Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 364843 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just gloss over the minor characters.  If they are important you won't forget them.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
I just gloss over the minor characters.  If they are important you won't forget them.

if they are important, the pre ep recap will try to remind you who they are

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
I tried watching a few episodes with Mrs. HH and couldn't do it.  Even the tits couldn't keep me involved.  I also hated Lord of the Rings but loved the original Conan the Barbarian.  Guess I'm just old.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
I tried watching a few episodes with Mrs. HH and couldn't do it.  Even the tits couldn't keep me involved.  I also hated Lord of the Rings but loved the original Conan the Barbarian.  Guess I'm just old.

i love lord of the rings and also think that original conan the barbarian is mindblowingly awesome.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

GOT is a fantasy epic. . .but it's a little slower moving.  It also generally is about moral dilemmas and struggling with real life issues.  That tends to be less fun then "Good vs Evil" swashbuckling.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

HH:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Finally had a chance to get caught up today... I think the grandma did it. Also, I've been able to watch the entire series despite only learning about 10 names. I probably don't have the GoTIQ of some on here but I still have a pretty good grasp on what's going on.

In the end I hope either Khaleesi or Arya win the Iron Throne trophy. I've been #TeamKhaleesi since season 1, but watching Arya become a cold blooded killer as she roams the countryside with the Hound has been a treat.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Finally had a chance to get caught up today... I think the grandma did it. Also, I've been able to watch the entire series despite only learning about 10 names. I probably don't have the GoTIQ of some on here but I still have a pretty good grasp on what's going on.

In the end I hope either Khaleesi or Arya win the Iron Throne trophy. I've been #TeamKhaleesi since season 1, but watching Arya become a cold blooded killer as she roams the countryside with the Hound has been a treat.

Her name is Daenerys.  :shakesfist: Kaleesi is her title. That's like saying "I hope Queen wins."

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I get the feeling that this thread is primarily going to consist of Mrs. Gooch and I yelling at everyone.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Her name is Daenerys.  :shakesfist: Kaleesi is her title. That's like saying "I hope Queen wins."

You knew who I was referring to, didn't you?  :gocho:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
I am terrible with names IRL so this just is what it is. I'm sure if I had read the books and read the names 100s of times I'd be better at recalling names.

But I didn't, so now I use terms like Khaleesi, the Grandma, Redheaded Wildling, Fat Night Watch Kid, and Peter Dinklage/The Imp (these are interchangeable) when referencing the characters.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I am terrible with names IRL so this just is what it is. I'm sure if I had read the books and read the names 100s of times I'd be better at recalling names.

But I didn't, so now I use terms like Khaleesi, the Grandma, Redheaded Wildling, Fat Night Watch Kid, and Peter Dinklage/The Imp (these are interchangeable) when referencing the characters.

Well you can just refer to me as that bitch who keeps correcting people on character names.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Here you go TV
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/
You can look up names, just try not to read to much of any one page, spoilers et al

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dany is going to win.  It is rightfully hers and her heart is in the right place. 

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Except those dragons don't seem to be listening to mama.  All I can think is that when the Targaryens took over before. . .they rode their dragons right? I have a hard time believing Dany is going to have a "How to Train Your Dragon" moment with those vicious creatures.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
I'm rooting for the Wildlings to win it all  :surprised:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
I'm rooting for the Wildlings to win it all  :surprised:

Since Dany will never make it to Westeros it seems. . .I wouldn't mind this guy on the iron throne. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OK, so Gooch thought that maybe Cersei did it so she could go back to being the Queen Regent...LOL.
I think the one single redeeming quality about Cersei is her love for her children.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OK, so Gooch thought that maybe Cersei did it so she could go back to being the Queen Regent...LOL.
I think the one single redeeming quality about Cersei is her love for her children.

I could see that as a valid theory simply because Tyrion took the glass from the Tyrell side of the table, and maybe he thinks the glass was meant for Margeary.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like how the show appears to be ready to show full blown Feast of Crows cersei. CAN'T WAIT

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I immediately thought Cersei was responsible. That hooker is coldblooded.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I could see that as a valid theory simply because Tyrion took the glass from the Tyrell side of the table, and maybe he thinks the glass was meant for Margeary.

I could see Cersei trying to poison Margaery; but never intentionally killing Joffery. Even though she knows he is a monster she loves him.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't think Joff was all that bad of a guy.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I just want to drop information that will likely lead to a possible person on the throne, but since all you rubes haven't read the books I won't do it.  You are welcome.