Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1251298 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #12200 on: July 30, 2020, 07:40:23 PM »
last chance U has been good but way different than previous seasons
Yes! @michigancat have you watched it yet? It’s Oakland based this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: July 30, 2020, 07:44:19 PM »
last chance U has been good but way different than previous seasons
Yes! @michigancat have you watched it yet? It’s Oakland based this season.

No but I need to, I would commute right past Laney every day and my daughter has had swim meets there

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: July 30, 2020, 07:45:38 PM »
It’s pretty great. I’m sure you’d appreciate it more than us. That’s how I felt when they did Independence.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: July 30, 2020, 09:24:01 PM »
Schitt’s Creek. It took me a while to get used to Chris Elliot but the show is great.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: July 31, 2020, 03:22:00 PM »
Started on community, very enjoyable! I had never seen a single episode and thought all the main cast were teachers, man I was so wrong.

it's been a long time but I always thought it tried too hard. Might revisit sometime. Is it on Netflix?

I enjoyed it much more on the revisit than I did initially

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: August 01, 2020, 12:25:00 AM »
Sunderland Til I die got me last night
I started watching it, omg the old scouts are so sad

And the owner was the biggest bad person OAT. Hopefully you've got to the second season at this point, it's much better than the first. Small spoiler coming.

It's too bad there wasn't a season 3. The man who ran the business the second season of the show quit in December and they were in another promotion battle when the coronavirus hit, but the league voted just to end the season instead of restarting. Sunderland was tied in points with the third place team and only 3 points behind second but missed out because of a points per match played tiebreaker.

I'm in the first season right after the winter transfer window but I've googled various player and Martin Bain so I have a pretty good idea where everything's heading. Didn't realize their current season ended though.

I just finished the winter transfer window and I'm kinda blown away that they make it seem like there's no sort of analytics involved. In the first transfer window Bain said he just had a notebook. there has to be something more, right?

also, the Jack Rodwell thing - did he just kinda suck so he never played and they wanted him to walk away from a contract or something? I didn't really understand what they were expecting him to do.

also also, the first two managers seem really dumb

I think they get into the Rodwell thing a bit more in-depth, so I'll leave that. Same goes for the Martin Bain in the second season, I'll just say he's painted in a very different light. The owner I was referring to was Ellis Short, who you don't see at all until the beginning of episode 8, season 1. There was about 15 seconds that made me want to punch him in the face, and I'm not sure he says a word.

Season two is elite, but for some reason only 6 episodes.
I never understood Rodwell.

Just started season 2 and lololol at the new marketing/business guy talking about the pump up songs (and just being him in general)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: August 01, 2020, 02:18:39 PM »
Sunderland Til I die got me last night
I started watching it, omg the old scouts are so sad

And the owner was the biggest bad person OAT. Hopefully you've got to the second season at this point, it's much better than the first. Small spoiler coming.

It's too bad there wasn't a season 3. The man who ran the business the second season of the show quit in December and they were in another promotion battle when the coronavirus hit, but the league voted just to end the season instead of restarting. Sunderland was tied in points with the third place team and only 3 points behind second but missed out because of a points per match played tiebreaker.

I'm in the first season right after the winter transfer window but I've googled various player and Martin Bain so I have a pretty good idea where everything's heading. Didn't realize their current season ended though.

I just finished the winter transfer window and I'm kinda blown away that they make it seem like there's no sort of analytics involved. In the first transfer window Bain said he just had a notebook. there has to be something more, right?

also, the Jack Rodwell thing - did he just kinda suck so he never played and they wanted him to walk away from a contract or something? I didn't really understand what they were expecting him to do.

also also, the first two managers seem really dumb

I think they get into the Rodwell thing a bit more in-depth, so I'll leave that. Same goes for the Martin Bain in the second season, I'll just say he's painted in a very different light. The owner I was referring to was Ellis Short, who you don't see at all until the beginning of episode 8, season 1. There was about 15 seconds that made me want to punch him in the face, and I'm not sure he says a word.

Season two is elite, but for some reason only 6 episodes.
I never understood Rodwell.

Just started season 2 and lololol at the new marketing/business guy talking about the pump up songs (and just being him in general)

He's the runaway star of the season, you're in for a ride. You will need to do some follow up internet reading when you're done.

I know there is some recency bias here, but I think this is a strong candidate for greatest tv show theme of all time
[youtube]https://youtu.be/eNa-asBNGXY[/youtube]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: August 01, 2020, 02:19:29 PM »
Also when I said they'll get into Rodwell and Bain more I meant during the second season.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: August 01, 2020, 03:18:43 PM »
Also when I said they'll get into Rodwell and Bain more I meant during the second season.

ah.

And glad to hear the business guy takes center stage, based on one episode of season 2 there is potential for this to be like a real life Office.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: August 03, 2020, 07:53:46 AM »
Umbrella Academy second season was a lot of fun.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12210 on: August 03, 2020, 08:23:18 AM »
Yes it was, not a fan of Lila though.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12211 on: August 03, 2020, 09:06:51 PM »
Just finished S3 of West Wing.  This show rules.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12212 on: August 03, 2020, 09:15:36 PM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: August 04, 2020, 09:56:06 AM »
just getting into S2 of yellowstone, hooked

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12214 on: August 04, 2020, 10:08:06 AM »
Letterkenny. It would have grabbed 26 year old me by the balls, but 36 year old me still appreciates it. Even if I gave up watch it with subtitles.
I appreciates it too, and am a good deal older than you.  My wife and kids think it is terrible though.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12215 on: August 04, 2020, 11:13:48 AM »

You're in for a treat!

Offline Dr. Fausto Rindón

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12216 on: August 04, 2020, 11:15:12 AM »
Just finished season two and looking for a way to pirate season three.  I think about this show when I read the SD farm and ranch thread and hope there are similarities in daily life.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12217 on: August 04, 2020, 11:23:50 AM »
Just finished season two and looking for a way to pirate season three.  I think about this show when I read the SD farm and ranch thread and hope there are similarities in daily life.
Pretty sure it's on peacock which is free right now...
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12218 on: August 04, 2020, 11:28:10 AM »
I don't think Yellowstone is part of the free service. Premium is $4.99 a month.

Peacock TV is not on Amazon Fire or Roku though. 

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12219 on: August 08, 2020, 10:51:27 AM »
Was trying to pick between Lost and Yellowstone as my next show to start.  Decided on Lost.  Here we go!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12220 on: August 08, 2020, 11:02:25 AM »
Was trying to pick between Lost and Yellowstone as my next show to start.  Decided on Lost.  Here we go!

I was a Lost watcher when it originally aired.  I enjoyed the process of watching Lost very much.  It was terrific. However, me personally as a person who has personal opinions , personally thought the series wrap up and resolution blew meat goat dicks. That was my personal opinion.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: August 08, 2020, 11:22:47 AM »

I was a Lost watcher when it originally aired.  I enjoyed the process of watching Lost very much.  It was terrific. However, me personally as a person who has personal opinions , personally thought the series wrap up and resolution blew meat goat dicks. That was my personal opinion.
Same

Super into it. Read the weekly recap from at least 3 different bloggers/sites.

Darkufo etc.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12222 on: August 08, 2020, 12:35:39 PM »

That's what I've heard from a ton of people too, Pete.  But I'm doing it anyway.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: August 08, 2020, 12:44:32 PM »

Same

Super into it. Read the weekly recap from at least 3 different bloggers/sites.

Darkufo etc.

I'm rewatching it while WFH. I'm on season 3.

There are so many episodes, Brock!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12224 on: August 08, 2020, 04:02:54 PM »
Started on community, very enjoyable! I had never seen a single episode and thought all the main cast were teachers, man I was so wrong.

it's been a long time but I always thought it tried too hard. Might revisit sometime. Is it on Netflix?

I’ve tried 3 or 4 times and can only get through 3 episodes. Joel McHale’s character is just so hateable. Another series among a decent size number of NBC comedies that were created as a vehicle for a star main character and the main character is by far the worst part of the show.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls