Author Topic: how do our units  (Read 7122 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
how do our units
« on: April 07, 2010, 12:58:02 AM »
compare to other units in the big 12 north.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
Re: how do our units
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:34:34 AM »
our units -> _ = <-"their" units

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:02:17 AM »
I think our O-Line could be one of the better ones in the Big 12.  Toss in a 6-8 280lb tight end up front blocking and they could be quite formidable.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:41:01 AM »

needless to say we will be a great 2nd half team  :gocho:

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:11:18 AM »
Well....Tate Snyder at LB = Best in the linebacking core in Big 12     

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:11 AM »
O-line is one of the best.. Best RB in the conference. good depth, but young at RB ..
EMAW

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »
Ranks in big 12:

QB-12
RB-2
WR/TE-8
OL-4

DL-8
LB-12
DB-12

catzacker

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »
QB - bottom 4
OL - top 4
RB - top 4
WR - bottom 4
TE - ?

DT - bottom 4
DE - bottom 4
LB - bottom 4
DB - bottom 4

kicker - top 6
KR/PR - top 6

I have no basis for any of these rankings.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 09:18:05 AM »
team speed - bottom 4

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »
kind of a personal question if you ask me...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:44 AM »
I usually just  :users: the message boards and stuff without any roster analysis.....so are we really going to have one of the best o-lines in the conference? If so, we should bowl no matter what considering we'll have a monster running back. This could be nullified if we have one of the worst defenses, I guess.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 09:44:19 AM »
I think our O-Line could be one of the better ones in the Big 12.  Toss in a 6-8 280lb tight end up front blocking and they could be quite formidable.

We also now have 200+ lb wide receivers available for blocking as well as a FB.  Running game should be decent.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 10:08:32 AM »
I like having a good OL and great RB; looking forward to leading the nation in TOP. 

Very SLTH-y football philosophy, but if we can steal a win or two using it I'll take it.

Hopefully Snyder can Doc up some football games.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 10:31:29 AM »
Having our offense on the Field 35 minutes a game will make our defense look waaaaayyy better than it really is.  I'm fairly confident we have one of the best O-Lines and RB's in the conf.  Bring on the 8 man fronts and we'll Okoye right over them.  QB and WR unknowns leave me thinking passing is highly unlikely on most downs.

Defense is much like the Royals.  If a bunch of sh*t clicks, and a bunch of guys "break-out" we should be really good.  This translates into a 1/35 chance of being worth a damn (based on the Royals one decent season in the last 35).

Our kicker and punter are both huge p^ssies, which means they're just like all the other K's & P's in the conf.  However, they also suck at their respective positions so we'll probably lose one game just b/c of them, ala LaLa.  <-- bitchin rhyme

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »
Having our offense on the Field 35 minutes a game will make our defense look waaaaayyy better than it really is.  I'm fairly confident we have one of the best O-Lines and RB's in the conf.  Bring on the 8 man fronts and we'll Okoye right over them.  QB and WR unknowns leave me thinking passing is highly unlikely on most downs.

Hopefully a QB steps up that can throw the ball more than 30 yards and a reciever with speed.  The GPC article on Brod Smith talks about how he is one of that fastest on the team and sub-4.4.  It would be nice if we can actually stretch defenses this year with him and others at WR to take advantage of teams putting 9 and 10 in the box.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 11:13:35 AM »

Hopefully a QB steps up that can throw the ball more than 30 yards and a reciever with speed.  The GPC article on Brod Smith talks about how he is one of that fastest on the team and sub-4.4.  It would be nice if we can actually stretch defenses this year with him and others at WR to take advantage of teams putting 9 and 10 in the box.

With that guys size, and if he really runs a 4.4  :love:  Won't need an accurate passer, just a guy that can throw 30+ yard lobs that actually stay in bounds.

catzacker

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »
Having our offense on the Field 35 minutes a game will make our defense look waaaaayyy better than it really is.  I'm fairly confident we have one of the best O-Lines and RB's in the conf.  Bring on the 8 man fronts and we'll Okoye right over them.  QB and WR unknowns leave me thinking passing is highly unlikely on most downs.

Hopefully a QB steps up that can throw the ball more than 30 yards and a reciever with speed.  The GPC article on Brod Smith talks about how he is one of that fastest on the team and sub-4.4.  It would be nice if we can actually stretch defenses this year with him and others at WR to take advantage of teams putting 9 and 10 in the box.

i know bill will want to run the clock, but if the D is as bad as I think it is, coupled with a schedule that is entirely more difficult than last year, our O is going to have to throw it a bit more, which will probably lead to less TOP and more D on the field.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »

With that guys size, and if he really runs a 4.4  :love:  Won't need an accurate passer, just a guy that can throw 30+ yard lobs that actually stay in bounds.

The only thing that gives me hope about our passing game, really.  Beasley was able to produce a 1,000-yard receiver in '99 with one good shoulder simply because said receiver was so damn good.  If Brod Smith is truly an elite difference-maker and not simply "good", my concerns about the QB go down substantially (unless Carson is playing  :flush:).
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Sugar Dick

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
Having our offense on the Field 35 minutes a game will make our defense look waaaaayyy better than it really is.  I'm fairly confident we have one of the best O-Lines and RB's in the conf.  Bring on the 8 man fronts and we'll Okoye right over them.  QB and WR unknowns leave me thinking passing is highly unlikely on most downs.

Hopefully a QB steps up that can throw the ball more than 30 yards and a reciever with speed.  The GPC article on Brod Smith talks about how he is one of that fastest on the team and sub-4.4.  It would be nice if we can actually stretch defenses this year with him and others at WR to take advantage of teams putting 9 and 10 in the box.

i know bill will want to run the clock, but if the D is as bad as I think it is, coupled with a schedule that is entirely more difficult than last year, our O is going to have to throw it a bit more, which will probably lead to less TOP and more D on the field.

not sure it really is - seems like everyone in the conf will be craptier, OOC is slightly harder I guess, not from a w/l standpoint though

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 03:04:21 PM »
Our LB's are going to be beyond pathetic. I can't believe I will miss John Houlik.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »
To answer fats' question, I'd say + or - 5 rubles.

WHAT?

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 09:19:53 PM »
i think our unis will look ok this year probably just back to the same old style sny........ oh wait, units?... no idea

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 11:37:04 PM »
I think that the key to success this year is our D-Line. Our linebackers are beyond pathetic, and our DBs aren't very good either, but if you can get a pass rush with the front four, you can mask a lot of problems elsewhere, especially against non-elite teams (we only play one). We return Harold, and we recruited like a bazillion D-Linemen, so if we can put out a front four that isn't pathetic, I think that we can have our best team since 2003 (not saying much). I'm not worried about the offense, but maybe I'm too optimistic about Harper, Smith, and an unproven QB.

Offline iCat Pro

• Fan
  • some say... he only eats pickled vegetables
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 03:53:50 AM »

If Brod runs a sub 4.4, that is unfortunate.  The problem is that none of our QBs have the combination of delivery speed and throw power to get the ball to a receiver who runs faster than 4.48.

Offline econocat

• Fan
  • The father of Economics
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »
God help us! :bang:

Snyder indicated sophomore Collin Klein and senior Carson Coffman have pulled ahead of junior Sammuel Lamur in the battle for K-State's starting quarterback job, though the issue is not settled.

"I think maybe Carson and Collin have kind of separated themselves a little bit from Sammuel, but we certainly won't give up on Sammuel just because he doesn't have the experience," Snyder said
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." — John Maynard Keynes