Author Topic: oscar WEBER MUSHES MARQUETTE, AGREES TO EMAW CONTRACT EXTENSION  (Read 83521 times)

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: oscar WEBER TO MARQUETTE
« Reply #425 on: March 30, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »
ccox

All-Big 12 performer
Post #8686
The Hoosier Hills
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Re: Marquette coaching search.   Reply

Everything that twit paul m banks has written has been crap, and it is clear he is talking out of his ass.  To now argue that K-State fans have embraced a Weber move to Marquette is complete and utter bullshit, and beyond just lazy and sloppy reporting.  That a couple dolts on goEMAW, which has the collective maturity of a second grader, have never embraced Weber because they think he isn't cool enough for them means nothing.  They sure don't speak for our fanbase, and for banks to write as if they do makes him an crap-stirring idiot. 

I admit I took him at face value when his original article was linked, but I was wrong.  The other posters in that thread were correct...he is creating this entire drama.  I would be absolutely shocked if he actually has a legit source that KNOWS oscar expressed interest.  Shocked.  Someone needs to fit this guy for an atomic wedgie. 

I think my favorite part of this is when ccox says gE has the maturity of a second grader, then goes on to assert that he wants to give Banks an "atomic wedgie"
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 30, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »
This ccox guy seems like he has emotional problems.

I don't know if Marquette will eventually rebuff Weber's overtures or not, but I'm certain that our collective maturity is at least that of a 4th grader.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #427 on: March 30, 2014, 04:01:39 PM »

I don't know if Marquette will eventually rebuff Weber's overtures or not, but I'm certain that our collective maturity is at least that of a 4th grader.

Considering that we don't post pictures of women and hur hur about it puts this site on an increased level of maturity.

*in the interest of full disclosure, I have a lot of anger towards them that is coming out today.  I didn't know this was still in the tank, but it is.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 30, 2014, 04:21:32 PM »

Considering that we don't post pictures of women and hur hur about it puts this site on an increased level of maturity.

*in the interest of full disclosure, I have a lot of anger towards them that is coming out today.  I didn't know this was still in the tank, but it is.

I don't even know what maturity has to do with it.  Media much closer to the Marquette coaching search than we are is reporting that Weber is pursuing and/or a candidate for the job.  That significantly affects us.  Of course we're talking about it.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #429 on: March 30, 2014, 04:49:57 PM »

I don't even know what maturity has to do with it.  Media much closer to the Marquette coaching search than we are is reporting that Weber is pursuing and/or a candidate for the job.  That significantly affects us.  Of course we're talking about it.

FWIW people I trust say it's more than nothing.  Unlikely at best, but more than something made up here.

He's from the area, the salary it would take to pull him is in their budget, and he's a known commodity in the area.  Of course he's on their radar.

And if the opportunity presents itself, he'd be a moron not to take it.  With every win, the groundswell for Brad is going to get bigger and bigger.  If he's learned anything about us, we have a fetish for our own.

I mean, Christ, Underwood is, like, the mold.  He's from McPherson for effs sakes.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 30, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »
Same as with Huggins, I don't like seeing K-State used by Weber as some sort of career rehab center and a backup plan until the hometown job becomes available.  Loyal coaches like the tennis and lady basketball coaches aren't good enough for Currie, but he allows Weber to treat us like Betty (of Archie/Veronica/Betty love triangle fame).

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 30, 2014, 11:15:30 PM »
Given its size, Milwaukee undoubtedly has more places serving up oscar's favorite snacks. The allure may be too much for him to pass up.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 30, 2014, 11:54:53 PM »
Given its size, Milwaukee undoubtedly has more places serving up oscar's favorite snacks. The allure may be too much for him to pass up.
Dude, Milwaukee has the highest per capita frozen chicken nuggets ratio in the free world. It's kind of like BBQ joints are to KC. oscar would be in heaven! I'll let him mow my lawn if it will help seal the deal.  :ksu:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 31, 2014, 08:41:32 AM »
More 5 star restaurants also

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 01, 2014, 09:42:25 AM »
ITS WOJO

Sorry, oscar.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 01, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
oscar must have told them no. It will be interesting to see how much we had to pay to hold onto him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 01, 2014, 09:46:04 AM »
oscar is hoping like hell this wojo talk is an april fools joke.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 01, 2014, 09:58:59 AM »
Not long ago it was Smart...

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 01, 2014, 10:07:11 AM »

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 01, 2014, 10:10:58 AM »
I'll wait to see if his resume checks out before this is set in stone.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 01, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »
 :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 01, 2014, 11:47:55 AM »
Wojo is a shitty choice.  He's gone if Duke comes calling in a few years.  I would have preferred Howland.  He could have kicked some dicks off at Marquette. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 01, 2014, 11:37:12 PM »
Who kicks dicks off anymore? I mean this is 2014
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 02, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »

People who demand excellence. .   I fear you've been listening to oscar too much and your will to win has turned to chicken nuggets.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 02, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »

People who demand excellence. .   I fear you've been listening to oscar too much and your will to win has turned to chicken nuggets.

Oh, ok, sorry I blew up.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 02, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »
Wojo is a shitty choice.  He's gone if Duke comes calling in a few years.  I would have preferred Howland.  He could have kicked some dicks off at Marquette.

Wojo is probably 5th or 6th on the list of Coach K replacements, and that's if you're only including Coach K guys.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »

Wojo is probably 5th or 6th on the list of Coach K replacements, and that's if you're only including Coach K guys.

You are vastly underestimating the ol' Woje.  He is going to head butt you into oblivion with his outrageous successes.  Wait and see.  #bulldog
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 02, 2014, 12:46:15 PM »

I'd put Quin Snyder at #1.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 02, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »

I'd put Quin Snyder at #1.

Agreed. Hard to argue against that E8 run in 2002. Also, so much pro coaching experience!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »
nope, contract extended