Author Topic: Iowa State Wants To Be K-State Thread  (Read 32498 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa State Wants To Be K-State Thread
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2014, 07:32:49 PM »
isu could ignore their stadium for the next 25 years and it would still be miles ahead of memorial stadium.  when i say ignore, i mean, drop nuclear bombs on it 1x per day for 25 years.  it would still be better than memorial, even if ISU fans had radiation and fallout in their hair, eff me running, i'm saying it- calling my shot- irradiated/fallout covered ISU > Memorial. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »
isu could ignore their stadium for the next 25 years and it would still be miles ahead of memorial stadium.

yup this

when i say ignore, i mean, drop nuclear bombs on it 1x per day for 25 years.  it would still be better than memorial, even if ISU fans had radiation and fallout in their hair, eff me running, i'm saying it- calling my shot- irradiated/fallout covered ISU > Memorial. 

that is a hyperbole but it gets the point across, with great imagery.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2014, 07:58:19 PM »
Haves or haves-not-erhill joining #teamhaves and boy it is neat!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2014, 08:04:28 PM »
Good for them.

I had never noticed how shitty their current south endzone is.

There current south endzone, especially when you see it in person, looks like something that would temporarily be set up at something terrible like Rockfest.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2014, 08:07:28 PM »
jack trice stadium has character
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2014, 09:19:22 PM »
Good for them.

There current south endzone, especially when you see it in person, looks like something that would temporarily be set up at something terrible like Rockfest.

So many people are pissed about losing hillside seats and those bleachers too.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2014, 10:08:09 PM »
Good for them.

So many people are pissed about losing hillside seats and those bleachers too.
Yea, like there's still people that would rather have a flip phone over a smart phone.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »

I sat on this very hill back in 2009 after I tore up my knee tailgating doing my golf swing for some dumb reason.
titletown..lulz

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2014, 12:26:08 AM »
On the one hand, those hill "seats."  On the otherhand that pressbox.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2014, 02:58:14 AM »
how they could do anything other than fix that pressbox is just very Iowa-ey

I don't think you understand how bad that south endzone looks currently.

Pressbox is next phase.

I've never heard anyone make fun of ISU for their south endzone (honestly couldn't tell you what it looks like currently).  However I've heard just about everyone make fun of their pressbox and endzone with the video board on stilts.

Its a grassy hill with temporary bleachers behind the endzone... its gawd awful. It is far worse than a track. This has been priority #1 for over a decade.

Iowa State currently ranks #9 in the conference in number of club seats and luxury boxes; they are mostly located in between the two seating decks with a few in the small pressbox. This will be the next project if momentum can continue. Paul needs to win now... plain and simple.

SHOTS FIRED!!! Better hope Beems isn't setting back on this one.

Shots fired? Jack Trice had no permanent endzone seats... something KU has had for almost a century. Iowa State has had a disaster of a football facility since virtually forever and now over a hundred million dollars have/will be spent between 2007 and 2015 to make it even somewhat respectable, despite having little successes scattered amongst complete crap. K-State really needs to step up their game if we are comparing ISU success/facility upgrades compared to KSU success/facility upgrades over the past decade. It makes John Currie, K-State administration, and boosters look pretty cheap and unable to raise money like Jamie Pollard can given the results on the field.

But the first row of KU's permanent endzone bowl seating is like 50 yards from the endzone. FWIW, I'd much rather have Jack Trice for my school than KU's memorial.

Depends on whether the Jack Trice you're referring to is underwater or not.   crap, I'm just kidding.   It doesn't matter, even a moldy, skunky Trice is far better than Memorial.

You people never listen. The University of Washington never gets crap for having water around their stadium.

We are in elite company and you aren't.

Just stop.

Around and covering are very different things.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2014, 08:10:55 AM »

Pressbox is next phase.

I've never heard anyone make fun of ISU for their south endzone (honestly couldn't tell you what it looks like currently).  However I've heard just about everyone make fun of their pressbox and endzone with the video board on stilts.

Its a grassy hill with temporary bleachers behind the endzone... its gawd awful. It is far worse than a track. This has been priority #1 for over a decade.

