Author Topic: K-State vs the Blue JYCs  (Read 11462 times)

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: K-State vs the Blue JYCs
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 01:01:52 PM »
I'm putting the over/under for K-State players fouling out at 1.5
I'm purple down

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
DJamer has a monster game in his hometown

wesley has a monster game against his aau buds that he group txts with

will has a monster game realizing its his last chance to mean something

CATS 75 cats 71

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 01:07:32 PM »
What if we just hit a rediculous percentage (stat) of shots?  like a bunch of percents? 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 01:08:41 PM »
What if we just hit a rediculous percentage (stat) of shots?  like a bunch of percents?

it would be REDICULOUS

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
I think we can throw the stats out the window for this one and the Cats win comfortably under Coach oscar's tutelage.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »
The only real thing giving me hope at this point is the short line that the books are offering...

There MUST be some reason the books are almost begging for UK $$$.

:dunno:

Maybe we should all ask KIV for the lowdown.  :dunno:

She'll sell you the K-State pick for the low, low price of $100 while I'll give ya her play for FREE!!!

Hint: It's ALWAYS K-State and/or the Denver Broncos

:peek:
bears are fast...

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »
_Fan, do you foresee any defensive issues with our guys confusing these two twins?  Like I'm assuming that one of the twins is better than the other one, right?  That said, do you think it's possible that Omari mistakenly guards the less good twin causing open driving lanes for the better one?

TIA
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline ksufan44

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »
I think if we play similar to how we played in our last game (vs Iowa State at the P66), we win this game. Hoiball is better than the blue wildcats on offense and defense has to be somewhat similar, on which we put up 85. Purple cats by 7

Offline rollingplains

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
crap
this mug has been wrong before, come on Cats don't be bitches.  i already gave you all the details from my dossier.
this crap is game set match, sons

throw out all the records guys because what we have is an experienced and seasoned k-state team matching up against a bunch of under-performing one and doners AKA the kentucky wildcats. 

our advantages will be highlighted early and often.  senior guard will spradling aka the jayhawk killer will take advantage of his mismatches and lead this team to a 1st half lead which is when the freshman star foster will come in and lead this team to a even bigger 2nd half lead. 

soon, freshman sharpshooter thomas will lead this team to great heights and attack the rim with emotional velocity.

in the end, the powerhouse tag team combo of gipson, johnson, and southwell will put the final touches on this game which will forever be labeled the Picasso from Manhattan. 

k-state 81
kentucky 74

HMMMM Piss you're one strange cookie

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
to piggyback off of sabi's question, do the twins wear the same jersey number or different ones?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »
i think we will have to play "up"

do you guys think we will play "up"?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »
The only real thing giving me hope at this point is the short line that the books are offering...

There MUST be some reason the books are almost begging for UK $$$.

:dunno:

Maybe we should all ask KIV for the lowdown.  :dunno:

She'll sell you the K-State pick for the low, low price of $100 while I'll give ya her play for FREE!!!

Hint: It's ALWAYS K-State and/or the Denver Broncos

:peek:

...but what is your bazonga situation?  As I understand the Vegas sports pick game, those are a requirement.
@mikec2w

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »
Right after Kentucky steamrolls us they will mush Wichita State.

I think Coach Cal gets our guys ready for this weekend. SEC! SEC! SEC!
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 02:10:20 PM »

you will be able to redicule everyone who said otherwise

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »
think I might be able to help with the twins thing- they wear different jersey numbers but they have like almost identical numbers to make it hard to tell them apart. ive filed a complaint with the NCAA to make them change their jersey numbers to something completely different like 14 and 53 (those are just the numbers I used in the email) so omari will know which one to guard.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
I think one ray of sunshine is UK's low 3-point shooting percentage. K-State always relies heavily on help defense, and this is especially so against teams with talented individual players. When you mix that with opponents who can really shoot it well from long range (ISU, Baylor, even OU to some extent) it becomes really tough for our Cats. K-State helps and helps, but eventually someone is left open from long range and it burns us.

This is less likely to be the case vs a team like Kentucky. Sure, it will be an uphill battle keeping UK off the offensive glass and off of the free throw line, but not having to deal with that additional element at least keeps this game in the winnable category imo.

I really want to win too. Playing WSU in a "nothing to lose" scenario would be a treat imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
I think one ray of sunshine is UK's low 3-point shooting percentage. K-State always relies heavily on help defense, and this is especially so against teams with talented individual players. When you mix that with opponents who can really shoot it well from long range (ISU, Baylor, even OU to some extent) it becomes really tough for our Cats. K-State helps and helps, but eventually someone is left open from long range and it burns us.

This is less likely to be the case vs a team like Kentucky. Sure, it will be an uphill battle keeping UK off the offensive glass and off of the free throw line, but not having to deal with that additional element at least keeps this game in the winnable category imo.

I really want to win too. Playing WSU in a "nothing to lose" scenario would be a treat imo.

Good points, being more free to help should be nice for our defense.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
_fan have you taken a look at that fivethirtyeight website that espn has been promoting lately? Nate silver runs it and it seems like a statistics lovers dream. Also someone should write a book about how all these stat guys are revolutionizing sports, I'd pay money to read about pomeroy, the baseball prospectus crew and nate silver, kind of like money ball, but more all encompassing
I'm purple down

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »
_fan have you taken a look at that fivethirtyeight website that espn has been promoting lately? Nate silver runs it and it seems like a statistics lovers dream. Also someone should write a book about how all these stat guys are revolutionizing sports, I'd pay money to read about pomeroy, the baseball prospectus crew and nate silver, kind of like money ball, but more all encompassing

I wouldn't say that they are revolutionizing sports. They are just changing the metrics people use to perceive who is good and who is not.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »

I wouldn't say that they are revolutionizing sports. They are just changing the metrics people use to perceive who is good and who is not.

Silver predicted every senate/house election in '12 except for 1 I think.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 03:33:02 PM »

Depends what a bunch of percents means. We shot 61.8% against ISU in KC and lost which is really hard to do. We've only shot better than 60% 2 other times in the past 12 seasons and lost (both of those were with Wooly).

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2014, 03:42:20 PM »
welp nevermind then, stats say we should shoot poorly, so we better shoot poorly case closed

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »

They're changing (slowly) how coaches call the game, maybe not revolutionizing, but doing more than providing new metrics
I'm purple down

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:21 PM »
welp nevermind then, stats say we should shoot poorly, so we better shoot poorly case closed

So stats don't matter? Just for us dorks?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »

There will be a book at some point I'm sure. Also, their article on the Shockers was good.

The numbers give you a better lense to view what goes into winning and losing games and how teams and players actually produce (or don't) on the court. Any information that helps coaches, players, and fans is good for the game.