Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 361728 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not spending 15 seconds on Jon saying goodbye to ghost was just tragic. Same with not showing us Sansa and arya's reaction to learning about aegon.
The wolves haven't done crap so who cares.

Sansa's Aegon reaction was going straight to Tyrion to tell on him, she's cold blooded now.

Her convo with the hound was equally icy, RIP little dove.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sansa's development would be as interesting as Arya's except Sansa still hasn't done anything worth a crap.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Sansa's development would be as interesting as Arya's except Sansa still hasn't done anything worth a crap.
She had littlefinger executed

:dunno:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seems pretty likely that the Jamie/Brienne parting makes zero sense because it’s another head fake for the audience. He’s not really pulling a 180. That would be dumb.

It also makes zero sense for him to lie to Brienne about his true plan. Except that the purpose of the lie/nonsensical action isn’t for Brienne - it’s to set up a surprise for us. This is something the writers have been doing a lot lately. Other examples are the Sansa/Arya feud orchestrated by LF, and Sansa’s decision to keep her Vale army a secret from Jon.

So Jamie’s headed back to KL to do exactly what he did before with the Mad King (maybe he’ll kill Qyburn, too). How poetic.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
no jamie is going back to be with and protect cersei. he'll probably get captured on the way though.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I am 100% certain Jaime kills Cersei in the final episode.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Honestly at this point I don’t really GAF how they end it provided they have a few decent prequel spinoffs to keep feeding me.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
In
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I can’t tell if I didn’t like this episode because it wasn’t very good, or because the whole direction of the story feels so stoopid at this point. Oh, and evidently Jon Snow, for whom the entire series is based, is now an afterthought.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
dragons are invincible again, so that's nice.  a little surprised at the amount of structural damage a good dragonburn can inflict on masonry, to be honest.

arya killing dany will be fun, i hope.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
We all knew it all along. eff that bleached blonde bitch.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
How the directors thought there was only enough content for 6 episodes blows my mind.  If they wanted to go this direction...fine.  It needed a lot more development.  I would argue this season should have been dedicated to White Walkers only, and a separate season on Dany’s downfall and overtaking King’s Landing.

Now we have one episode left to watch Arya kill Dany and wrap up the rest of this show.  Or, we have 1 episode left that shows Bran waking up North of the wall after foreshadowing these events.  He sends Raven to have her killed before she sails to Westeros.  In parallel, he kills Sam so Gilly’s baby is donated to the White Walkers and they never march towards the wall.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that was wild. what the hell dany?!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you can lay any blame for plot missteps at the feet of grrm

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dany has always shown a proclivity for sadism and violence.  She wanted to "break the wheel" but that ended when EVERYONE she trusted died or betrayed her.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Was Tyrion the worst Hand of the Queen ever?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile

nah.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

nah.

either he told the writers how the books end (and it's this garbage) or he didn't tell them. if he didn't tell them, it's still his fault because he hasn't published a book since 2011.
don't blame the writer of Troy (2004) for just being himself.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

nah.

Agreed, GRRM is not the problem. He provided more than enough excellent source material to lead to any number of satisfying conclusions. It's more like the show runners completely forgot all the masterful work they did on season 1-4, and to a lesser extend 5-6, setting up all these great characters and story lines.

Seasons 7 and 8 are like a completely different show. This isn't a matter of being disappointed with how one character or another ends up - it's a matter of basically putting seasons 1-6 into the shredder. The White Walkers? Turns out not such a serious problem. Jon Snow? Turns out he won't really play any significant role with defeating the White Walkers or Cersei. Jamie Lannister? Turns out after a remarkable arc of character development, instead of completing his redemption he'll return to be buried with Cersei and do nothing of significance. Dany suddenly decides to napalm innocent men, women, and children even though it was completely unnecessary? So, like, she just suddenly goes mad? First Arya takes on far greater significance than she deserves in the White Walker plot line, and then she has absolutely zero significance in the Cersei plot line?! What in the seven hells is this crap?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
"suddenly goes mad" - my favorite compliant yet lol. She's been threatening to burn cities to the ground since early season 2 and now that everyone who has stopped her from doing that in the past has betrayed her or died, people are surprised she burnt a city to the ground. This has literally been her first instinct since she got dragons.

OK.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

nah.

Agreed, GRRM is not the problem. He provided more than enough excellent source material to lead to any number of satisfying conclusions. It's more like the show runners completely forgot all the masterful work they did on season 1-4, and to a lesser extend 5-6, setting up all these great characters and story lines.

Seasons 7 and 8 are like a completely different show. This isn't a matter of being disappointed with how one character or another ends up - it's a matter of basically putting seasons 1-6 into the shredder. The White Walkers? Turns out not such a serious problem. Jon Snow? Turns out he won't really play any significant role with defeating the White Walkers or Cersei. Jamie Lannister? Turns out after a remarkable arc of character development, instead of completing his redemption he'll return to be buried with Cersei and do nothing of significance. Dany suddenly decides to napalm innocent men, women, and children even though it was completely unnecessary? So, like, she just suddenly goes mad? First Arya takes on far greater significance than she deserves in the White Walker plot line, and then she has absolutely zero significance in the Cersei plot line?! What in the seven hells is this crap?
On Dany . . .

The Wildfire was exploding last night because her father put it all around under the city, that’s why Jaime killed him. 

It also makes perfect sense that Jaime and Cersi die together because they started the whole mess.    But are they really dead.

But I do agree these wrap ups are very disappointing.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

nah.

it seems like a different show because the writers are out on their own now. and i blame grrm for that because he hasn't finished his books. these guys are really good at running a show, but asking them to satisfyingly end an enormously epic fantasy book series that they didn't even start was a mistake.