Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 370952 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Most of the nudity in the show actually serves some purpose - usually sexual manipulation or violence, but at least some purpose to the story. I don't recall anyone complaining when the guy in the crowd whipped it out during Cersei's Walk of Atonement. Because it served a purpose - it was part of her humiliation. This was just "look - a full frame shot of a penis!" That's dumb.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Penis  :runaway:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
Some really misogynistic douchers up in here. 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Some really misogynistic douchers up in here.

are you surprised?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FYI - the wife was way more upset than I was with it. So no need to project any misogyny ITT.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm also generally in favor of less nudity overall in the show, but I get that some forms of it are a draw for some folks.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
You two deserve each other, woof

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Please stop talking about how weiners offend you so that this thread doesn't turn into something awful.

I'm still in mourning over hodor. So sad.

I hope we get a lot more bran. His story is a lot of fun.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Mrs. Gooch missed last nights 'sode. :lol:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
I enjoy that the white walkers were created by the children of the forest as protection. It makes them more interesting imo that they were a creation and not just a natural thing

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I didn't quite follow how they created the white walkers. Like, did they ever actually do any good or just immediately started murdering everything? It seems like a super poorly thought out plan unless something happened that caused the white walkers to start going after everything.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I didn't quite follow how they created the white walkers. Like, did they ever actually do any good or just immediately started murdering everything? It seems like a super poorly thought out plan unless something happened that caused the white walkers to start going after everything.

no one knows the answer to those questions right now.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just watched it during my lunch break at work.

1. Thank god no one was standing behind me at my desk when that dick shot happened.
2. So Hodors' condition did have something to do with warging, just not exactly how I thought. So Bran was warged into present day Hodor and the past at the same time and past-Wylis got sucked into it somehow.
3. So the Old Gods must be real if the Children had the power to create the Night's King. (P.S. I wonder if that guy was a Stark before they turned him.)
4. Was that direwolf Summer? He looked really white.
5. I did not get the reference to Sansa being pregnant, but now that you mention it maybe. I thought she was just saying that the physical trauma to her body was so bad that the pain of it is still there.
6. OMG why did Hodor have to die?????? :bawl:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Please stop talking about how weiners offend you so that this thread doesn't turn into something awful.

I'm still in mourning over hodor. So sad.

I hope we get a lot more bran. His story is a lot of fun.
Yeah, I've done a 180 on Bran. His story was the most boring part of the show prior to this season, but now it's my favorite story line.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Yeah, bran still sucks and is boring, he just happens to be witnessing cool stuff

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, bran still sucks and is boring, he just happens to be witnessing causing cool terrible stuff

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
I think all the story lines are pretty great.  The Greyjoys story line might be my favorite next to Bran because I'm curious if they will be the ones to help Daenerys across the Narrow Sea.  Where is Theon and his sister going with all the ships?   :fatty:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bran's story is the most interesting, but I really hope they reign in some of the ridiculousness before we find out Bran is actually Ned's father because time travel.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Lol that you believe a ton of this show but draw the line at time travel

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

For me it's right up there with "it was all just a dream." So yea, there's the line for me. Maybe Bran will go back and stop the red wedding from happening, or murder the Mad King as a baby. What then? GMAFB

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

For me it's right up there with "it was all just a dream." So yea, there's the line for me. Maybe Bran will go back and stop the red wedding from happening, or murder the Mad King as a baby. What then? GMAFB

I don't think Bran is going to cause things to happen that didn't happen. I think it is going to be revealed that he was the cause of things that did happen (like what happened to Hodor). Like maybe he will cause the Mad King to go mad.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile

I don't think Bran is going to cause things to happen that didn't happen. I think it is going to be revealed that he was the cause of things that did happen (like what happened to Hodor). Like maybe he will cause the Mad King to go mad.

What if Bran was controlling Jaime Lannister the day Jaime pushed Bran off the tower?  Bran paralyzed himself!  :surprised: and  :fatty: at Bran wanting to get some Cersei via Jaime. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't think Bran is going to be controlling Jaime, but it is possible that future Bran accidentally alerted Jaime to young Bran's presence. (i.e. Jaime wouldn't have looked up except that he heard a noise which was actually created by future Bran.)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I always assumed (or was it described in the books?) that the Iron Born actually did CPR on the people after they drowned them..................So is the Drowned God real then?