Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 373795 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Wasn't much of a rape at all

No such thing as marital rape.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

I hear people say this, but i don't think it's actually true. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

I've seen at least two marital rapes on GOT and no prosecutions. I haven't even seen anyone go to trial.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I've seen at least two marital rapes on GOT and no prosecutions. I haven't even seen anyone go to trial.

Yeah, on GoT marital rape is not a crime. In fact, Tywin was really mad at Tyrion for not raping Sansa.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
now i remember why i read this thread every now and then instead of just hitting "mark as read" :surprised:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The interwebs are really freaking out over this rape scene. So even if the rapist is a sadistic eff who's clearly a bad guy, you can't depict rape by evil people in a medieval fantasy series? Or did there need to be some sort of trigger warning first?

Also, would love for Theon to finally have his Darth Vader moment of redemption, but I figured it would have to happen when Ramsey was raping Sansa. Nope.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The interwebs are really freaking out over this rape scene. So even if the rapist is a sadistic eff who's clearly a bad guy, you can't depict rape by evil people in a medieval fantasy series? Or did there need to be some sort of trigger warning first?

Also, would love for Theon to finally have his Darth Vader moment of redemption, but I figured it would have to happen when Ramsey was raping Sansa. Nope.

If you didn't see that rape coming then you haven't been paying attention - no trigger warning needed.
It would have been totally out of character for Ramsey to NOT have raped her.

People who are complaining about this are just stupid. They didn't stop watching when Drogo raped Dany. They didn't stop watching when Ramsey tortured and cut of Theon's junk.

The rape of Sansa is part of the story of what Sansa goes through (and the fact that she chose to go through with it). Just because rape is happening in a storyline does not mean that the writers/showrunners are pro-rape (like Wacky).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

If you didn't see that rape coming then you haven't been paying attention - no trigger warning needed.

People who are complaining about this are just stupid. They didn't stop watching when Drogo raped Dany. They didn't stop watching when Ramsey tortured and cut of Theon's junk.

The rape of Sansa is part of the story of what Sansa goes through (and the fact that she chose to go through with it). Just because rape is happening in a storyline does not mean that the writers/showrunners are pro-rape (like Wacky).

Right. I think the Dany and Cersei rapes would actually be more objectionable because Drogo and Jamie are portrayed in at least a somewhat sympathetic light, as are their relationships with the rape victims. I don't get the outrage here.

When Claire McCaskill tweets that this was the final straw for her, it makes me wonder if she even actually watches the show.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd bet that no, Claire McCaskill doesn't watch the show.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

They really teased us with him using his real name earlier in the episode. I was really hoping he would stab the dude or something.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

They really teased us with him using his real name earlier in the episode. I was really hoping he would stab the dude or something.

I wish they would have had the scene with Ramsey telling Reek that he had to pretend to be a guy named Theon for the wedding.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Next week starts with Reek stabbing Ramsey while he marriage-rapes Sansa, right? He looks like a guy who's about to snap, and what better time to kill the person responsible for making his life an absolute hell?

And here's the twist: Ramsey has already been able to impregnate Sansa because Ramsey goes out like NPH in Gone Girl.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Sansa and GRRM's opinion on the rape scene:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/sophie-turner-george-martin-talk-up-the-recent-game-of-thrones-controversy-322\

Quote from: Sophie Turner
When I read that scene, I kinda loved it. I love the way Ramsay had Theon watching. It was all so messed up. It’s also so daunting for me to do it. I’ve been making [producer Bryan Cogman] feel so bad for writing that scene: “I can’t believe you’re doing this to me!” But I secretly loved it. After Joffrey, she’s escaped him and you think she’s going to lose her virginity to a guy who’s really sweet and takes care of her and she’s thrown in with a guy who’s a whole lot worse. But I kind of like the fact she doesn’t really know what a psycho he is until that night. She has a sense, but she’s more scared of his father. And then that night everything gets so f*cked up.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

I wish they would have had the scene with Ramsey telling Reek that he had to pretend to be a guy named Theon for the wedding.

I know this is book talk (didn't read lol  :billdance: <--- ), and we saw Reek have to "play Theon" before, but I had hope, ya know?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Right. I think the Dany and Cersei rapes would actually be more objectionable because Drogo and Jamie are portrayed in at least a somewhat sympathetic light, as are their relationships with the rape victims. I don't get the outrage here.

When Claire McCaskill tweets that this was the final straw for her, it makes me wonder if she even actually watches the show.

get back in the pit, idiot
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

have the dragons gotten there yet or are they still on their way?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

get back in the 1thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

:confused:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Gotten where? Two of them are in a dungeon and 1 is flying over old Valyria.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
oh my god wild ling

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Tormund Giantsbane seems to be doing well after setting up shop south of the wall

http://www.imdb.com/video/demo_reel/vi1778233369

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd like to think Theon or Sansa or Breeane is going to kill Ramsey, but it seems like the bad guys win in GoT - until they're killed in a totally unrelated manner.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
I'd like to think Theon or Sansa or Breeane is going to kill Ramsey, but it seems like the bad guys win in GoT - until they're killed in a totally unrelated manner.
Wouldn't be surprised if Theon tries to kill Ramsey tonight. Weddings usually signal death on this show and Theon's life can't get any worse. He has nothing more to lose.