Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines  (Read 97196 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Malaysia Airlines
« Reply #975 on: March 28, 2015, 10:10:38 PM »
Would a drone pilot have emergency landed on the hudson and saved hundreds of lives k-s-u?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 28, 2015, 10:17:59 PM »
chew on this mind bender-
design an unhackable computer program that flies the planes from a computer located on a satellite based on the moon.  the computer program is monitored by a robot developed by a combined team of data scientists from Apple, Android, and Xbox.  the robot is controlled by actual pilots who are located at NORAD in Colorado Springs

I got the idea after watching war games, it's a great "idea" motivator type movie

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 28, 2015, 10:21:01 PM »
Once there was a problem.  All the "experts" couldn't solve it.  They made excuses and couldn't see the obvious solution. 

All it took was a little common sense and a message board to figure it out.

WAKE UP AVIATION INDUSTRY!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 28, 2015, 10:51:20 PM »
Would a drone pilot have emergency landed on the hudson and saved hundreds of lives k-s-u?

In serious answer to your question, it's unlikely that a drone pilot could or would have taken over control in such a situation at low altitude right after takeoff. Simply not enough time.

The drone tech could have avoided disasters at higher altitude and longer flight time, such as the Germanwings and Air Egypt and Malaysia Airlines suicides, the 9/11 hijackings, and the Air France and Air Asia (likely) weather related pilot errors. But that's still a lot of crashes that could have been avoided and about 4k lives saved?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 28, 2015, 10:58:57 PM »

Save your breath wetwillie. It's all just a video game to these dronetards.

The idea of preventing pilot error crashes is completely ridiculous, considering the cause of a crash isnt known until after the fact.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 28, 2015, 11:12:32 PM »

design an unhackable computer program that flies the planes from a computer located on a satellite based on the moon.  the computer program is monitored by a robot developed by a combined team of data scientists from Apple, Android, and Xbox.  the robot is controlled by actual pilots who are located at NORAD in Colorado Springs

I got the idea after watching war games, it's a great "idea" motivator type movie

What if the pilots were children?  Like on Ender's Game.  Or wildly talented problem drinkers, like on Training Day?  Best of both worlds.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 28, 2015, 11:14:12 PM »

In serious answer to your question, it's unlikely that a drone pilot could or would have taken over control in such a situation at low altitude right after takeoff. Simply not enough time.

The drone tech could have avoided disasters at higher altitude and longer flight time, such as the Germanwings and Air Egypt and Malaysia Airlines suicides, the 9/11 hijackings, and the Air France and Air Asia (likely) weather related pilot errors. But that's still a lot of crashes that could have been avoided and about 4k lives saved?

Our drone techs are going to be saving german, egyptian, and malaysian planes too? maybe clams was on to something with the moon satellite.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 28, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »
there really are no pilots in my scenario,   they're actually just actors pretending to be pilots

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 28, 2015, 11:35:07 PM »
there really are no pilots in my scenario,   they're actually just actors pretending to be pilots

Sounds adequate.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 29, 2015, 01:53:03 AM »

Save your breath wetwillie. It's all just a video game to these dronetards.

The idea of preventing pilot error crashes is completely ridiculous, considering the cause of a crash isnt known until after the fact.

Nobody here has suggested drone pilots take the place of real pilots.  Good grief.

What was discussed were the merits of a system designed to come into play to stop a hijacking incident maybe four or five times a year out of the 20 million or so commercial flights around the world annually.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:07:04 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 29, 2015, 02:01:16 AM »
Once there was a problem.  All the "experts" couldn't solve it.  They made excuses and couldn't see the obvious solution. 

All it took was a little common sense and a message board to figure it out.

WAKE UP AVIATION INDUSTRY!

Nailed it again, KK.  If there's one group of imbeciles that know nothing about aviation it's the fruit cakes at Boeing!!!

How those mouth breathers muster the courage to leave their bedrooms everyday is beyond me.

:lol:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 29, 2015, 02:52:10 AM »
I think you meant that John Cusack movie, not Training Day

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 29, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »
These things are pretty much mechanical clocks in the sky. You don't jump from a 1978 camero to the starship enterprise by doing a retrofit or whatever it is you think would accomplish the remote controlling you're suggesting.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 29, 2015, 08:15:19 AM »
Don't shoot the messenger! Take it up with dumbasses at Boeing that patented this obviously preposterous idea.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 29, 2015, 09:12:54 AM »

i didn't get the training day reference either

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: March 29, 2015, 09:15:45 AM »

Pushing Tin

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 29, 2015, 11:37:24 AM »

Pushing Tin

Airplane II

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 29, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
Ksuw said "buff" in a real life post

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 29, 2015, 02:14:48 PM »
i don't know anything about enders game, but i have seen the movie "toys".
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 30, 2015, 09:00:59 AM »

What if the pilots were children?  Like on Ender's Game.  Or wildly talented problem drinkers, like on Training Day?  Best of both worlds.

Yeah, and you don't tell the children they are flying real planes until afterwards.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 31, 2015, 09:12:49 AM »
wish i would have had my automatic controller idea that boeing did like 9 years ago. bet id be super rich...
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 31, 2015, 01:46:55 PM »
Breaking News Feed ?@PzFeed 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: Cell phone video found at Germanwings crash site shows screaming passengers as plane goes down - CNN

nope nope nope

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 31, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
That's kinda smart if you think about it. They probably pay for the video and give it to the families of the lost one who taped it, right?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 31, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »
Yeah the cockpit voice recorder had passengers screaming on it too. Also the pilot saying "Open the damn door."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 31, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »
Yeah the cockpit voice recorder had passengers screaming on it too. Also the pilot saying "Open the damn door."
apparently he took an axe to it but couldn't get in