Author Topic: Spring Football Insider Information Thread  (Read 42857 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Football Insider Information Thread
« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2014, 08:56:42 AM »
These types of things play themselves out.  :cyclist:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:16:48 AM by WackySquawk08 »

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »
Burns as #1 cb is a surprise, but a nice one.

Not sure what to think about a guy who was behind Dorrian Roberts last year being our #1 CB right now.

One thing I took away from those Sams Instagrams was that our DBs don't look much better.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:19 PM »
McDaniel looks like he may be very good, seems to be physical.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:24 PM »

McDaniel looks like he may be very good, seems to be physical.

Lick Neckey, keep up the stud posting

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 17, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »
K-State opens spring aiming to contendApril 16, 2014 3:00:59 PM PDTBy Jake Trotter

Kansas State went into the 2013 season with hopes of defending its Big 12 title. Those hopes quickly vanished after the Wildcats lost their first three Big 12 games.

But after a sizzling finish coupled with the return of several key performers, K-State opened spring ball this month with its eyes turned back to the Big 12 crown.

“I definitely think we have the confidence and talent to play with anyone,” quarterback Jake Waters said. “I’m not saying we’re going undefeated. But we can play with anyone in this league and anyone in the country. We’re going to have a chance to win every game.”

The Wildcats have good reason to feel confident about contending for the Big 12 title again.

They closed out last season winning six of their final seven games, including a 31-14 dismantling of Michigan in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.

They also have a confident returning quarterback in Waters, who rapidly improved after transferring in from junior college. In fact, during that seven game stretch, Waters produced a better Adjusted Total QBR than All-Big 12 quarterback Bryce Petty while throwing for 14 touchdowns to just four interceptions (he threw four interceptions alone in K-State’s first two games against North Dakota State and Louisiana-Lafayette).

“My confidence is night and day from when I first got here and even maybe during the season,” said Waters, who eventually bumped Daniel Sams out of K-State’s two-quarterback system (Sams is playing receiver this spring). “Towards the end of the year, it started to click for me. The game started to slow down. I was able to see the coverages better and see the things I wanted to get to.”

Of course, Waters also benefited from having one of the best security blankets in all of college football in All-Big 12 wideout Tyler Lockett, who could be a preseason All-American going into his senior season.

Despite missing two games earlier in the season with injury, Lockett led the league in receiving yards per game (105.2). As Waters settled in, Lockett became almost uncoverable, hauling in 278 yards and three touchdowns in late November against Oklahoma before reeling in three first-half touchdown catches in the bowl game against Michigan.

“It’s pretty awesome for a quarterback to have a guy like him,” Waters said. “I’m confident he’s going to get open every single time. I know where he’s going to be, what he’s going to do, and that’s a big help. Me and him have a great connection.”

The Wildcats, however, won’t merely be a two-man show next season.

Veteran center BJ Finney and guard Cody Whitehair are All-Big 12-caliber offensive linemen. The Wildcats also inked one of the top-rated juco wideouts in the country in Andre Davis, who enrolled early and is participating in spring ball.

“He can fly,” Waters said of Davis. “That’s another weapon we need to be able to use.”

The Wildcats also welcome back All-Big 12 defensive linemen Travis Britz and Ryan Mueller, who was second in the league last season with 11 ½ sacks.

With the playmakers on both sides of the ball, Mueller said he sees likenesses this spring between the makeup of this team and the one that won the Big 12 title two years ago.

“I do see some similarities as far as talent level,” Mueller said of the 2012 Wildcats, who featured both conference players of the year in quarterback Collin Klein and linebacker Arthur Brown. “We have strong impact players. The teams are very similar that way, and we’re looking forward to showcasing that.”

These Wildcats still have obstacles to overcome before matching what those Wildcats accomplished.

K-State has no experienced running back to replace graduated three-year starter John Hubert, and coach LHC Bill Snyder didn’t seem overly pleased with the position thus far while speaking with reporters Tuesday.

The Wildcats must also find a place in the offensive gameplan for Sams, who, outside of Lockett, is the team’s most explosive playmaker.

K-State will also be leaning heavily on several junior-college players, including defensive tackle Terrell Clinkscales and linebacker D'Vonta Derricott, who won’t be joining the team until the summer.

But the way they finished last season, the Wildcats have the same goal they did early last year.

And that’s to be a contender.

“We showed (late last year) what we’re capable of doing,” Mueller said. “We’re looking forward to doing bigger and better things in 2014.”

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=ncfnation&id=94676&src=desktop&wjb

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »
Lockett was pretty hurt you guys

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2014, 11:15:09 AM »

???

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »
Burns as #1 cb is a surprise, but a nice one.

Not sure what to think about a guy who was behind Dorrian Roberts last year being our #1 CB right now.

One thing I took away from those Sams Instagrams was that our DBs don't look much better.

Yeah, Nate Jackson got burned on one of them. I hope McDaniel or Mack can step up.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
You guys are taking all of that from instagram?  :buh-bye:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »
can you guys imagine the BSFS roar after d sams' first catch?

:ksu:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2014, 01:15:02 PM »

I'd put it on par to when a deep bench player on the basketball team makes a layup. x10

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »

I'd put it on par to when a deep bench player on the basketball team makes a layup. x10

Don't compare it to that.  I don't like that you compared it to that.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2014, 01:20:53 PM »
horrible comparison

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2014, 01:32:27 PM »

I think science can prove it was a decent comparo. Approx 12500 people at the end of the game when deep bench player makes a layup.  Studies show 82% of them cheer in those situation, thus 10250 people cheering. Well, he said like that but 10x that. So it would be like 102,500 people cheering. HOWEVER, BSFS holds about 50k people so to make it even, it's like every single person in the stadium cheers twice as loud as normal. Pretty apt, I think know because of science (facts) .
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »

Like the punt block TD against OU in 2000.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2014, 01:53:13 PM »

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 :ohno:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2014, 01:57:59 PM »

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 :ohno:

Surgery...
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2014, 02:13:37 PM »

I hate when that happens.

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2014, 02:18:22 PM »

I hate when that happens.

Ryan Patzwald
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »

I think science can prove it was a decent comparo. Approx 12500 people at the end of the game when deep bench player makes a layup.  Studies show 82% of them cheer in those situation, thus 10250 people cheering. Well, he said like that but 10x that. So it would be like 102,500 people cheering. HOWEVER, BSFS holds about 50k people so to make it even, it's like every single person in the stadium cheers twice as loud as normal. Pretty apt, I think know because of science (facts) .

Mad science skills Kf.  :thumbsup:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2014, 03:41:08 PM »

oh geez. incredible post.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »

I hate you now.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »

and just think of how great he will look after getting up and being excited  :popcorn:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2014, 03:49:07 PM »

and just think of how great he will look after getting up and being excited  :popcorn:

He'll be happy and i'll be happy for him.