Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 121182 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1525 on: February 15, 2024, 12:28:28 PM »
Have the identities and motives of the perpetrator(s) been released yet?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 15, 2024, 12:32:55 PM »
All I have heard it that it was over a disagreement and two of the suspects are minors.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 15, 2024, 12:36:10 PM »
In one Star photo I saw an AR style rifle . . . certainly one of them wasn't walking around with an AR style rifle and no one noticed, right?  That was a weapon carried by law enforcement and it was just laid up against a wall, right?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 15, 2024, 12:40:47 PM »
there was a report/witness that one of the guns used was in a backpack, and the shooter actually held up the backpack and shot the gun through it.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 15, 2024, 12:44:58 PM »
In one Star photo I saw an AR style rifle . . . certainly one of them wasn't walking around with an AR style rifle and no one noticed, right?  That was a weapon carried by law enforcement and it was just laid up against a wall, right?

I saw a video of a woman picking that gun up right after the shooting occurred.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: February 15, 2024, 12:52:58 PM »
Standard but still required disclaimer:  I'm all for tougher gun laws.

But it will forever remain fascinating to me how it always immediately leaps to an entire narrative about guns, with no one stopping to ask what kind of mental state and belief system (or non belief system) drives individuals to act in such a psycho/sociopathic manner.

While I am being presumptive here, because law enforcement hasn't told us what the motives.  By some accounts this was just disagreement or dust up between individuals. 

Who loads up guns in a back pack, takes them to a parade and has a mindset that if someone pisses me off, I am going to start throwing lead?  Gun laws aside, that is worthy of a strident and in depth inquiry.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 15, 2024, 12:56:15 PM »
Standard but still required disclaimer:  I'm all for tougher gun laws.

But it will forever remain fascinating to me how it always immediately leaps to an entire narrative about guns, with no one stopping to ask what kind of mental state and belief system (or non belief system) drives individuals to act in such a psycho/sociopathic manner.

While I am being presumptive here, because law enforcement hasn't told us what the motives.  By some accounts this was just disagreement or dust up between individuals. 

Who loads up guns in a back pack, takes them to a parade and has a mindset that if someone pisses me off, I am going to start throwing lead?  Gun laws aside, that is worthy of a strident and in depth inquiry.

Ok. Fair enough. I just wish they had their disagreement without guns.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 15, 2024, 01:01:58 PM »
No one has you confused with a pro 2A guy, Spracs

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 15, 2024, 01:03:30 PM »
No one has you confused with a pro 2A guy, Spracs

I am pro all of the Constitution. That amendment has been misconstrued. Go read The Federalist No. 46, written by that pinko commie James Madison.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 15, 2024, 01:05:49 PM »
I don't need to Spracs . . . I am not anything remotely close to an anything goes 2A guy. As I've made clear on numerous occasions on this blog.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 15, 2024, 01:07:19 PM »
I don't need to Spracs . . . I am not anything remotely close to an anything goes 2A guy. As I've made clear on numerous occasions on this blog.

So you're a "I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' ..." guy?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 15, 2024, 01:09:19 PM »
That doesn't make any sense.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 15, 2024, 01:13:04 PM »
That doesn't make any sense.

While I appreciate your willingness to support more gun laws, you sure did equivocate a lot in the response I quoted. That's what I meant. And it made sense.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 15, 2024, 01:19:56 PM »
You completely deflected the incredible and excruciatingly salient points I was making on the social/mental dynamic of this situation and immediately made all about the guns . . . again.

Which is 1000% #onbrand. 

edited for content (noted because #blueanongE is extremely anal and weird about editing posts)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 01:26:05 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 15, 2024, 05:17:26 PM »
i think it was maybe 6 score and 7 years ago that like, pretty much anyone could just like...have cocaine, or heroin, or methamphetamine, if they wanted it. And then after that social experiment ran for a while the government was like "huh...these things might be a little too powerful to just let people have them free of any regulation."

i doubt very much that they needed to go through the exercise of examining the mental state of the people who experienced negative outcomes as a result of their use of cocaine, heroin, or methamphetamine...sometimes its just as simple as some things are too dangerous to just let people have with little more than titular regulations/restrictions to serve as the guard rails.

a similar type of thing happened with speed limits on roadways when vehicles would get into too many accidents and some brainiac thought "huh, we might just need to place limits on how fast someone can lawfully drive on this roadway because if people are left to their own devices they will keep getting into accidents". didn't really have a whole lot to do with the mental fitness of the person driving the car, in fact i'm quite sure the "mental health of the driver" factor did not come into play at all, even a little bit, when they decided to impose speed limits.

there are so many more instances of stuff like this happening i could go on and on but i think you get the idea

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 15, 2024, 05:50:56 PM »
Oh my word

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 15, 2024, 08:49:14 PM »
i think it was maybe 6 score and 7 years ago that like, pretty much anyone could just like...have cocaine, or heroin, or methamphetamine, if they wanted it. And then after that social experiment ran for a while the government was like "huh...these things might be a little too powerful to just let people have them free of any regulation."

i doubt very much that they needed to go through the exercise of examining the mental state of the people who experienced negative outcomes as a result of their use of cocaine, heroin, or methamphetamine...sometimes its just as simple as some things are too dangerous to just let people have with little more than titular regulations/restrictions to serve as the guard rails.

a similar type of thing happened with speed limits on roadways when vehicles would get into too many accidents and some brainiac thought "huh, we might just need to place limits on how fast someone can lawfully drive on this roadway because if people are left to their own devices they will keep getting into accidents". didn't really have a whole lot to do with the mental fitness of the person driving the car, in fact i'm quite sure the "mental health of the driver" factor did not come into play at all, even a little bit, when they decided to impose speed limits.

there are so many more instances of stuff like this happening i could go on and on but i think you get the idea

what on earth is this

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 15, 2024, 08:57:21 PM »
Lick, I cannot just go using the word titular all willynilly. You have to lay the foundation, then you gotta let it breathe.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 15, 2024, 09:01:16 PM »
My lawd in heaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 15, 2024, 10:28:13 PM »

The "_______ Strong" things are super cringe to me

which one do you think we'll get?

#KCSTRONG or #CHIEFSTRONG

https://x.com/kstatesports/status/1757930216586883404

these resourceful cops took "rearranging deck chairs on the titanic" and turned it into an art medium. One of the strongest "____ STRONG" installations i've ever seen

https://twitter.com/kmbc/status/1758216596877721681?t=KSznO-phaY5i9CeEq3xgeA&s=19

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: February 15, 2024, 10:48:54 PM »
:lol:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 16, 2024, 09:55:39 AM »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 16, 2024, 10:13:39 AM »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 19, 2024, 07:19:36 PM »
A little late, but....
Like it or not, Guns are politicized, Don't politicize a tragedy is always the comment after a shooting but that is to try to change the subject that we are really the only country where this happens in the civilized world...but hey look at the GOP, they've practically sexualized guns, send them out on Christmas cards, and wear AR-15 Lapel pins.