Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 374018 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How someone could not enjoy tonight's episode is a mystery to me.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
How someone could not enjoy tonight's episode is a mystery to me.

Every single story moved forward tonight. Very solid.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Very interesting twist that dragon glass can prevent someone from dying. At this point it seems like we're just making up the rules as we go along...

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the episode, but the warging-Children-White Walkers crap is beginning to be a bit much.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
arya's new haircut is pretty sweet

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
What a crap episode.

sam&gilly had a lot of screen time.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
At this point it seems like we're just making up the rules as we go along...

yes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It was a nice episode, but a let down.  The previews and build up made it seems like we'd finally see some murder death kills with the Sparrow.  I had hopes for a little more action all around. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In retrospect, there was some good stuff here, but yeah it sucked overall. Biggest problem was it felt like they spent half the episode in King's Landing. The Tommen/Sparrow/Cersei storyline is tedious and lame. But silver lining: Jamie is headed to Riverrun to hopefully get back on track with the books, which is a far better treatment for his character! Welcome back Frey - that was good.

Sam and Gilly was ok. So nobody seems to have a problem with Sam breaking his vows with wife/child thing?

The great Uncle Benjen reveal fell flat. It felt perfunctory and overly talky, just to move the story along.

Arya was pretty good. At least we're finally moving on.

So sick of Dany. What a crap character and crap story. Why did they close out the episode with a scene that did nothing? They were already headed to Mereen. The hord was already following her. So she gives another pep talk in dothraki? But she was on a dragon this time! Stupid.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:33:01 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is Margaery really brainwashed or is she just pretending to be brainwashed? She's just pretending, right?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In retrospect, there was some good stuff here, but yeah it sucked overall. Biggest problem was it felt like they spent half the episode in King's Landing. The Tommen/Sparrow/Cersei storyline is tedious and lame. But silver lining: Jamie is headed to Riverrun to hopefully get back on track with the books, which is a far better treatment for his character! Welcome back Frey - that was good.

Sam and Gilly was ok. So nobody seems to have a problem with Sam breaking his vows with wife/child thing?

The great Uncle Benjen reveal fell flat. It felt perfunctory and overly talky, just to move the story along.

Arya was pretty good. At least we're finally moving on.

So sick of Dany. What a crap character and crap story. Why did they close out the episode with a scene that did nothing? They were already headed to Mereen. The hord was already following her. So she gives another pep talk in dothraki? But she was on a dragon this time! Stupid.

i bet you think rainbows and puppy dogs are really lame

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Was that the first time we've seen the Mad King? If so the way Bran's visions went it really does look like he's saying "burn them all" in reference to the White Walkers.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
got my first fart joke! :excited:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
That was a really good episode. Those of you who disagree are mentally deficient in some regard.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd really like to see less clumsy work with Danery.  Oh on one side we're talking about building 1000 ships and hooking up with her.  Oh look, now she needs 1000 ships.  This show is better than that, even if it's superficial. 

I'm really wondering about that theory that the mad king went mad because of a bad worg like Hodor.  Cheapens the story a bit if they start getting into shitty time travel paradoxes, IMO.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Chant is going to be super bummed when the series finale has Dany and the dragons destroying everything

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
^ because that's what is going to happen

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Some peoples complaints are so lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
consistently watching this show at 4 or above is like waking up to a random skyrim save somewhere

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
(pretty fun)

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
 :D  where are you at

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
like halfway through season 2... gay jr king with the jr forsworn crown just got murked by the uterine smoke monster

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Neat

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
As the title of the series indicates, the ending will principally involve Jon and Dany. I expect Dany to play a lead role at the end, but stop wasting precious showtime on her boring crap until she gets to Westeros.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.