Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 370994 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
i think maybe they were a little traumatized
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
I bet the winterfell battle doesn't happen.  We get like right on the doorstep, then, booom! White walker giant hits winterfell right in the nuts.
Its not going to be a battle. Ramsay and his 20 guys are going to sneak in and flay stannis or the red lady or both

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't know if it's because I binge rewatched seasons 1-4 leading up to this, but I am loving the crap out of season 5. Awesome stuff.

The dialogue was a little muddled with Arya. Can someone explain what's going on there? The captain wanted life insurance but was denied and...?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
No, the insurer didn't pay some family even though the some now dead capt paid him. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Is this how the White Walkers will get over the wall?  :ohno:

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No, the insurer didn't pay some family even though the some now dead capt paid him.

Ok, but the captain in the scene with Arya tried to take out life insurance, and the scammer refused. That doesn't seem like a very good scam, unless he's trying to up the premium?

Also, it seems like this guy wouldn't stay in business very long once word got around that he wasn't paying beneficiaries. I know they don't have Angie's List, but word should get around, right? You've really got to put a hit out on him?

Who knew Game of Thrones could make a life insurance scam so interesting.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

Ok, but the captain in the scene with Arya tried to take out life insurance, and the scammer refused. That doesn't seem like a very good scam, unless he's trying to up the premium?

Also, it seems like this guy wouldn't stay in business very long once word got around that he wasn't paying beneficiaries. I know they don't have Angie's List, but word should get around, right? You've really got to put a hit out on him?

he only insures people he thinks wont die. that captain was too old and taking too risky a trip

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Would be nice if someone would kill a few insurance dudes in modern times

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

arya serious, clark?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

the claimless men

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

he only insures people he thinks wont die. that captain was too old and taking too risky a trip

That's not fraud - that's insurance. I think this guy is taking money with no intention of paying it if the guy dies. In which case, I'm not sure why he didn't take the money.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I think they are only saying that it has happened, not that it always happens.  As for word getting around, he is a rich guy and their world is violent.  I can imagine mulitiple ways the insurer can make that all work out the way he wants it to.

Anyway, word has gotten around.  That is why the one guy at the temple knows. 

For future viewing, I would recommend the implementation of willing suspension of free market belief.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

That's not fraud - that's insurance. I think this guy is taking money with no intention of paying it if the guy dies. In which case, I'm not sure why he didn't take the money.

he only insures people he thinks wont die, and if his gamble fails he doesnt pay out. he provides no service just takes. NO WONDER YOU LOVE HIM SO MUCH

luckily the free market god is going to judge his ass

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

he only insures people he thinks wont die, and if his gamble fails he doesnt pay out. he provides no service just takes. NO WONDER YOU LOVE HIM SO MUCH

So which king/queen is most likely to decree that all insurance providers have to provide insurance to people they think are going to die? Stannis and Jon Snow both seem like studs of the free market variety. Daeneryscare?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
I bet the winterfell battle doesn't happen.  We get like right on the doorstep, then, booom! White walker giant hits winterfell right in the nuts.
Its not going to be a battle. Ramsay and his 20 guys are going to sneak in and flay stannis or the red lady or both

Then what will be the climax to finish the season?

I am thinking:

Jorah kills a bunch of people in the fighting pits and accidentally gives someone stoneman disease.
Tommen uses the army to free his mom and wife and kill the high septon.
Sansa kills Ramsay.
Bran is shown hanging out up north.
Tyrion drinks wine.

Unless they make the Tommen thing super cool, none of that is at the epic level of the episode we just saw. So I don't know what to think.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Dany seems like socialized healthcare to me. Probably john too

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Dany seems like socialized healthcare to me. Probably john too

Yep, total libs. 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
stannis would definitely implement death squads and eugenics policies.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Then what will be the climax to finish the season?

I am thinking:

Jorah kills a bunch of people in the fighting pits and accidentally gives someone stoneman disease.
Tommen uses the army to free his mom and wife and kill the high septon.
Sansa kills Ramsay.
Bran is shown hanging out up north.
Tyrion drinks wine.

Unless they make the Tommen thing super cool, none of that is at the epic level of the episode we just saw. So I don't know what to think.

I'm glad you don't write this series

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

former, yes
latter, nope.

He kept his kid alive even though she has that stone skin thingy. 

He will def implement a mandatory religion with burning of deniers.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

former, yes
latter, nope.

He kept his kid alive even though she has that stone skin thingy. 

He will def implement a mandatory religion with burning of deniers.

i don't think you can use his treatment of his child as a bellwether for how he would treat the proletariat.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Why don't the wights just turn the sea to ice and walk out there? Also why did the one guy settle for just knocking Jon around instead of killing him? Very dumb.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I don't think Stanis will be around much longer anyway.  Not in a position of power, anyway.  I think the combo of Winterfell and the White Walkers will knock him down a peg or two. 

Also, the Red Lady may pick a new horse soon. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So which king/queen is most likely to decree that all insurance providers have to provide insurance to people they think are going to die? Stannis and Jon Snow both seem like studs of the free market variety. Daeneryscare?

Jon Snow has a perfectly good wall already built and he's using his executive power to just let the immigrants through anyway.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why don't the wights just turn the sea to ice and walk out there? Also why did the one guy settle for just knocking Jon around instead of killing him? Very dumb.

Jon's valyrian steel sword protected him and allowed him to kill the white walker, just as Sam's dragon glass allowed him to kill the white walker he encountered.