Iowa State currently ranks #9 in the conference in number of club seats and luxury boxes; they are mostly located in between the two seating decks with a few in the small pressbox. This will be the next project if momentum can continue. Paul needs to win now... plain and simple.

Shots fired? Jack Trice had no permanent endzone seats... something KU has had for almost a century. Iowa State has had a disaster of a football facility since virtually forever and now over a hundred million dollars have/will be spent between 2007 and 2015 to make it even somewhat respectable, despite having little successes scattered amongst complete crap. K-State really needs to step up their game if we are comparing ISU success/facility upgrades compared to KSU success/facility upgrades over the past decade. It makes John Currie, K-State administration, and boosters look pretty cheap and unable to raise money like Jamie Pollard can given the results on the field.

But the first row of KU's permanent endzone bowl seating is like 50 yards from the endzone. FWIW, I'd much rather have Jack Trice for my school than KU's memorial.

Depends on whether the Jack Trice you're referring to is underwater or not.   crap, I'm just kidding.   It doesn't matter, even a moldy, skunky Trice is far better than Memorial.

You people never listen. The University of Washington never gets crap for having water around their stadium.

We are in elite company and you aren't.

Just stop.

Around and covering are very different things.

Well when the sea levels begin to rise UW will be toast while ISU will be safe and sound (provided the Skunk isn't also rising).

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »

I sat on this very hill back in 2009 after I tore up my knee tailgating doing my golf swing for some dumb reason.

Apparently Big 12 tailgating is just too much for you. I believe Dan Hawkins had a rant at Colorado which could apply to this situation.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »
i hadn't realized that NDSU was playing in ames this season., that's only like 3 months then football

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2014, 09:11:50 PM »
i hadn't realized that NDSU was playing in ames this season., that's only like 3 months then football

Jerk. Don't remind me.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2014, 10:13:20 PM »
you guys have nothing to lose, will be fun

Offline Cannoncat

• Fan
  • What say we settle this on the runway... Han-Solo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2014, 01:36:55 AM »
Given the disaster that the football season was, I'm pretty surprised ISU is getting any sort of an expansion/renovation right now. If ISU can have a $60mil project after a 3-9 season, I'm fairly content for now.
Same can't be said down the kaw :driving:
"Round house kick to the butt hole!"-Kstate vs Aggie 53-50, 2011.

"Charlie Weis is the same mistake he ever was"-Gregg Doyel CBS

"Good people deserve good things."-Fatty4ksu

"The heart break kid!"-Winters

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2014, 08:52:56 AM »

Pressbox is next phase.

Well Havs if you want to make that argument, I think it's fair to say that over the last 6 years KU has lapped ISU in terms of dollars spent per victory*

*not counting spring game as victory

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »

except like 10-12 games
emaw

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »

except like 10-12 games

expected tho

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:05 AM »
lol
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2014, 06:00:03 PM »
I've been spending all day on CycloneFanatic and there are fans there claiming suites aren't necessary.

Please tell me you at least had 1 or 2 losers who made stupid comments like that too... Please... Please...

:pray:

:shooturmouth:

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
I've been spending all day on CycloneFanatic and there are fans there claiming suites aren't necessary.

Please tell me you at least had 1 or 2 losers who made stupid comments like that too... Please... Please...

Pfffft

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »

Beems.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2014, 08:02:14 AM »
Havs I would trade some of our seats now for more suites.  Currie nailed it with WSC.  All the new amenities that come with the Loge and Club level will keep the WSC booked for the foreseeable future.  Fireplaces, couches, buffet lines (Call Hall ice cream  :love:), alcohol bars, etc.  It's what many fans desire in order to justify traveling to 7 games a year.  Stadiums that are emphasizing more seats and no suites are essentially throwing away their money.  Most new seats that are added are nose-bleed, shitty endzone-type location where seat prices are significantly lower.  Plus new suites can provide event spacing for other stuff too which can be (small) revenue generating.  Sounds like your fellow fans are not good business minded people like yourself. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »

suites aren't necessary if you don't have fans big shotty enough to buy suites.