Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 371017 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

look at that selfie!!!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This man is amazing. I bet he gives great hugs.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

tattoos don't even bother him. also, tiny unknown human appears to be tiny Hafthor offspring.

(totes srs, that vice piece on icelandic strongmen said that he falls asleep in the tattoo chair all the time)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Damn you guys. Now I'm not going to be able to watch him as the Mountain because every time I see him I'll imagine his adorable smile and think, "ah, he looks like a big teddy bear"

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
before weights and "supplements"

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
I think I'm rooting for the cannibal wildlings. Man those guys are something else.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
huge dumbass alert:

what's going on with the wildlings that climbed over the wall?  looks like there are a couple different, unrelated types.  the cannibals and the others.  both groups climbed up and over the wall and are now terrorizing the villagers south of the wall?  so, they had to bypass castle black to get to the villagers, no?  why didn't they just go attack castle black?  The goal is to neutralize CB so that the rest of their armies can pass through the wall, no?  So, what are they doing rough ridin' with the villages south of castle black? 

Also, what was Snow's gameplan at the end?  I missed that.  They're going to meet the cannibals in the field to defeat them before they come for them at CB?  What's going on here?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
from my understanding the cannibal wildlings are the Thenns.

Mance Rayder, The King Beyond the Wall, sent out a group to climb the wall, do some scouting and to act as a diversion for the approaching massive army.

Jon Snow wants to go kill the group of Crows that deserted, as they know things that would be beneficial to Mance's approaching force.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They mention it in the show, the wildlings are raiding villages to piss off the Watch and draw them out into open combat, rather than trying to siege a fortified castle.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They mention it in the show, the wildlings are raiding villages to piss off the Watch and draw them out into open combat, rather than trying to siege a fortified castle.

yeah, that's why they sent the kid to the wall.  trying to draw them out. 

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
I know the whole point will be that the rest of Westeros will be distracted and divided, but I can't help but think any army south of the wall could crush the wildlings.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
I know the whole point will be that the rest of Westeros will be distracted and divided, but I can't help but think any army south of the wall could crush the wildlings.

They aren't invading because they can win, they're invading because they're running away from something worse. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Wowza. So after Mance Rayder gets his army south of the wall they will go into hiding? Or are we expecting them to send commissaries to ask for other forces to join them against the walking dead?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wowza. So after Mance Rayder gets his army south of the wall they will go into hiding? Or are we expecting them to send commissaries to ask for other forces to join them against the walking dead?
When you're running from the bear, you aren't looking around for a nice place with cable TV, just some place with no bear.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
When you're running from the bear, you aren't looking around for a nice place with cable TV, just some place with no bear.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile

He wants the civilians inside the wall and safe(er).  I imagine the plan after that was to dig in and reach some sort of bargained for agreement whereby the wildings are allowed to remain south of the wall.  Failing that they fight to stay south of the wall.  They were always going to be mumped if anyone other than the night's watch decided to get involved.  The wall and its castles aren't designed to defend from the south.  It's better than the alternative though. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
I guess I just need to be patient, but at this point the White Walkers are invincible to normal weaponry. . .so how in the world will even trenching in save them?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you have to think dragons will be the only thing to stop them

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe there's a cache of obsidian (a.k.a. Dragonglass) somewhere?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile

Yeah, the Children might have some or somebody could pull off a big balls trip into what's left of Valyria (like Crow's Eye says he did to get the dragon horn). 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
JFC Spoiler alert!

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
JFC Spoiler alert!
Also Bread for referencing an unknown object acquired by and unknown person to the TV watchers, take it to the book thread, pal!   :buh-bye:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Looks like the final cut of the "rape" scene was a bit different from the original script.
http://happyplace.someecards.com/30843/leaked-script-for-controversial-game-of-thrones-rape-scene

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
if TV gets then chance, they will always rapey up something more than it was intended. 

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
if TV gets then chance, they will always rapey up something more than it was intended.

Maybe HBO is still insecure that their ratings are based off showing T and A and got a little too agressive?  :dunno: