Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 370914 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wowsers! Just got caught up last night. I've been on that orange is the new black binge and it's kept me away. I'm going to need some help on what I just saw!

what are you confused about?
Well I was kinda paking last night and the ending is blurry. The dragons came and mumped crap up! Who all died in that battle?

Shireen

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Did that girl have what those stone guys have that touched that one guy who use to be under the queen of dragons? Why hasn't he turned into a stone guy yet?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did that girl have what those stone guys have that touched that one guy who use to be under the queen of dragons? Why hasn't he turned into a stone guy yet?

The girl had it, but was somehow cured because her dad spared no expense in saving her, only to later burn her at the stake.

The guy who used to be under queen of dragons also has it, but it takes time to spread.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
That helped a lot. TY!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Drogon reunion was much more satisfying than in the book, iirc.

Some of the dragon and fighting pit CGI was really top-notch in that last episode.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The girl had it, but was somehow cured because her dad spared no expense in saving her, only to later burn her at the stake.

The guy who used to be under queen of dragons also has it, but it takes time to spread.
In the books, they mention that children often survive grayscale but are left disfigured (I think they even casually mention other children/adults with scars) but that it is always fatal to adults.  Think of it like a nasty version of chickenpox.

Also, to grayscale nerd out, its supposed to be an allegory for leprosy.  Many substances have placeholder names (milk-of-the-poppy:opioum, dragonglass-obsidian, etc) in the series and some of the descriptions of greyscale are similar to medieval qualities of leprosy (those afflicted are considered "unclean", shunned off to colonies of the infirmed).  As such, leprosy is not something just anyone can get.  Only people whose body temperature runs on the low side are susceptible to it.  Dany having dragon's blood is far too spicy for grayscale.  Boom.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Good grief
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Good grief

This was to herrnerdtag, not WackyCat08

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good grief

Don't be jelly, just step your fantasy canon speculative disease fan fiction game up.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Good grief

Don't be jelly, just step your fantasy canon speculative disease fan fiction game up.
I respect your thought process Herr-dor. I was wondering what would happen if the stone people gave their stone disease to the White Walkers. It would be like Boom! Biological warfare bitches.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good grief

I respect your thought process Herr-dor. I was wondering what would happen if the stone people gave their stone disease to the White Walkers. It would be like Boom! Biological warfare bitches.

I don't think White Walkers can get grescale....your blood needs to be circulating to get it to progress through your body. But someone with greyscale could be turned into a White Walker.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good grief

I don't think White Walkers can get grescale....your blood needs to be circulating to get it to progress through your body. But someone with greyscale could be turned into a White Walker.
And what if the same process that transforms a person into a white walker transforms greyscale into frostscale(tm)?  Boom, long night ended.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
this season is kind of lame

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The riding the dragon thing pissed me off

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
this season is kind of lame

It's good but also lame at the same time somehow.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I really like it  :dunno:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Why?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Why?

I dunno. Like of course it was going to happen at some point but it seemed very Disney or something. But you know what? I still enjoyed the episode very much.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
the whole fighting pit was just laughable. the guys in masks were like untrained bad guy ninjas in a bad ninja movie. And the CGI sucked.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I miss the subtle story lines mixed with occasional ultra violence and epic battle scenes. This season is more "here's a bunch of stuff happening". It's still just as fun or even more fun if you look at it a certain way but less unique imo.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
"I want this season to be exactly like the others, you know, be more unique"

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"I want this season to be exactly like the others, you know, be more unique"

I wanted to like your post by obvs I was talking about the show as a whole not individual seasons. The show is still awesome though. And really there is so much going on now as far as storylines that its going to be more action.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
the whole fighting pit was just laughable. the guys in masks were like untrained bad guy ninjas in a bad ninja movie. And the CGI sucked.

I will never get over how easily the unsullied are killed by random untrained fighters. Not to mention how insanely accurate they were with spears when throwing at Drogon.

That being said, when Danny interacted with Drogon the CGI was poor, but on a TV scale that was still pretty phenomenal. And all the parts where Drogon was by himself were pretty epic.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile