Author Topic: Iowa State Wants To Be K-State Thread  (Read 32500 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa State Wants To Be K-State Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2014, 11:30:23 AM »
I'm sure this new ISU addition makes Paul proud.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
when I went to Ames for the 2012 game I was very impressed by how clean the stadium/concourse was. I also thought the concourse was asthetically very pleasing.

That was the first $60 mil project which took place in 2007-2008 which added suites between the upper and lower decks and expanded concourses outwards.

Add in the previous $5mil scoreboard, $20 mil practice facility, this new $60 mil project, and "Iowa State money" may even become a thing!  :love:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:38:27 AM by Haverhill »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2014, 11:47:22 AM »
hey look, powerpat is here  :D

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
I'm glad that havs is getting nice things. He's a great TSCer.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »
how they could do anything other than fix that pressbox is just very Iowa-ey

I don't think you understand how bad that south endzone looks currently.

Pressbox is next phase.

I've never heard anyone make fun of ISU for their south endzone (honestly couldn't tell you what it looks like currently).  However I've heard just about everyone make fun of their pressbox and endzone with the video board on stilts.

Its a grassy hill with temporary bleachers behind the endzone... its gawd awful. It is far worse than a track. This has been priority #1 for over a decade.

Iowa State currently ranks #9 in the conference in number of club seats and luxury boxes; they are mostly located in between the two seating decks with a few in the small pressbox. This will be the next project if momentum can continue. Paul needs to win now... plain and simple.

SHOTS FIRED!!! Better hope Beems isn't setting back on this one.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2014, 12:25:26 PM »
'grats Havs.  i've always said that this world is made up of two types of athletic depts: the talkers, and the doers.  glad to see that isu is a doer.  just like the ksu cats and ou and texas.  okie light doesn't count, they were forced by tbp to do their upgrade.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »

Pressbox is next phase.

I've never heard anyone make fun of ISU for their south endzone (honestly couldn't tell you what it looks like currently).  However I've heard just about everyone make fun of their pressbox and endzone with the video board on stilts.

Its a grassy hill with temporary bleachers behind the endzone... its gawd awful. It is far worse than a track. This has been priority #1 for over a decade.

Iowa State currently ranks #9 in the conference in number of club seats and luxury boxes; they are mostly located in between the two seating decks with a few in the small pressbox. This will be the next project if momentum can continue. Paul needs to win now... plain and simple.

I'm not sure what was a bigger shot fired. Saying that a track is horrible, or that a grassy hill with temporary bleachers is worse. I mean, he could have been describing "the setting" perfectly.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2014, 12:43:10 PM »
Good for them.

I had never noticed how shitty their current south endzone is.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »

Pressbox is next phase.

Shots fired? Jack Trice had no permanent endzone seats... something KU has had for almost a century. Iowa State has had a disaster of a football facility since virtually forever and now over a hundred million dollars have/will be spent between 2007 and 2015 to make it even somewhat respectable, despite having little successes scattered amongst complete crap. K-State really needs to step up their game if we are comparing ISU success/facility upgrades compared to KSU success/facility upgrades over the past decade. It makes John Currie, K-State administration, and boosters look pretty cheap and unable to raise money like Jamie Pollard can given the results on the field.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »

Pressbox is next phase.

Shots fired? Jack Trice had no permanent endzone seats... something KU has had for almost a century. Iowa State has had a disaster of a football facility since virtually forever and now over a hundred million dollars have/will be spent between 2007 and 2015 to make it even somewhat respectable, despite having little successes scattered amongst complete crap. K-State really needs to step up their game if we are comparing ISU success/facility upgrades compared to KSU success/facility upgrades over the past decade. It makes John Currie, K-State administration, and boosters look pretty cheap and unable to raise money like Jamie Pollard can given the results on the field.

But the first row of KU's permanent endzone bowl seating is like 50 yards from the endzone. FWIW, I'd much rather have Jack Trice for my school than KU's memorial.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2014, 01:09:51 PM »

Pressbox is next phase.

But the first row of KU's permanent endzone bowl seating is like 50 yards from the endzone. FWIW, I'd much rather have Jack Trice for my school than KU's memorial.

I doubt KU sits around much longer while ISU and KSU have these renovations underway. They'll probably make changes soon as well.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »

Pressbox is next phase.

I doubt KU sits around much longer while ISU and KSU have these renovations underway. They'll probably make changes soon as well.

They are spending millions of dollars to build a building to house the original rules of basketball and build dorms for their basketball players.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2014, 01:51:53 PM »
Havsy knows something on the KU stadium front I'm sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2014, 01:53:32 PM »
KU was just waiting until ISU released their plans, so they could build something EVEN BETTER!

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2014, 04:46:33 PM »
'grats Havs.  i've always said that this world is made up of two types of athletic depts: the talkers, and the doers.  glad to see that isu is a doer.  just like the ksu cats and ou and texas.  okie light doesn't count, they were forced by tbp to do their upgrade.

Trying to figure out where this ranks in the list of ISU being doers: 1) First digital computer; 2) Enriching uranium for the Manhattan Project.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2014, 04:47:55 PM »
Sorry Havs, lipstick on a pig

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2014, 04:48:48 PM »

Trying to figure out where this ranks in the list of ISU being doers: 1) First digital computer; 2) Enriching uranium for the Manhattan Project.

jfc get out of here with that crap Havsy nobody on the football board cares what ISU loosely claims responsibility for.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »

jfc get out of here with that crap Havsy nobody on the football board cares what ISU loosely claims responsibility for.

Loosely? Many claim ISU's misfortune in football is a curse given their role in the Manhattan Project.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »

Loosely? Many claim ISU's misfortune in football is a curse given their role in the Manhattan Project.

settle down, and make a validate ISU's role in society thread in the combofanning board!

(jk don't kill me in my sleep next month)

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »
Looks pretty good. 

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2014, 04:55:14 PM »

settle down, and make a validate ISU's role in society thread in the combofanning board!

Hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it...

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »

Hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it...

oh man... :'bye cruel world:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2014, 06:50:56 PM »

Pressbox is next phase.

Depends on whether the Jack Trice you're referring to is underwater or not.   crap, I'm just kidding.   It doesn't matter, even a moldy, skunky Trice is far better than Memorial.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2014, 07:03:32 PM »
Looks great, Havs!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »

Pressbox is next phase.

Depends on whether the Jack Trice you're referring to is underwater or not.   crap, I'm just kidding.   It doesn't matter, even a moldy, skunky Trice is far better than Memorial.

You people never listen. The University of Washington never gets crap for having water around their stadium.

We are in elite company and you aren't.

Just stop.