Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 370908 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

Sophie Turner has mentioned in interviews that there is a particular scene she filmed this season that was traumatizing.

actor interview media nerds tryin to spoiler should be banished to the book nerd thread

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Sophie Turner has mentioned in interviews that there is a particular scene she filmed this season that was traumatizing.

actor interview media nerds tryin to spoiler should be banished to the book nerd thread

Not really a spoiler. She doesn't say what it is that happens and traumatizing scenes are par for the course on GoT.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not really a spoiler. She doesn't say what it is that happens and traumatizing scenes are par for the course on GoT.

Especially when it involves Ramsey.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

The Big Train

should it have been thrown out a week ago?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
My god, Ramsey is not a nice person

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
adebisi tho  :love:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

i really need to get caught up so i actually know whats going on  :frown:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I'm starting to dislike the pace of this show.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Cersei

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
I'm upset that the sand snakes are trying to kill a little girl and not Cersei herself. That would be a much more interesting plot line to me.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
About the only story line I'm currently interested in is Stannis v Bolton. I'm assuming that will be the episode 9 battle.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Two episodes into Season 5. Starting pretty slow. Dialogue seems a little mopey and listless at times. I haven't read the books, but I'm a little concerned about where this show is headed without the source material. Like does anybody have any idea what's going to happen with Sansa and LF, or is that going to continue on a really boring/annoying track? But the Breeane/Podrick duo is still funny.

Glad they've reunited Jamie with the sell-sword - that should be good, even if it is a seemingly pointless mission to Dorne.

The stuff in the North is really getting interesting now with Stannis/Bolton/Snow/Wildlings. That's going to be good I think. I'm still not clear on why Stannis took his new army all the way up north. Did Fire Lady tell him he needed the Wildlings?

Oh yeah, and Dragon Lady is getting super stale. I guess Tyrion will liven that up soon, hopefully.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Two episodes into Season 5. Starting pretty slow. Dialogue seems a little mopey and listless at times. I haven't read the books, but I'm a little concerned about where this show is headed without the source material. Like does anybody have any idea what's going to happen with Sansa and LF, or is that going to continue on a really boring/annoying track? But the Breeane/Podrick duo is still funny.

Glad they've reunited Jamie with the sell-sword - that should be good, even if it is a seemingly pointless mission to Dorne.

The stuff in the North is really getting interesting now with Stannis/Bolton/Snow/Wildlings. That's going to be good I think. I'm still not clear on why Stannis took his new army all the way up north. Did Fire Lady tell him he needed the Wildlings?

Oh yeah, and Dragon Lady is getting super stale. I guess Tyrion will liven that up soon, hopefully.

I believe that Stannis knows that the North isn't very Pro Lanister, and he had to retreat after the blackwater

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

I believe that Stannis knows that the North isn't very Pro Lanister, and he had to retreat after the blackwater

that's not it at all.  red witch told him to go and save the world

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Watching Reek/Theo come to the rescue of Sansa later this season and crush Ramsey's face is going to be highly enjoyable and really something to look forward to.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:39:35 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Apparently people didn't like that rape scene...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/19/senator-quitting-game-thrones

As far as rape scenes go, I didn't really think that one was very gratuitous at all....they cut away and didn't really show it at all.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Wasn't much of a rape at all

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wasn't much of a rape at all

If I remember correctly they showed more in the Drogo/Dany rape...and that wasn't even a rape in the book. The Ramsey/Sansa rape was even worse in the book than on the show, although it wasn't Sansa in the book....Do you think people care more because it was actually Sansa instead of small character that we know nothing about?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
That cornball ridiculous bullshit with Jamie and Bron in the dessert dressed up as Dornish dudes and then the HORRIBLY choreographed/acted fight seen with the little girls with whips may have been the worst television on an HBO series in the history of all HBO series. It was sad and felt so uncomfortably forced the actors even looked out of sorts.  GoT has jumped the shark and they have no idea what they are doing. it's awful.  Please bring on True Detective 2 ASAP.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Umm, Sansa is his wife.  You can't rape your wife. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
welp

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
classic Batt BcKee from texas tech university.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That cornball ridiculous bullshit with Jamie and Bron in the dessert dressed up as Dornish dudes and then the HORRIBLY choreographed/acted fight seen with the little girls with whips may have been the worst television on an HBO series in the history of all HBO series. It was sad and felt so uncomfortably forced the actors even looked out of sorts.  GoT has jumped the shark and they have no idea what they are doing. it's awful.  Please bring on True Detective 2 ASAP.

The preview for this the other night was  :thumbs: :thumbs: