Author Topic: Hey Will Spradling  (Read 14755 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Will Spradling
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2014, 08:49:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's indicated he wants to play pro ball.

Huh, well I'll be. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
Some people don't seem to understand the value of a CBA degree.

:ksugrad:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »
With that voice, nobody will take him seriously in the biz world

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2014, 10:01:21 PM »
What does Will do with the next chapter of his life?  He is a "business administration major with a management option."  Not sure exactly what a management option is, but that's his educational back ground.  Where does this aspiring young biz major from KSU end up?  :dunno:

Does he have the grades for a nice little Koch Industries finance job?  If those grades are good, and his lovely wife allows it, he might catch on with PWC, Delloite, or Grant Thornton's business consulting divisions and do some traveling.

If he has dece grades, maybe that "management program" they have over at Collective Brands in Topeka?  Maybe catch on with Seaboard's foods division and learns the ins and outs of the hog markets?  Maybe working in the B2B sales division for Sprint? 

Or maybe the grades weren't the very best...does he go the Enterprise Rental Car route?  Get a nice little territory with Frito Lay and move some snack foods.  Or, maybe inside sales for Hallmark, pushing the next season's goods to Crown stores?

Where does this rascal end up?

my early favorite for post of the year.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2014, 10:22:08 PM »
I will remember Will in a similar light as I do Carson Coffman, but without the fun stuff on the side.

Just a kid who won over his coaches doing things "the right way", but someone the fans could never understand why he played so much.

And that's all I really have to say about Will.

No, it isn't.  But I understand now why you won't.

Why say what everyone else already did?

He had a couple of nice stretches during the last two conference seasons where he was a big part of winning games, but he was a no show outside of that many times, and he was limited to what he could do because of his athleticism (or lack thereof).  The whole drive/fall/kick play last night kind of summed a lot of it up.

I was never a big fan of his, but I'll acknowledge that he helped us out in several games.  I feel exactly like I did when Carson left, and that's, "Well, at least the coaches won't be tempted to play him any more."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:27:10 PM by Panjandrum »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2014, 10:32:16 PM »
What does Will do with the next chapter of his life?  He is a "business administration major with a management option."  Not sure exactly what a management option is, but that's his educational back ground.  Where does this aspiring young biz major from KSU end up?  :dunno:

Does he have the grades for a nice little Koch Industries finance job?  If those grades are good, and his lovely wife allows it, he might catch on with PWC, Delloite, or Grant Thornton's business consulting divisions and do some traveling.

If he has dece grades, maybe that "management program" they have over at Collective Brands in Topeka?  Maybe catch on with Seaboard's foods division and learns the ins and outs of the hog markets?  Maybe working in the B2B sales division for Sprint? 

Or maybe the grades weren't the very best...does he go the Enterprise Rental Car route?  Get a nice little territory with Frito Lay and move some snack foods.  Or, maybe inside sales for Hallmark, pushing the next season's goods to Crown stores?

Where does this rascal end up?

a young lady posed this question to me last night in the waning minutes of the game.  i didn't have a good answer  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
I will remember Will in a similar light as I do Carson Coffman, but without the fun stuff on the side.

Just a kid who won over his coaches doing things "the right way", but someone the fans could never understand why he played so much.

And that's all I really have to say about Will.

No, it isn't.  But I understand now why you won't.

Why say what everyone else already did?

He had a couple of nice stretches during the last two conference seasons where he was a big part of winning games, but he was a no show outside of that many times, and he was limited to what he could do because of his athleticism (or lack thereof).  The whole drive/fall/kick play last night kind of summed a lot of it up.

I was never a big fan of his, but I'll acknowledge that he helped us out in several games.  I feel exactly like I did when Carson left, and that's, "Well, at least the coaches won't be tempted to play him any more."

I hadn't thought of this comparison, but the more you explain it, the more I like it. The difference is Will playing above average and thus building up the unmet expectations; however, their senior years are comparable.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2014, 10:41:06 PM »

Maybe Shannon can get Will a spot on The Bachelor.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2014, 03:08:32 AM »
I got excited when Shane said he wanted to play pro for a bit with the intent of coaching. He would be a great recruiter.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2014, 03:22:36 AM »
oscar subbing Will offense for defense at then end of the game was hilarious.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2014, 03:25:40 AM »
Also, working with Clent at conoco-Phillips(?) in Tulsa would probably be appropriate.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2014, 08:12:10 AM »
It seemed like no other player in Kstate history got more open looks than Will Spradling.   More times than not it was Will Clankling. 

If FP/TC Angel wasn't a total little baby, momma's boy we wouldn't likely be having this convo.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2014, 08:18:22 AM »
It seemed like no other player in Kstate history got more open looks than Will Spradling.   More times than not it was Will Clankling. 

If FP/TC Angel wasn't a total little baby, momma's boy we wouldn't likely be having this convo. 

Lol
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »

:confused: was Angel his shot coach?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2014, 08:54:36 AM »
Angel did more with his career here in half the time

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »

Will's overall percentage was ok.  Not good, but not terrible.  More times than not, he refused to take the open looks, would swing the ball, as we'd end up taking a much worse shot as a result.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2014, 10:10:43 AM »
Angel did more with his career here in half the time

he also quit our team

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »

Will's overall percentage was ok.  Not good, but not terrible.  More times than not, he refused to take the open looks, would swing the ball, as we'd end up taking a much worse shot as a result.

it was terrible for what his role should have been, he shot a whole 4 percentage points better over his career than Jamar & Jamar shot 14% his senior year

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2014, 10:53:11 AM »

it was terrible for what his role should have been, he shot a whole 4 percentage points better over his career than Jamar & Jamar shot 14% his senior year

Agreed.  For as little as he brought to the table, he should have been much closer to 40% from 3 than 30%.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2014, 12:23:15 PM »
Career NCAA Tournament scoring

Clankling-25
Frankamp-16

:lol: