Author Topic: Burp  (Read 8195 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Burp
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:24 PM »

Burp

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:32:45 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Burp
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 09:39:21 PM »
so is harry reid in the mafia or not  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 10:25:19 PM »
so is harry reid in the mafia or not  :dunno:

Working on it.  Researching the claims one of Harry's big time contributors, who is facing major legal troubles in Nevada had plans for the land.

But as of now it's just a guy trying to get out of paying fees, who would have been better served paying the fee's, and then trying to expose any nefarious activities.   There might be something to claim that the BLM was using the fee's paid by other ranchers to in turn by those ranchers out, but that's just a claim by the Bundy family that's not been brought to light. 

It would surprise, or shouldn't surprise anyone if Reid and family were involved in some form or fashion, but as of now, the non-fee paying Rancher is just playing into the hands of Feds. 

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:27:46 AM »
Maybe the rancher is just a freeloader trying to take advantage. 

Why would he think it's okay for him not to pay, while others do?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 06:52:02 AM »
rancher sounds like a free loader on the federal government's land teet

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:17:45 AM »
Um, I think I pretty much addressed the guy didn't pay the bill and should have.   Albeit he claims he tried to pay his fees to Clark County, NV which is a typical tactic in these types of situations.

Like I SAID, he should have been paying his fee's, and if in fact what he and his family claim is true.  That being the BLM has essentially used receipt of grazing fees as funds to buy out ranchers for an agenda outside of the domain of conservation.  He could have taken that to the courts or to media etc. etc.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 08:19:15 AM »
sounds like he has a problem following directions

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »
All of the federal land should be given back to the states.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 09:20:57 AM »

It is a bit shocking when you see that the Gov't owns about 90% of Nevada.   The concept of gov't stewardship of land is a bit comical at times when you consider the Nuclear Test Site in Nevada.  Or the fact that after years of litigation the gov't was forced to admit they essentially tossed highly toxic materials in an open air pit at Area 51 and threw some gas and a match on it.

Also, when you consider the Reid families heavy involvement in solar panel field development and ties to entities lingering on the fringes of this situation, coupled with the fact that the new BLM head is a Reid puppet . . . no one should be surprised if or when there's more fire to that smoke.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 09:24:10 AM »

It is a bit shocking when you see that the Gov't owns about 90% of Nevada.   The concept of gov't stewardship of land is a bit comical at times when you consider the Nuclear Test Site in Nevada.  Or the fact that after years of litigation the gov't was forced to admit they essentially tossed highly toxic materials in an open air pit at Area 51 and threw some gas and a match on it.

Also, when you consider the Reid families heavy involvement in solar panel field development and ties to entities lingering on the fringes of this situation, coupled with the fact that the new BLM head is a Reid puppet . . . no one should be surprised if or when there's more fire to that smoke.

So where else would we test nukes?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34:37 AM »
What was the original post?  I was waiting for this topic.  Like I'm totally a gun toting freedom loving American, but I'm also a conservationist, and this dude clearly broke the law, abused public lands, and the BLM's actions were way overdue.  I can't understand there being any intelligent disagreement over this.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 11:43:44 AM »
What was the original post?  I was waiting for this topic.  Like I'm totally a gun toting freedom loving American, but I'm also a conservationist, and this dude clearly broke the law, abused public lands, and the BLM's actions were way overdue.  I can't understand there being any intelligent disagreement over this.

Yes, the guy was clearly trespassing and needs to pay up or keep his cattle off the land.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »
Had a buddy who was just out there for a golf trip to Henderson and that weird ghost town.  said there are BLM agents everywhere, strapped to the gills.  said the guy had claimed some kind of "range war"...

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »
Yeah, but they built that fence really quick... Government  :shakesfist:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 02:55:03 PM »
So, I'm just piecing this thing together from Facebook.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ranchers were paying the government to let their cattle graze on federal property.  Then, about 25 years ago, the government decided to not allow the ranchers to lease the property anymore because there was an endangered turtle living there.  Some of the ranchers decided that wasn't a good enough reason to stop them from using the land and have continued to use the land for the last 25 years without paying for it?  Now the government is going to seize their cattle and a bunch of crazy militia people have shown up with guns to fight the BLM?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »

Ranchers were paying the government to let their cattle graze on federal property.  Then, about 25 years ago, the government decided to not allow the ranchers to lease the property anymore because there was an endangered turtle living there.  Some of the ranchers decided that wasn't a good enough reason to stop them from using the land and have continued to use the land for the last 25 years without paying for it?  Now the government is going to seize their cattle and a bunch of crazy militia people have shown up with guns to fight the BLM?

That's mostly correct.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »

I think he just stopped paying, because they say he owes a ton of money.

The turtle thing is fairly new. It's what they do when they want to use the land for something else or just to keep people away eg, a lizard in western texas.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »
these dudes need to pay up

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
Where does the whole states rights issue come in here?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 03:57:12 PM »
these dudes need to pay up

Not only that, the BLM should no longer lease any land to this dude or his family*.  They clearly cannot be trusted.  eff them.

*-they should, at minimum, put the limited grazing rights up for public bid

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
Where does the whole states rights issue come in here?

The locals think the BLM doesn't have the right to forcibly confiscate property (cattle).  Locals thought the sheriff's office ought to arrest the BLM agents on trespassing, theft, assault, weapons charges, etc.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 04:03:49 PM »
FWIW guys, many many ranchers completely abuse the crap out of these grazing leases.  I've seen it on BLM land, even though their mission "is to manage and conserve the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations under our mandate of multiple-use and sustained yield."  BLM is part of Department of Interior.

These ranchers (some, not all) treat BLM land for which they own leases as their own private land.  They attempt to block public access and at times intimidate other people from legally accessing the land. 

They graze the grass to the nub, pollute water sources, and ruin habitat for native wildlife.

I've seen the same on National Grasslands land, too.  Which is rough ridin' stupid because the grasslands are part of the National Forest system which is overseen by the Department of Agriculture.  That's fox watching the hen house type crap, and I hate it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »
Ranchers are as big of losers as farmers?   :sdeek:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 04:09:02 PM »
Ranchers are as big of losers as farmers?   :sdeek:

Well, I didn't say that.  These guys make a go of things in places where crops can't even be cultivated, so that deserves some respect.  But, this land use entitlement pisses me off.  It's our land.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:37 PM »
The BLM is the federal government's "profiteering" arm. They hold millions of acres in "trust," but then lease it to the highest bidder.  After the bidder takes possession they change the rules (see the "lesser prairie chicken's impact on O & G leases).

It would be like if a credit card company issued you a 0% interest credit card, waited for you transfer a large balance, then changed the interest rate to the usury limit.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd