Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines  (Read 96477 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Malaysia Airlines
« Reply #1025 on: March 31, 2015, 03:02:36 PM »
It would be pretty easy to engineer that door to make the answer to the bev cart question "Infinity".

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 31, 2015, 03:05:56 PM »
He just wanted to axe the co-pilot a question.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 31, 2015, 03:06:31 PM »
I would have been slamming drinks!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 16, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »
I'll go ahead and leave his one here.   :bwpopcorn:

http://rt.com/news/250097-remote-control-aircraft-germany/

German air traffic authority seeks emergency systems on commercial flights

In light of the Germanwings flight crash last month, the German aviation authority has urged the industry to create a technology that will allow air traffic controllers to override a pilot’s commands and take over the aircraft in emergency situations.

“We have to think past today’s technology,” Klaus Dieter Scheurle, head of the Deutsche Flugsicherung air traffic control authority said at a press conference on Wednesday, as he urged the aviation industry to develop a reliable remote control system for commercial aircraft.

The idea emerges following the tragedy of Germanwings Flight 9525 on March 24, where co-pilot Andreas Lubitz locked himself in in the cockpit and deliberately crashed the aircraft in the French Alps, killing all 150 people onboard.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 17, 2015, 12:55:01 AM »
Klaus Dieter Scheurle, head of the Deutsche Flugsicherung
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 17, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »
Would a drone pilot have emergency landed on the hudson and saved hundreds of lives k-s-u?

In serious answer to your question, it's unlikely that a drone pilot could or would have taken over control in such a situation at low altitude right after takeoff. Simply not enough time.

The drone tech could have avoided disasters at higher altitude and longer flight time, such as the Germanwings and Air Egypt and Malaysia Airlines suicides, the 9/11 hijackings, and the Air France and Air Asia (likely) weather related pilot errors. But that's still a lot of crashes that could have been avoided and about 4k lives saved?

Our drone techs are going to be saving german, egyptian, and malaysian planes too? maybe clams was on to something with the moon satellite.

We already have cross-carrier data interfaces set up by the plane manufacturers (pretty much just Boeing and Airbus for big commercial jets), not to mention manufacturers of some of the jet components (Mercedes Benz, etc.)

So cooperation among carriers doesn't seem like the difficult part at all. The hardest part would be setting up a system that could respond quickly enough.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 17, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »
Would a drone pilot have emergency landed on the hudson and saved hundreds of lives k-s-u?

In serious answer to your question, it's unlikely that a drone pilot could or would have taken over control in such a situation at low altitude right after takeoff. Simply not enough time.

The drone tech could have avoided disasters at higher altitude and longer flight time, such as the Germanwings and Air Egypt and Malaysia Airlines suicides, the 9/11 hijackings, and the Air France and Air Asia (likely) weather related pilot errors. But that's still a lot of crashes that could have been avoided and about 4k lives saved?
Saw a story that the flight computer actually put the plane in the perfect angle of attack for a soft landing and all that Sully actually did was line it up on the river. If he would have tried the landing on his own it probably would not have turned out so well.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 31, 2015, 08:57:38 AM »
but the serial number plate is consipicuously missing

dunh dunh DUH!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: July 31, 2015, 09:12:02 AM »
the plane could have secretly landed on an island then removed the flaperon and dumped in the ocean to cover their tracks

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 31, 2015, 10:28:00 AM »
the plane could have secretly landed on an island then removed the flaperon and dumped in the ocean to cover their tracks

What island would be small enough to hide that, yet have a runway big enough? Genuinely asking, not being snarky.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 31, 2015, 12:24:42 PM »

What island would be small enough to hide that, yet have a runway big enough? Genuinely asking, not being snarky.

i dont know, but i found dozens of them back when it was cool to do that kind of thing

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 13, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
Wacky

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 13, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »
Wacky
I know, I know, but TMZ did RT it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 13, 2015, 11:57:29 AM »
I clicked the link and there is a photo of a 747

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 13, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
Hey Wacky you got talent bro can you see if you can dig up anything on Jimmy Hoffa?  Trying to settle a bet.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 13, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »
 :lol:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 23, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 06, 2016, 08:24:23 PM »
They aren't sure what part of the plane it is, but they are sure it blew up in mid air.

right..

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 07, 2016, 06:50:50 AM »
Yeah that part was pretty wtf

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 18, 2019, 09:10:55 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/07/mh370-malaysia-airlines/590653/

An intentional depressurization would have been an obvious way—and probably the only way—to subdue a potentially unruly cabin in an airplane that was going to remain in flight for hours to come. In the cabin, the effect would have gone unnoticed but for the sudden appearance of the drop-down oxygen masks and perhaps the cabin crew’s use of the few portable units of similar design. None of those cabin masks was intended for more than about 15 minutes of use during emergency descents to altitudes below 13,000 feet; they would have been of no value at all cruising at 40,000 feet. The cabin occupants would have become incapacitated within a couple of minutes, lost consciousness, and gently died without any choking or gasping for air. The scene would have been dimly lit by the emergency lights, with the dead belted into their seats, their faces nestled in the worthless oxygen masks dangling on tubes from the ceiling.

:horrorsurprise: