Author Topic: Hillary LOL (f/k/a Hillary Clinton Indictment Watch f/k/a Hillary 2016?)  (Read 335333 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hillary 2016? (Now Hillary Clinton Indictment Watch)
« Reply #2150 on: August 16, 2016, 11:05:58 AM »
good lord, you idiots.

I admittedly can be an idiot at times.  I know you have posted two articles on money and it's actual vs perceived effects.  This must be a good example of when I am indeed an idiot because I can't help to wonder why very rich ppl continue to throw money away if it doesn't buy them things such as no bid contracts(haliburton), some sort of favorable benefit as pork in legislation, or possibly a slight policy advantage that benefits their business, etc. 

I mean, if you are a billionaire, you didn't get there by throwing money away for nothing.

This one is a couple of years old. Maybe things have drastically changed since.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/money-pretty-good-predictor-will-win-elections/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: August 16, 2016, 11:22:55 AM »
I can't help to wonder why very rich ppl continue to throw money away if it doesn't buy them things.

when a billionaire buys a ferrari, do you have the expectation that the billionaire will make money on the purchase?  what is the point of accumulating money if you do not spend it on things that matter to you?

a ferrari may be a bad example, actually.  sub in almost any other luxury purchase.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: August 16, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/money-pretty-good-predictor-will-win-elections/

that's not a study, it's a (really rough) correlation.  incumbents tend to win.  incumbents tend to have more money.  what causes what?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: August 16, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »
I can't help to wonder why very rich ppl continue to throw money away if it doesn't buy them things.

when a billionaire buys a ferrari, do you have the expectation that the billionaire will make money on the purchase?  what is the point of accumulating money if you do not spend it on things that matter to you?

a ferrari may be a bad example, actually.  sub in almost any other luxury purchase.

Any substituted luxury purchase nabs that billionaire a luxury item.  Even high money gambling has a possible reward.  I can't think of one where it results in the person getting absolutely nothing in return.  Even charitable donations give them prominence/reputation.  It just doesn't pass the logic test, imo.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 16, 2016, 11:51:16 AM »

that's not a study, it's a (really rough) correlation.  incumbents tend to win.  incumbents tend to have more money.  what causes what?

Why do incumbents have more money?  More time fundraising over the past term?  I haven't looked but I would bet there are a large amt of examples where they earn more money over the exact same time period as challengers.  Ppl betting on the person already in the job, knowing the percentages.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 16, 2016, 11:56:27 AM »
Any substituted luxury purchase nabs that billionaire a luxury item.  Even high money gambling has a possible reward.  I can't think of one where it results in the person getting absolutely nothing in return.  Even charitable donations give them prominence/reputation.  It just doesn't pass the logic test, imo.

it doesn't buy them nothing.  it buys them the possibility of influencing policy (and certainly, being a high profile political donor confers more prominence/reputation than being a high profile philanthropist).

it is not that they expect no return, it is that they (the big donors, certainly there are smaller donors, especially at state and local levels that are basically transactional) expect a non-monetary return.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 16, 2016, 11:58:31 AM »
More time fundraising over the past term?
Ppl betting on the person already in the job, knowing the percentages.

yes and yes.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 16, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »

it doesn't buy them nothing.  it buys them the possibility of influencing policy (and certainly, being a high profile political donor confers more prominence/reputation than being a high profile philanthropist).

it is not that they expect no return, it is that they (the big donors, certainly there are smaller donors, especially at state and local levels that are basically transactional) expect a non-monetary return.

We may be discussing two different things.  It seems you are agreeing with me. 

I think you are addressing, specifically, the impact money has on getting someone the office, not the effect it has on them once in office.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: August 16, 2016, 12:13:53 PM »
my understanding of what you think is that these mega donors like adelson, the kochs, soros, etc., are donating because they expect/hope to influence policy to ultimately reap some monetary benefit.  i am arguing that they expect/hope to influence policy because they wish to change policy for ideological reasons, with little to no consideration of any monetary benefit.

as a separate argument, i think it is fairly clear that frequently they have been able to achieve very little with their donations.  but that is at least partially because the politicians/donors spend their money poorly.  if you look at the kochs, for example, they seem to be directing their recent money more effectively (local/state elections, provision of legislative templates, etc).  some of that may just be steering clear of trump, but not entirely.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: August 16, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »
Start a new thread.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: August 16, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »
Central Banks exiting US debt at record pace.  National debt up 118% under Obama.

This is fine, just numbers, stay the course.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 17, 2016, 01:17:55 AM »
Oh look sys cryptic strikes again with nothing, as usual.

i don't like to put a lot of effort into a post that may or may not get any response.  if someone engages me, i'll usually put in a little effort, but not for an observation just cast into the waters.

at any rate, my comment wasn't directed at you, if you care.
And sys skyrockets up my charts

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 17, 2016, 06:37:27 AM »
President Clinton.  Trump just fired all of his advisors. Very bad.  Kissing my butt good bye.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: August 17, 2016, 06:44:38 AM »
eff yeah!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: August 17, 2016, 07:02:33 AM »
Poor Hil having to cling to every railing and table at Biden's house yesterday just to hold herself up.  Stumbled (again) while walking.   

The weight of the corruption??

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: August 17, 2016, 07:04:55 AM »
FDR?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 17, 2016, 07:07:05 AM »
man, biden was amaze yesterday  :love:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: August 17, 2016, 08:22:53 AM »
Poor Hil having to cling to every railing and table at Biden's house yesterday just to hold herself up.  Stumbled (again) while walking.   

The weight of the corruption??

Maybe she'll die shortly after winning and we can get President oscar Weber instead.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 17, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »
Maybe she'll die shortly after winning and we can get President oscar Weber instead.

:love:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hillary 2016? (Now Hillary Clinton Indictment Watch)
« Reply #2169 on: August 17, 2016, 10:19:47 AM »
Hillary's chief aides hate Israel, no wonder Hillary hasn't met a Muslim theocrat she didn't love or take money from.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: August 17, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »
Hey imagine that, illegal picked to run get out the vote by Clinton campaign has direct ties to Soro's

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 17, 2016, 10:27:04 AM »
Hey imagine that, illegal picked to run get out the vote by Clinton campaign has direct ties to Soro's
this was a confusing post to read

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 17, 2016, 10:28:59 AM »
this was a confusing post to read

Just think Hillary ='s Corruption and beholden to humanitarian posers who in reality are draconian monetary and financial collapse ghouls.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 17, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »
Noted.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile