Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 373833 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
In the books she was actually with her dragon when the Dothraki found her and the dragon would have mumped them up if they had been mean so I think they'll be cool.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I wonder if Stannis is really dead.

Online WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile

I wondered that too, but what is the point in him being alive?  He lost his daughter, wife, and army.  He is only good for supporting some other person wanting the thrown. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

I wondered that too, but what is the point in him being alive?  He lost his daughter, wife, and army.  He is only good for supporting some other person wanting the thrown.
He earned a filthy on camera death.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I wasn't wondering it because the show has shown every beheading and death in gruesome full detail. Of course he's alive.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

I wasn't wondering it because the show has shown every beheading and death in gruesome full detail. Of course he's alive.

I'm a little annoyed at all the death cliffhangers.  Are these people alive or dead?

-Arya
-Jon Snow
-Stannis
-Sansa
-Theon
-Myrcella

At least some of those people have to actually be dead, right?  Having all of them alive would just be too gimmicky. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'm a little annoyed at all the death cliffhangers.  Are these people alive or dead?

-Arya
-Jon Snow
-Stannis
-Sansa
-Theon
-Myrcella

At least some of those people have to actually be dead, right?  Having all of them alive would just be too gimmicky. 

well it's a tried and true GRMM gimmick so

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

-Arya
-Jon Snow
-Stannis
-Sansa
-Theon
-Myrcella

Alive
Dead for now
Alive
Alive
Alive
Dead forever

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

-Arya
-Jon Snow
-Stannis
-Sansa
-Theon
-Myrcella

I think Myrcella is dead. It would be great if Jon Snow were. I doubt anyone else is.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

-Arya
-Jon Snow
-Stannis
-Sansa
-Theon
-Myrcella

well it's a tried and true GRMM gimmick so

Yes I know, but surely they wouldn't apply the same gimmick to six characters and events in a single episode.  Would come across as tacky and lazy writing.  At least two of those people are dead, dead.  My guess would be Myrcella and Stannis*.

If Stannis is still alive, then Brienne is likely dead.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Is the hound dead?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is the hound dead?

probably not

I think he makes his way back to King's Landing to fight Zombie Mountain during Cersei's trial. Every trial so far has ended in combat.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have we talked about how awful Daario's accent is? He's much better in Orphan Black.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
did you guys smile when Varys showed up to banter with Tyrion one more time? well i sure did

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
How awful was the mountain reveal?  I was hoping for awesome brutal crap, but I got a doofy purple bloated dinosaur squeezed into gold armor that doesn't talk

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have we talked about how awful Daario's accent is? He's much better in Orphan Black.

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to confirm whether that was the same guy like I thought.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Arya is blind, not dead. Why was she even on the possibly dead list?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile

I heard it suggested that possibly Brienne would keep him alive as a bargaining chip to get Sansa back.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh, and Ollie stabbing Jon was some of the most God-awful obvious foreshadowing I've ever seen.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Oh, and Ollie stabbing Jon was some of the most God-awful obvious foreshadowing I've ever seen.

This season had several of those types of too obvious groaners. When Sansa was headed to the tower I called it that Brienne would just miss seeing it by seconds. Predictable / annoying.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
well that was supposed to be painful

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm now on team Cercei.  She's pretty terrible, but I'm really rooting for her to inflict her vengeance on the Sparrow. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Because this is the thread for people who haven't read the books.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Because this is the thread for people who haven't read the books.

Has nothing to do with the books. I didn't take it as she was dead on the show.