Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 361690 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So with ONE EPISODE LEFT, a report card on what Seasons 7-8 did with every major character....

Cersei Lannister: After 6 seasons of Cersei being a generally despicable character doing generally interesting things, even some smart things such as getting the jump on Ned and obliterating her enemies in the Sept, in Seasons 7-8 Cersei does.... almost nothing. She does do the smart thing of betraying her enemies in The Great War, but otherwise when she’s not banging Ueron Greyjoy she spends most of her screentime smirking at a balcony before ultimately creeping down to the basement of the Red Keep to be buried. Huh.

Jamie Lannister: After 6 amazing seasons wherein we watched Jamie transform from a despicable monster who literally pushed a kid out the window and murdered his cousin to get back to sleeping with his twin sister, to a conflicted but honorable man who aided Brienne in helping the Stark girls, Seasons 7-8 see him abandon Cersei to do the right thing, do right by Brienne, only to.... abandon Brienne and rather than return to KL to stop Cersei he tries to escape with her only to be buried under the Red Keep. Huh.

Tyrion Lannister: After 6 seasons of Tyrion generally being the best character in the show, Seasons 7-8 relegate Jim to a supporting character and he generally ranges from sucky to boring.

Dany Targ: After 6 seasons where she rises from being sold to a warlord to amassing an army and three dragons to cross the narrow sea to reclaim her throne.... in Seasons 7-8 she makes one stupid decision after another and then suddenly goes crazy and firebombs the civilians of KL for no reason whatsoever. Huh.

Jon Snow: After 6 seasons where he rises from a bastard son of Ned Stark to Lord Commander to King in the North, where the dude is literally killed and resurrected.... in Seasons 7-8 it’s finally revealed that he is the Song of Ice and Fire - the trueborn son of Targ and Stark and rightful heir to the Iron Throne. And then he basically does jack crap against the Night King, jack crap in the battle of KL, and generally sulks and claims allegiance to Dany.

Sansa Stark: She gets way too much screentime being a dumbass in Season 7-8, but to be fair that was par for the course over the entire series.

Arya Stark: Spends the first six seasons honing her craft and nursing her grudge against Cersei and then.... in Season 7-8 she jumps out of nowhere to kill the Night King and then does absolutely nothing against Cersei.

Bran Stark: Become the 3ER who can see anything in the past and control other people and animals and has some connection to the Night King and then... in Seasons 7-8 he provides some flashbacks to further the plot and then does absolutely nothing against the Night King except sit under a tree as bait because the Night King “wants to snuff out our memories.”

White Walkers: Really, I don’t need to go into this again.

Hey - they at least got Cleganbowl right!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They did peg the cleg bowl, respect

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really don’t have any issues with the Jaime/Cersei story. One of the only consistent plots throughout the entire series. The Euron battle was ridiculous but I did enjoy the “I’m the man who killed Jamie Lanister” line.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I really don’t have any issues with the Jaime/Cersei story. One of the only consistent plots throughout the entire series. The Euron battle was ridiculous but I did enjoy the “I’m the man who killed Jamie Lanister” line.

Unfortunately for Euron, nobody will ever know he even fought with Jamie Lanister.  They'll find his dead body by the beach, and Jamie was crushed by debris, so both lose. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That’s why it was funny. No one really cares.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm really looking forward to see how Dany is going to explain herself.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm really looking forward to see how Dany is going to explain herself.

Not sure she’s going to live long enough to have a chance
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
dragon though

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This thing broken?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It was a good ending. I’m still deeply disappointed with the fizzling of the WW and Jamie storylines, but everything else was satisfying enough.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Boat loads of feel good in this one.  I admit I laughed when Tyrion uncovered his siblings bodies in the rubble of the red keep. Glad it’s over.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I’m still processing
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
All of that for Bran?  The Night's Watch is still a thing with no purpose just as method for Jon to go north?  I just can't believe they put 8 seasons in just to end up with Bran.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
i guess the joke's on us.  ha ha, you got us pretty good, showrunners.  eight rough ridin' years.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bron getting all the castles.   :lol:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I enjoyed it  :Chirp:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This season missed a ton of context.  There was way too much fast-forwarding.  I think a large majority would have been fine with all the events if the development was done correctly for viewers.  Hopefully GRRM can put more time into that with the books. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The first prequel I think has a working title of bloodmoon and is loosely based on the genesis of the house Lannister and Bran the builder and crap. I think they are already filming it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
pretty anti-climatic, don't really care. 

when viewed in its entirety, i'd give the show a 7/10

time to move on to higher quality writing such as is found on the bachelorette and temptation island

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread
« Reply #4823 on: May 20, 2019, 09:36:18 AM »
For where they started, I thought the finale was fine. There was really no coming back from the way they killed off the White Walkers, though.

I’m also still confused on why they felt so rushed to end such a cash cow for HBO.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I am mad that Deadwood just has a movie as a finale now and that Powers Boothe and Ricky Jay are already dead.  HBO has made so many mistakes.

Rome getting cancelled?  YOU'RE CANCELLED HBO!