Author Topic: Answers to awkward social situations  (Read 32450 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Answers to awkward social situations
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »
Say you are going to rehab
Metalhead or SLU's CF? :lol: :lol:

BOTH!

Rehab is for quitters. Do I seem like a quitter to you, slobber?
:attitude:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2014, 06:11:53 PM »
you could always give him a chance to beat the other offer !

there is pretty much zero chance of that.  without getting too personal, the current job i kind of "settled" for, and the new one will almost double in pay.

anyway, i told him today and he was agitated, but whatevs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2014, 11:18:06 PM »
congratulations, seven.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »
Woman at work is always wearing low cut blouses. I feel uncomfortable talking to her because I'm afraid I'm going to stare at her breasts.  Should I be ashamed of staring?  She wants me to stare, right? 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2014, 10:51:12 AM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »
Woman at work is always wearing low cut blouses. I feel uncomfortable talking to her because I'm afraid I'm going to stare at her breasts.  Should I be ashamed of staring?  She wants me to stare, right?

she will be offended if you don't stare

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2014, 11:36:31 AM »

What is her name? When you address her say something like, "Hi there Titties, I mean Tina."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2014, 11:39:12 AM »
Quit being a creepy person. 

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »
Quit being a creepy person.
At least I feel bad about being creepy. That's something, right?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2014, 11:30:05 PM »
Dinner tomorrow with another family whose husband doesn't drink. He used to, but just doesn't now. I'll probably be drinking because the wife still drinks. Do you ask why the person doesn't drink? Try to find out why he doesn't drink through a third party? Just ignore it?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2014, 11:31:08 PM »
why does it matter?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2014, 11:31:53 PM »
ignore it unless he brings it up, this one is pretty simple

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2014, 01:09:58 AM »
why does it matter?
it doesn't, really

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2014, 01:12:27 AM »
I guess I just recently had a thing where I suggested to a guy that we go to the Trappist in Oakland to drink some beers and I later in the conversation found out that he didn't drink beer at all and later from another person I found out he used to be a problem drinker and I felt bad and I guess I should just avoid the discussion altogether.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »

She doesn't want you to stare, but does want you to be troubled by the dilemma.  Eyes above her chin level, and you'll do fine. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2014, 09:07:52 AM »
Dinner tomorrow with another family whose husband doesn't drink. He used to, but just doesn't now. I'll probably be drinking because the wife still drinks. Do you ask why the person doesn't drink? Try to find out why he doesn't drink through a third party? Just ignore it?
what not to do:
Offer to buy drinks for the whole table, but then point at the guy who no longer drinks and say loudly, "Except this guy, he apparently has a problem.  Give him another goddamn glass of water with lemon".  Afterward, pointedly look around the restaurant to see how much attention you brought.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2014, 09:56:26 AM »
If he isn't drinking assume its because he either killed someone in a drunk driving accident or beats his wife when drunk and she made him stop

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »
Update: they really pushed the liquor on me it was fine.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2015, 09:56:48 PM »
New one: I live on a large lot with four units on it, one of which is occupied by the owners (our landlords). All the units pay for their own trash/recycling service.

Since it's California, we have these giant compost bins for, you know, compostable items like food scraps and yard waste.

Well, every now and then after trash day, I'd get our bins and notice our green bin was missing. Eventually it would show up and I suspected a neighbor was grabbing ours by mistake or something. So we wrote our apartment number on all our bins just in case this was what happened or at least it would hopefully make them less inclined to take ours on purpose.

Last week, our green bin was missing. Our landlords had a lot of yard work done (only around their house). Today I took out the trash, and sure enough, our compost bin was there full of yard waste.

Now, our landlords are for the most part very nice people, but I think it's kind of bullshit that they're using a service that I paid for with no benefit to me and without consulting me. It's really not much money, but it can be a pain in the ass figuring out what to do with a week of food scraps that normally went in the bin. And it's really disrespectful. Do I confront the landlords about it? How?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2015, 10:00:43 PM »
Not worth it imo

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:17 PM »
Dump your crap in their bin

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2015, 10:01:28 PM »
New one: I live on a large lot with four units on it, one of which is occupied by the owners (our landlords). All the units pay for their own trash/recycling service.

Since it's California, we have these giant compost bins for, you know, compostable items like food scraps and yard waste.

Well, every now and then after trash day, I'd get our bins and notice our green bin was missing. Eventually it would show up and I suspected a neighbor was grabbing ours by mistake or something. So we wrote our apartment number on all our bins just in case this was what happened or at least it would hopefully make them less inclined to take ours on purpose.

Last week, our green bin was missing. Our landlords had a lot of yard work done (only around their house). Today I took out the trash, and sure enough, our compost bin was there full of yard waste.

Now, our landlords are for the most part very nice people, but I think it's kind of bullshit that they're using a service that I paid for with no benefit to me and without consulting me. It's really not much money, but it can be a pain in the ass figuring out what to do with a week of food scraps that normally went in the bin. And it's really disrespectful. Do I confront the landlords about it? How?

How long have we toiled under the rule of the landed gentry?  Well, this peasant will take it no longer!  I reclaim the table scraps for myself!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2015, 10:02:56 PM »
Dump your crap in their bin
It's a long walk to their bin.

Also, I should probably add that I feel like I am paying less than market value for rent and don't want to stir the pot much.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2015, 10:05:52 PM »
Are your backyards separate?  Do you have a door to the back yard?  Are the bins small enough to be mobile?
Put it by the back door and dump from there, then take out on pick up day only if that isn't what you already do.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2015, 10:07:59 PM »
I mean, then they would have to come into your obvious private area to steal your bin.  Takes a little more assholery to do that than just snatch one from a public area (if they are all stored together).  If they are big enough assholes to do that, than say something.