Author Topic: Job Search Connections - thread  (Read 9643 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Job Search Connections - thread
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2014, 03:15:04 PM »
hell, just say you're staying there until you find a job.
"I sleep on the couch" (on lazy Sunday afternoons)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »
make a sex tape and send it to them with a note that says "let us live together or were mailing this to pastor dan"
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »
It's a longer story than I will probably share here since that is her family.  But we have talked about it extensively, and her roommate has already said she doesn't care if I live there awhile.  That being said it is definitely a possibility.  I'll still probably give myself time to save up money as I keep looking for a job.  I like the "say you live in a dump" idea, that could be very plausible.  But with my luck they will want to come help me "spruce it up" or something.  I appreciate your support and advice.   

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2014, 03:29:12 PM »
Unless her parents are completely ignorant, they already know all the bad things you're doing to their daughter. You probably make her drink the sauce too. You're already in too deep, you might as well live with her. I mean, the damage has already been done is what i'm saying.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »
It's a longer story than I will probably share here since that is her family.  But we have talked about it extensively, and her roommate has already said she doesn't care if I live there awhile.  That being said it is definitely a possibility.  I'll still probably give myself time to save up money as I keep looking for a job.  I like the "say you live in a dump" idea, that could be very plausible.  But with my luck they will want to come help me "spruce it up" or something.  I appreciate your support and advice.   

did you see my sex tape idea? I feel like you didn't cuz youre kinda giving up on all our advice.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »

Google the absolute worst area in DC.  That area will most likely have the lowest rent.  Tell them you live there.  If they bring up visiting, get all intense and serious and tell them you saw someone down the street mugged yesterday in broad daylight and recommend a trip out for coffee or to go see the newly repaired Washington Monument.  No one would back track to your hypothetical shitty joint.

Even better, go a step further and tell the father that there is absolutely no way you want your fiance or his wife anywhere near there.

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2014, 03:40:05 PM »
you probably want them to pay for the expensive wedding and they wont do it if you are flagrantly soiling their daughter?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2014, 03:44:57 PM »
don't be a puss dude.  I bet she has already lived with a guy

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2014, 03:48:11 PM »
was she a virg when you started dating? if not, you could just pay that guy like $100 to tell daddy he slept with her via email or something. then you just tell him you wouldn't do such a thing out of wedlock and boom, you can do pretty much anything you want.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
Guys he should start dating the roommate and then move in. 

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »

Google the absolute worst area in DC.  That area will most likely have the lowest rent.  Tell them you live there.  If they bring up visiting, get all intense and serious and tell them you saw someone down the street mugged yesterday in broad daylight and recommend a trip out for coffee or to go see the newly repaired Washington Monument.  No one would back track to your hypothetical shitty joint.

Even better, go a step further and tell the father that there is absolutely no way you want your fiance or his wife anywhere near there.

I like the way your mind works sir.  :thumbsup:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2014, 09:10:35 PM »
No way is this real.

The Big Train

« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2014, 09:13:01 PM »
No way is this real.

I've seen several notifications on linkedin for thread creations about this, its real.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »
No way is this real.

I've seen several notifications on linkedin for thread creations about this, its real.

As Jay Dillon once said, NOT REAL.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
do i like leave a resume here or just show up next Monday?

:confused:

tia

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2014, 10:29:48 PM »
do i like leave a resume here or just show up next Monday?

:confused:

tia

Leave a resume here

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2014, 11:39:49 AM »
Talked about this last night over some Crapplebees and we have come to agreement that if necessary the "bad side of town" fib will be the go to if when I move up I don't have a job yet.  Thanks to CNS for this bit of deceptive genius.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »
Talked about this last night over some Crapplebees and we have come to agreement that if necessary the "bad side of town" fib will be the go to if when I move up I don't have a job yet.  Thanks to CNS for this bit of deceptive genius.
Maybe future FiL will throw you a couple G to get a nicer place. You can use that to help buy the ring and get the wedding over and done with so you can live legit. Then, 5 years from now, when the in-laws come to visit, you can drive through some absolute crap part of town and point at some rando apartment and say, "That was where I lived when I first moved here."

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2014, 11:53:05 AM »
Maybe future FiL will throw you a couple G to get a nicer place. You can use that to help buy the ring and get the wedding over and done with so you can live legit. Then, 5 years from now, when the in-laws come to visit, you can drive through some absolute crap part of town and point at some rando apartment and say, "That was where I lived when I first moved here."
:pray: That would be sweeeet.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »
or you could not rely on hand outs and lie and just tell the future FiL what the plan is like a good person would do. but hey im sure youll get the truth out during your wedding vows or something.

good luck, ydarg.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
I lived in some shitty neighborhoods. Let me know if you need some leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2014, 02:28:10 PM »
or you could not rely on hand outs and lie and just tell the future FiL what the plan is like a good person would do. but hey im sure youll get the truth out during your wedding vows or something.

good luck, ydarg.

Family definitely doesn't have the funds to help me, nor would I ever ask. FiL actually is not the worry, the MiL is the one who would be vehemently against the whole thing. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2014, 02:32:18 PM »
That being the case, you shouldn't set up the ruse.  Don't endorse MiL issues before even having said MiL.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2014, 02:43:48 PM »
That being the case, you shouldn't set up the ruse.  Don't endorse MiL issues before even having said MiL.

Hence the initial aversion to lying. I feel like there is something to be said about garnering and nourishing respect with the ILs.

Back on topic kinda, how soon do those ITK suggest following up with an application? ( I could just google it, but I trust the EMAW communities honest opinions)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »

Hence the initial aversion to lying. I feel like there is something to be said about garnering and nourishing respect with the ILs.

Back on topic kinda, how soon do those ITK suggest following up with an application? ( I could just google it, but I trust the EMAW communities honest opinions)

I really hope your resume is some sort of nifty infographic thing.  Tell me it is, right?