Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 371040 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say I'm NOT excited for tonight's episode of Game of Thrones.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Another solid episode. Almost felt like I was watching another show since they stayed with the same storyline the entire time.

Also, add "ride a wooly mammoth" to my bucket list! :D

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Grenn and Pyp were not supposed to die this early. I am gutted.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dat single cut  :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I guess I'm confused what the point of this huge wall is if you're just going to build a door at the bottom of it for people to break into.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I guess I'm confused what the point of this huge wall is if you're just going to build a door at the bottom of it for people to break into.

by that logic, castles shouldn't have gates either.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

by that logic, castles shouldn't have gates either.

plus nobody expected giants riding rough ridin' wooly mammoths to be trying to break it down.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

It's made of ice and appears to be several hundred miles long...Wouldn't it be easier to just carve a new tunnel somewhere else? Nope! Let's scale the damn thing! :lol:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's made of ice and appears to be several hundred miles long...Wouldn't it be easier to just carve a new tunnel somewhere else? Nope! Let's scale the damn thing! :lol:

The Night's Watch used to send patrols out along the wall to watch out for that sort of thing.

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
What was up with such easy access into the Fort or whatever, but then they still try to scale the wall or go through the heaviest gate? I'm really confused as to why you don't focus at least a large part of your army at this much easier access point. Is the Fort actually on the North side of wall?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What was up with such easy access into the Fort or whatever, but then they still try to scale the wall or go through the heaviest gate? I'm really confused as to why you don't focus at least a large part of your army at this much easier access point. Is the Fort actually on the North side of wall?

Castle Black is on the south side of the wall. Weren't you paying attention when Ygritte, Jon Snow, and that group of wildlings scaled the wall a while back and then headed south? That's so they could attack from the south as the big group was attacking from the North.

Castle Black is not heavily fortified to the south because they are expecting an attack from the north only.

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
Wow, I feel like a ruhtard. Completely decided to forget that whole scene/move. Also, never mind that they'd been ravaging the towns around Castle Black to draw the NW out. Needed this shot to the dome, thank you.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Castle Black is on the south side of the wall. Weren't you paying attention when Ygritte, Jon Snow, and that group of wildlings scaled the wall a while back and then headed south? That's so they could attack from the south as the big group was attacking from the North.

Castle Black is not heavily fortified to the south because they are expecting an attack from the north only.

there was a really amazing camera take where it panned from the small group in the south, up past the fort and up the wall, and then ended with the view of the huge fire to the north

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Castle Black isn't well fortified to the south because of the Night's King's and his actions. None of the fortresses on the wall have been since he was overthrown.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So anyways, GOT does extremely cinematic battle sequences. Like that whole thing last night was pretty great. Very effective and fun to look at.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Have we nerded out over the long take yet? WOWOW!!!!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why isn't anyone talking about how sad it was when Ygritte died in Jon Snow's arms?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why isn't anyone talking about how sad it was when Ygritte died in Jon Snow's arms?

Because that might have been the worst part of the episode. "Let's throw out all the guidelines we've used to shape the battle so far and have a heartfelt moment!"

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have we nerded out over the long take yet? WOWOW!!!!

i got tingly in all my fun parts when i realized what was happening

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Because that might have been the worst part of the episode. "Let's throw out all the guidelines we've used to shape the battle so far and have a heartfelt moment!"

Yeah, actually I think the book was more heart wrenching since they didn't even get a goodbye...but it was still sad dammit!

I had no such reaction because I was irritated by the departure from logic, but I'm clearly on the upswing of my aspie behavior right now. So it's whatever.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was a little confused by the defensive strategy. The gate is a lot easier to breach from the south side, and they know there's a wildling army ready to storm the castle, so... naturally, they distribute most of their men to defend the north side of the massive wall? Seems like they should have sent everyone down to defend Castle Black except for a skeleton crew to drop the pitch barrels on the gate crashers. Maybe it was better explained in the book.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
you book idiots just can't help yourselves from booking out in this thread.  idiots.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
well i'll be.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Things from the last episode

Giants, who apparently are unaware that they are an endangered species, seem very keen on taking the most direct approach to death.

The baddest chick in the seven kingdoms, killed by a third grader.

Then this happened.

And this happened too, in one of the greatest tracking shots in history.

And this guy, who just sucks all kinds of ass