Author Topic: Hey Will Spradling  (Read 14775 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Will Spradling
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2014, 08:48:14 AM »
Shut the eff up, fanning.
Fist Yourself!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2014, 08:49:25 AM »
Go to gopo where you belong

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2014, 08:51:41 AM »
Go to gopo where you belong
Go Mudding You Herp A Derp, Oklahoman.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2014, 08:53:36 AM »
The only way Will can be deemed successful is because of dumbed down expectations. I challenge anyone to find another player anywhere that logged as many minutes over a four year career but had such pedestrian numbers.

We've spent four seasons explaining this away with "the coaches see something," it's the Will Spradling version of "you think you know more than LHCBS."

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2014, 09:29:41 AM »
Senior Night:  1-2  3pts
Big XII Tourn:  0-6  3pts
NCAA Tourn:  1-8  3 pts

What is the antonym of clutch?

I'm wondering if stats like these bother him?  I wonder if last night he slept in a curled up ball weeping or was asleep as soon as the acne hit the pillow?  Sadly I think we all know the answer to this.  :zzz:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2014, 09:38:43 AM »

Senior Night:  1-2  3pts
Big XII Tourn:  0-6  3pts
NCAA Tourn:  1-8  3 pts

If it weren't for one three pointer from the corner in OT against KU, I'd say that these stats are very damning and indicate a choker.

But, since he made that shot, I will not hate him, and instead will merely ignore his existence.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »
The only way Will can be deemed successful is because of dumbed down expectations. I challenge anyone to find another player anywhere that logged as many minutes over a four year career but had such pedestrian numbers.

We've spent four seasons explaining this away with "the coaches see something," it's the Will Spradling version of "you think you know more than LHCBS."

I'm sure there's someone out there but not worth the time to look up.  He was mediocre at best and I'm glad he's gone.  Most frusturating player ever to watch.
@lopakman

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2014, 10:19:47 AM »
I think if Will would have played in the MVC (probably where he belonged) his stats would have ended up very similar to Jake Odum of Indiana St.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2014, 11:17:56 AM »
I will remember Will in a similar light as I do Carson Coffman, but without the fun stuff on the side.

Just a kid who won over his coaches doing things "the right way", but someone the fans could never understand why he played so much.

And that's all I really have to say about Will.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
Will had probably an above average freshman year and then he just never improved.  Frank's fault for not recruiting over him.  oscar's fault for not making the decision to develop talent that will be here for awhile rather than let a mediocre player get his minutes.  Especially when you can usually determine what type of game Will is going to have in the first 5 or so minutes.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/kansas-state/will-spradling

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »
Spradling's last three games were bad, especially with regard to shooting the ball. K-State would have been less successful without Spradling on the team this both this season and last. I wish he would have performed better these last three games, both from a team/ record standpoint and for him personally.

This presumes Will just vanishes 2 years ago and nothing else changes.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2014, 01:30:39 PM »
I will remember Will in a similar light as I do Carson Coffman, but without the fun stuff on the side.

Just a kid who won over his coaches doing things "the right way", but someone the fans could never understand why he played so much.

And that's all I really have to say about Will.

No, it isn't.  But I understand now why you won't.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2014, 02:05:33 PM »
I think if Will would have played in the MVC (probably where he belonged) his stats would have ended up very similar to Jake Odum of Indiana St.

are you out of your mind, I wish more people knew who Jake Odum was so they could appreciate how horrible this analogy iso
oh here you go

seriously that bald center from Creighton last year, Greg Echnique, is a better comparison

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2014, 03:45:48 PM »

are you out of your mind, I wish more people knew who Jake Odum was so they could appreciate how horrible this analogy iso
oh here you go

seriously that bald center from Creighton last year, Greg Echnique, is a better comparison

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=will-spradling&p1=jake-odum

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »
I don't know of a single person that doesn't think will's career was disappointing. This doesn't mean he was horrible either.

Bye will
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2014, 03:59:37 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2014, 04:00:50 PM »

oh here you go

One is a slasher who racks up points, free throws, assists and turnovers; the other parks himself outside of the arc and never turns the ball over. They're both white guards though.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2014, 04:22:47 PM »
I don't know of a single person that doesn't think will's career was disappointing. This doesn't mean he was horrible either.

Bye will

Yeah this sums it up.   It was Will's flashes of potential that produced the expectations and ultimately the frustration. 

Will's most impressive and enduring stat will be the number of games he started...

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »

If Will was black you'd be defending the crap out of him, you stupid rough ridin' ignorant bigot.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2014, 05:04:59 PM »

oh here you go

One is a slasher who racks up points, free throws, assists and turnovers; the other parks himself outside of the arc and never turns the ball over. They're both white guards though.

I said similar stats, not similar players. Odum is/was far better than Will as a PG, but Will is a little better outside shooter. If will played 2 games every year against Evansville, Bradley, S. Illinois, etc. and was the key guy on his team every year the overall numbers would probably have been somewhat similar.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »
I had no idea that Will sounds like a 9 year old boy. Makes it even better.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »

oh here you go

I said similar stats, not similar players. Odum is/was far better than Will as a PG, but Will is a little better outside shooter. If will played 2 games every year against Evansville, Bradley, S. Illinois, etc. and was the key guy on his team every year the overall numbers would probably have been somewhat similar.

I just don't think Will has it in him to be forceful enough to average 13 & 4.5. Odum makes things happen, Will isn't that dude. Also the level of the valley isn't low enough for Will to essentially double his output. We play half of our schedule against valley type competition, or worse.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2014, 08:33:45 PM »
What does Will do with the next chapter of his life?  He is a "business administration major with a management option."  Not sure exactly what a management option is, but that's his educational back ground.  Where does this aspiring young biz major from KSU end up?  :dunno:

Does he have the grades for a nice little Koch Industries finance job?  If those grades are good, and his lovely wife allows it, he might catch on with PWC, Delloite, or Grant Thornton's business consulting divisions and do some traveling.

If he has dece grades, maybe that "management program" they have over at Collective Brands in Topeka?  Maybe catch on with Seaboard's foods division and learns the ins and outs of the hog markets?  Maybe working in the B2B sales division for Sprint? 

Or maybe the grades weren't the very best...does he go the Enterprise Rental Car route?  Get a nice little territory with Frito Lay and move some snack foods.  Or, maybe inside sales for Hallmark, pushing the next season's goods to Crown stores?

Where does this rascal end up?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2014, 08:37:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's indicated he wants to play pro ball.