bother us".  You guys should check out the movie Lawrence of Arabia (ironically for a dose of reality).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2014, 11:39:30 AM »
Lots of Paulites on here with the "if we don't bother them they won't bother us".  You guys should check out the movie Lawrence of Arabia (ironically for a dose of reality).

:lol: