Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 366666 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Lady Tyrell being awesome until the bitter end. :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Lady Tyrell being awesome until the bitter end. :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.  That was great.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Man, tough ending for the sand snakes tho.  Ouch.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the ending for the sand snakes was pretty awful.  but, I was hoping for something a bit more gruesome - assumed Sir Gregor would explode some heads or something. 

also, pretty stupid question, I'm sure, but why isn't Sansa automatically the Queen of the North?  Or, notwithstanding Bran being a complete weirdo/creepster now, shouldn't he automatically be King, whether he wants to or not?  isn't that way monarchy back then worked?   

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the ending for the sand snakes was pretty awful.  but, I was hoping for something a bit more gruesome - assumed Sir Gregor would explode some heads or something. 

also, pretty stupid question, I'm sure, but why isn't Sansa automatically the Queen of the North?  Or, notwithstanding Bran being a complete weirdo/creepster now, shouldn't he automatically be King, whether he wants to or not?  isn't that way monarchy back then worked?

They both have strong claims, but neither would get the throne unless the sitting king decided to give it to them or they managed to get enough support from local nobles to defeat the sitting king in war. Possession was 90% of the law then, too.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

They both have strong claims, but neither would get the throne unless the sitting king decided to give it to them or they managed to get enough support from local nobles to defeat the sitting king in war. Possession was 90% of the law then, too.

yeah, but how did the sitting king (Jon Snow) get it in the first place - other then being a leader/warrior, etc?  as long as the blood line was alive, seems like it would go to the oldest male heir or, if presumed non existed, to the oldest female heir. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yeah, but how did the sitting king (Jon Snow) get it in the first place - other then being a leader/warrior, etc?  as long as the blood line was alive, seems like it would go to the oldest male heir or, if presumed non existed, to the oldest female heir.

He took it from the acting warden of the north on the battlefield.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Dany/Jon meeting was realllllly talky. This is arguably one of the most important events in the series so far, and it detracted from the scene that they had to vocalize all of their motivations.

Tyrian is finally getting some quality screen time. :thumbs:

Cersei is at her best as a character when she's enjoying a steaming hot plate of revenge. Holy Cersei! Ditto for Lady O - what a finish. Oh and Euron is definitely getting way better as a character!

So Bran decides to trigger some extremely painful memories for Sansa just to prove he can see stuff? I would have gone with "btw, Jon and Meera are half-Targaryan twins."

And damn - time and space is starting to get realllly flexible in this series. Jon traveling from Winterfell to Dragonstone, Greyworm and Euron sailing their navies to the other side of Westeros, Jorah all healed up. All in the blink of an eye. And the battles in this episode were both extremely underproduced for their significance. Everything feels kind of rushed and slopped together this season - more like checking off boxes.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
That siege of casterly rock with voice over was the worst scene in the series 
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i wonder if the producers have unlimited $$ to hyper produce all the scenes in the show or if they have to use discretion and leverage their knowledge of what's going to happen in the show when deciding how much time and money to spend telling the story.  who knows, somewhat of a big time mystery i've stumbled upon.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I won't be satisfied until Daenerys bangs Jon Snow.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
btw, Jon and Meera are half-Targaryan twins

I understand the logic behind this theory, but there was not a second child in the Tower of Joy scene.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
btw, Jon and Meera are half-Targaryan twins

I understand the logic behind this theory, but there was not a second child in the Tower of Joy scene.

Damn right you understand the logic. And we don't know for certain there wasn't a second child in that scene - they may have only shown us one. :woot: Even if the show wusses out, it's gonna be in the books (eventually)!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Smdh

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That siege of casterly rock with voice over was the worst scene in the series

It was pretty bad.

And I get that they don't have unlimited resources - that doesn't change the fact that it looked very slopped togeher.

Back when they had even less money, they were planning on not showing the Battle of Blackwater Bay at all - just describing it in soldiers' reports to Cersei. Glad they didn't do that.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
With only about 13 or so hours left in the series, time is more valuable resource than money is at this point. GOT prints cash for HBO.

The siege scene could have been better, but there has been little build up for it compared to the other major battles (Blackwater, Castle Black, Bastards) in earlier seasons. Better to just move the pieces into place and continue moving forward.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
With only about 13 or so hours left in the series, time is more valuable resource than money is at this point. GOT prints cash for HBO.

The siege scene could have been better, but there has been little build up for it compared to the other major battles (Blackwater, Castle Black, Bastards) in earlier seasons. Better to just move the pieces into place and continue moving forward.

They would have 20 hours left if they wouldn't have told HBO they only wanted 13, though.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

They would have 20 hours left if they wouldn't have told HBO they only wanted 13, though.

Right. And it's the Battle for Casterly Rock. Tyrion storming his own castle! I get not showing the battle for Highgarden - totally unnecessary, but Casterly Rock is this almost mythical place in the books (I know it's all mythical) often mentioned but almost never "seen." Maybe it'll stay that way in the books - who knows - but the show really slopped through it.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
What if the true Battle of Casterly Rock is the one that hasn't taken place yet?

:Wha:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I don't care if they show the siege or not but the way they did it was terrible. I mean late seasons of dexter type terrible.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I won't be satisfied until Daenerys bangs Jon Snow.
You guys are focusing on the wrong things here.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The show runners basically turning Bran in to Rain Man is very lol.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
like his sister hugs him and it does not register at all, then he nerds out trying to explain the 3 eyed raven, then he talks about watching his sister get raped and how beautiful she looked. I mean, what in the world?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
i liked it.  stuff i didn't like were incongruities with previous episodes, where the blame lays more with the previous epis than the current.  and sam not dying of his exposure, of course.

i liked the abbreviated battles.  i hate those chaos of war style battle scenes like in last episode.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was fine with not showing the battle for Casterly Rock, since they used the explanation of entering through the sewers, plus the Lannisters basically abandoning it as a way to explain how easy it was to take. I was more bothered with how quickly and easily Jaime was able to take Highgarden, really. That is a huge castle that should have at least required a long siege.