Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 370974 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
ways to improve game of thrones (stop it from sucking complete ass).

1.  kill sam&gilly.
2.  less dumb illogical crap in general.
3.  more game of thrones/political machinations stuff, less zombie/time travel nonsense.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Speaking of illogical stuff just with respect to Sam/Gilly...
1. Why does nobody have a problem with a SBotNW having a wife and child?
2. Why does Randal Tarley hate wildlings? He's a southern lord who has probably never seen a wildling.
3. Why is Sam still as fat as the day he entered basic training?
4. How is Sam going to become a maester in enough time to be any help at all?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Sam and gilly better turn into dragons during some experiment gone wrong at the citadel.  Otherwise, they should def be killed off.  It's going to be even worse if Sam becomes some bad ass with daddy's sword now.  Ugh.  Just makes me sick thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Speaking of illogical stuff just with respect to Sam/Gilly...
1. Why does nobody have a problem with a SBotNW having a wife and child?
2. Why does Randal Tarley hate wildlings? He's a southern lord who has probably never seen a wildling.
3. Why is Sam still as fat as the day he entered basic training?
4. How is Sam going to become a maester in enough time to be any help at all?

1.  the tv show dispenses with details like that whenever it's convenient.
2.  why does trump hate mexicans?  hatred is just for fun, mostly.
3.  he sits around all day having interminably long boring conversations with gilly and eats extra bread.
4.  he won't.  didn't jon just send him south to keep him from dying since he's of no use in fights?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
stealing the sword was actually a neat thing to do and my favorite thing sam has ever done.  i wish it had been made a plausible action by some prior character development, but at least he finally did something interesting.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I hope he falls on it next time he takes it out.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah I liked that he took the sword, too. But how far does he think they're going to get before daddy finds out? Half a day?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah I liked that he took the sword, too. But how far does he think they're going to get before daddy finds out? Half a day?

undoubtedly someone who has been galloping for hundreds of miles with no idea where he is will randomly intercept his path five seconds before he's captured.  i can't even blame sam for counting on being rescued.  it's pretty reliable.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who does the mountain have to fight?. I bet Jamie gets dragged in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Who does the mountain have to fight?. I bet Jamie gets dragged in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:lol:
Calling it, Heartsbane will be used to kill the Night's King, not necessarily by Sam, but will be a shot right in the chest, bringing around the dragonglass scene full circle (The magic of the children made this monster but its the magic of men that will end him) Because the showrunners, lacking any source material are writing this crap off of drunk half formed GRRM cliffnotes on the story's conclusion.

AND

Quit being mean to Sam and Gilly, they are adorable.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like Sam and Gilly. There's just a whole lotta things about their storyline that don't make sense.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
like halfway through season 2... gay jr king with the jr forsworn crown just got murked by the uterine smoke monster

i want more of your commentary.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
All the lords had bastards and raised them in their castles, of course Sam's mom and sister didn't get pissed at him. They were probably convinced he was going to die a virgin and were happy to have something new in the most gigantic random castle ever. And obviously Sam's dad wasn't exactly cool with the whole sitch.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And I still don't understand the faith militant thing. I thought Cersei already set an alliance between them and the throne? Or did she just arm them?

Also I think all the gods are "real" and are ultimately who are going to duke it out in the end. (7 gods and weird water god included)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
in the end?  is there an end?  i'm not buying it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
And I still don't understand the faith militant thing. I thought Cersei already set an alliance between them and the throne? Or did she just arm them?

Also I think all the gods are "real" and are ultimately who are going to duke it out in the end. (7 gods and weird water god included)

she armed them, but they hate her. if they had a deal, they have rationalized ignoring it due to her sins.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
All the lords had bastards and raised them in their castles, of course Sam's mom and sister didn't get pissed at him. They were probably convinced he was going to die a virgin and were happy to have something new in the most gigantic random castle ever. And obviously Sam's dad wasn't exactly cool with the whole sitch.

the whole story opened with father stark beheading a man for breaking his nightwatcher oath.  it was given to us to understand that it was sort of a big deal.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

the whole story opened with father stark beheading a man for breaking his nightwatcher oath.  it was given to us to understand that it was sort of a big deal.
Good point, but I'd still assume that wouldn't happen to the son of a lord.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
epi needed more Ramsay.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
epi needed more Ramsay.

yeah where has he been?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
epi needed more Ramsay.

yeah where has he been?
Banging chicks and slashing dicks?!  :dunno:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
epi needed more Ramsay.

yeah where has he been?

rough ridin' crap up in Winterfell.

BTW, some of you guys are jaded.  Dany riding a rough ridin' dragon was awesome (trite speech could have been cut short though).